Ex Ideal World Employee - Ask away! Anything

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, thank gawd for the mute button, but I would rather put up with the voice overs rather than seeing him as a regular presenter....

Paul Lavers was brought back as an advisor to help steer the tv side of the company in the right direction. His presenting is a secondary role in his employment .

Which presenter sells the most? What is the biggest selling item on IW?

Nice to hear that Genevieve is as lovely in real life as she comes across on screen. She's my favourite presenter on IW and has been a huge plus for the channel since she joined them.

1. Is Sue Southall really an 'interiors expert' or just an actress?

2. How did Jacqui 'Erm' Joseph get a presenting job with IW? (she's not very good and appears totally out of her depth with Home Shopping)

Which presenter sells the most? What is the biggest selling item on IW?

It's should be no shock that the best selling items are the ones that are aired time and time again. Spellbinders POD's are very popular and do very well.

Presenters all sell well but I didn't work in a department that knows their individual sales figures.

Nice to hear that Genevieve is as lovely in real life as she comes across on screen. She's my favourite presenter on IW and has been a huge plus for the channel since she joined them.

1. Is Sue Southall really an 'interiors expert' or just an actress?

2. How did Jacqui 'Erm' Joseph get a presenting job with IW? (she's not very good and appears totally out of her depth with Home Shopping)

I don't know if sue southall has any interior background experience but am aware that she is also an actress.
Jacqui will have undergone screen tests and auditions just the same as all the others. Whether she is good or not is down to opinion but she has very good credentials having been with ITV primetime tv and interviewing Hollywood stars.

Jaqui is atrocious and the fact Ideal have not picked up on her presenting skills, or lack of them is just beyond comprehension. Is Sue Southall, steamy sue, if so she is a darling, if its the sue who sits on beds and in leather chairs, she seems stuck up and very bad on screen. Is Denice one of the 'difficult' ones then?

With all due respect to the guy/lady, this smells to me a bit of a PR exercise on behalf of IW. Timeforthetruth is handily putting us right on how the demos are never set up, or false, or bad in any way, and how the presenters are great, really nice people, the guests are also saints, etc etc. But they won't say a thing bad about anyone or anything, seems IW is just plated with gold in every respect. Oh and anything mildly out of the field that they can't be 100% positive about, well, luckily they didnt work in that department so they wouldnt know.
Really, every word said is being prompted by the producer hey? Im sure Loen was thrilled then when the PRODUCER......TOLD her to tell us all about her Mothers incontinence problems live on air....

So far I haven't learned anything I couldn't have guessed nor heard anything other than massive positivity for IW. Seems we are all getting reeled in here and will go away thinking lovely things about IW. Fishy to say the least.

Interesting thread, thanks for this TimeForTheTruth.

I was wondering what sort of viewing figures the channel gets? You cant find the stats in any of the usual places.

Also - re presenters pay, I know you wont be able to (nor want) to go into specifics - but do any of the presenters 'get rich' from the channel or is it more a comfortable-living-level?

Interesting thread, thanks for this TimeForTheTruth.

I was wondering what sort of viewing figures the channel gets? You cant find the stats in any of the usual places.

Also - re presenters pay, I know you wont be able to (nor want) to go into specifics - but do any of the presenters 'get rich' from the channel or is it more a comfortable-living-level?

We were told viewing figures average out at 80,000 an hour.

Unfortunately I will not comment on the salaries as I have literally no idea. Speculation goes from £50k to £1m. So I have no idea

With all due respect to the guy/lady, this smells to me a bit of a PR exercise on behalf of IW. Timeforthetruth is handily putting us right on how the demos are never set up, or false, or bad in any way, and how the presenters are great, really nice people, the guests are also saints, etc etc. But they won't say a thing bad about anyone or anything, seems IW is just plated with gold in every respect. Oh and anything mildly out of the field that they can't be 100% positive about, well, luckily they didnt work in that department so they wouldnt know.
Really, every word said is being prompted by the producer hey? Im sure Loen was thrilled then when the PRODUCER......TOLD her to tell us all about her Mothers incontinence problems live on air....

So far I haven't learned anything I couldn't have guessed nor heard anything other than massive positivity for IW. Seems we are all getting reeled in here and will go away thinking lovely things about IW. Fishy to say the least.

Believe what you like. Ideal world and I parted on awful terms. **** money, working conditions and rude management. But I will not come on a forum and verbally slate presenters as I respect my place working in the television industry too much. It's taken me years to get into television and I will not ruin it by making awful remarks/opinions on presenters.

