Every Fortnight eh Julia? you mucky cow!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
JR just suggested (on the NN show) that you might only change your duvet every fortnight!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? she said you might change the bottom sheet every week though......

GOD only knows how she arrives at that conclusion.

i change my complete bed at once a week as an absolute MINIMUM and more likely twice.
if things are going ... ahem "well" i may even change it 3 or 4 times :tongue2: but thats not for now.....

how often do you?:cheeky:

apparently, so I have heard, Jackie Kennedy had the sheets changed twice a day when she was in the white house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still can not get over that, is that just a work creation scheme?

JR just suggested (on the NN show) that you might only change your duvet every fortnight!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? she said you might change the bottom sheet every week though......

GOD only knows how she arrives at that conclusion.

i change my complete bed at once a week as an absolute MINIMUM and more likely twice.
if things are going ... ahem "well" i may even change it 3 or 4 times
:tongue2: but thats not for now.....

how often do you?:cheeky:

Why don't you just put down a tarpaulin or some PVC sheets and be done with it? :devil:

i said thats not for now, cheeky

go on then... how often do YOU?

OK - PM me then :wink:

Once a week, or as and when required.

Like when I've had a late night snack of pickled onions and the vinegar's dribbled onto a pillow case or the duvet cover... :angel:

Moving slightly sideways from the bedchanging debate and going down the road of less
often, less washing agent, less water, less electricity ect, I found myself wondering about
the lengths we go to in order to save money, especially in these times when I would guess
most of us are having to "rob Peter to pay Paul."
Now, please don't tell a soul but I -deep breath - tread on anything in a tube to encourage
the contents to a place where it can easily be extracted. I dilute the last knockings in the
bottle with an appropriate!! liquid to extract the last drop. I only buy from QVC when I see
something which will impact badly on my emotional wellbeing!!!!! if I don't have it and.........I have been known to turn the duvet over to get a bit more wear out of it.
Potentially, what I save COULD be the difference between a weekend in a caravan or a
5 star hotel, Diamonique or diamond, my favourite coffee or economy tasteless.
Okay folks, I've 'fessed up, over to you.
Best wishes from Springflower.

P.S. NO.....I haven't yet resorted to tearing up the newspaper!!!!!!

Yup, I'm another dirty devil who changes the bed once a fortnight...well it doesn't see much action these days lol! However, if it starts to look, or feel grubby, then I will change it earlier! Only things that get spilled on my bed linen these days is tea or hot chocolate!!!!

Once a month at the most, I have to admit, and even my mom who is a clean freak doesn't do it more often than that. Never occurred to me that I might be a dirty filthy cow for that, I clearly must mend my ways!

OH just said that everyone who changes their bedsheets that often clearly must be very concerned over their.... bedsheets. He clearly has never seen Craig present a Northern Nights hour.

Last edited:
i'm staggered.

you sleep with the fabric next to you for 6, 7, maybe 8 (if your lucky) hours a night and you go two weeks or even a MONTH without changing them? :mysmilie_505:

would you wear a t shirt or a pair of knickers that long? (shut up mrs james......)

DIRTY MARES! :devil:

Always at Christmas

I honestly don't give it that much thought, I just change them as and when most probably more than twice a month but don't make a record of it. BUT, I always change all the beds on Christmas eve. Nice to sleep in a fresh bed the night before Christmas.

Latest posts

Back