Some presenters are lovely. Some are the worst people in the world. I've worked with A list celebrities on prime time tv that are less diva than some of the budget shopping tv presenters at ideal world.

My pay was around £15k below what you would get at another company. Demos are not all true, but the karcher ones are legit. The polti ones are faked with gravy browning. The bissel carpet is cream and stained with gravy browning.

I was a floor manager. I looked after the shows and studios and people, I did not have access to presenter salaries or sales figures.
Imagine being a cleaner at a shop. You wouldn't know the days takings! What's with all the cynical thoughts?
I came on here to cure people curiosity of demos and "the wonders of shopping television". Maybe because I work in tv I find it more interesting of the "behind the scenes" than most.

I haven't come here to say "dennice shouted at me, gets paid £150,000 and sells £40k of product an hour".

We were told viewing figures average out at 80,000 an hour.

Unfortunately I will not comment on the salaries as I have literally no idea. Speculation goes from £50k to £1m. So I have no idea
£1 million!! Who is worth that much on IW?:mysmilie_466:

Jaqui is atrocious and the fact Ideal have not picked up on her presenting skills, or lack of them is just beyond comprehension. Is Sue Southall, steamy sue, if so she is a darling, if its the sue who sits on beds and in leather chairs, she seems stuck up and very bad on screen. Is Denice one of the 'difficult' ones then?

Sue southall is the bed lady. Steamy sue is the one, as the name suggests, does steam products.
Dennice can be difficult but only because she likes things a certain way.

It's great to have you on the forum. :)

I done 2 weeks work experience at Ideal World, and at the time, the highest takings in 1 hour was a craft show and got £47k "in the bank". What's the most popular hour youve heard/ experienced?

It's great to have you on the forum. :)

I done 2 weeks work experience at Ideal World, and at the time, the highest takings in 1 hour was a craft show and got £47k "in the bank". What's the most popular hour youve heard/ experienced?

It's quite a bit more than that for IW.

Totally agree , each time this person is questioned that it mayb a PR stunt or a complete fake he/she drops alittle more info. If he/she parted on awful times like they said then no way would they be on here surporting IW. It was a nice try but we are not that stupid

Hi TFTT, And thanks for all the info, I totally get why you want to put a few things straight, I can imagine in your shoes I would want to do the same, I have a question, and totally understand if you don't want to or are not able to answer it, ... back in the Alan & Barry days on C&C, I remember the plug suddenly being pulled on their show halfway though, and if memory serves me correctly that was the last we saw of them on the channel, obviously their dodgy business dealings has been much talked about on this forum in the past, but I wondered if you had the inside scoop on what actually happened on that particular day?

Surely a non-disclosure agreement is standard within that industry? As such, talking so candidly about a former employer is not career-enhancing.

Whether it's a PR stunt or not I've enjoyed the interaction between TimeForTheTruth and the forum.
Credit to you for staying professional by not slating them. If that had been me I would have relished dishing the dirt. Gobby mare that I am.

I have already voiced my feelings on these threads (which are on all IW channels!) in post 66. I am still not convinced, it seems just the sort of stunt Ideal World would pull. But TFTT sounds a nice person and since I will never ever buy anything from Ideal World again after my one and only order, which was a nightmare from start to finish, it doesn't matter anyway.

The posts are interesting which is good as usually the IW part of the forum is as boring as hell.

Totally agree , each time this person is questioned that it mayb a PR stunt or a complete fake he/she drops alittle more info. If he/she parted on awful times like they said then no way would they be on here surporting IW. It was a nice try but we are not that stupid

This whole post is the reason I came to this forum in the first place! Because your cynical points of view are just completely wrong and incorrect! I'm not on here trying to support ideal world, I just refuse to bitch about people on here. I wanted to give an insight into the workings of ideal world, not reveal confidential information that I can't discuss due to contract.

It's not a PR stunt and neither am I a fake. I just find the whole situation rediculous but I also proves the cynical nature of the people on here. Just like I'm not fake, MANY of the demos aren't fake, stock updates aren't and can't be fake! I'm not here to defend IW, I just am here to answer speculation of the absolute bollocks a lot of you seem to talk about constantly when I know better. I know how all the demos work, I prepped them! Yet people on here still refuse to believe that a Karcher pressure washer may actually do the job it's intended to do!

Seriously can't believe this is even an issue. Some have taken advantage of finding out legitimate interesting facts like how demos are prepped and asking viewing figures. But it just shows the nature of some when all they want to know is "who is the worst presenter. How rude are they? Who is a bitch?!" Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back