Eve Lom, worth the money?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

no! used it and had to get a refund boils and spots does not suit my combination skin.cheap product to make,lots of hype and overpriced.
liz earle is better but has no slip after a while so its hard to massage it in....
i think clarins does a superb cleanser you can massage it for ages which makes your skin glow and really gets rid of the deep down imputities.

I bought Eve Lom and the same happened - I got horrible 'deep' big spots that took months to clear in the end and I'd never had spots in my life until then. In the end it sat in my cupboard for 2 years till I remembered to throw it out - what a waste of money. If it suits your skin though - I should think it would be nice.

I bought Eve Lom and the same happened - I got horrible 'deep' big spots that took months to clear in the end and I'd never had spots in my life until then. In the end it sat in my cupboard for 2 years till I remembered to throw it out - what a waste of money. If it suits your skin though - I should think it would be nice.

it's a very expensive mistake to make isn't it if it doesn't happen to suit your skin? :11:

I bought aa starter kit from spacenk a while ago and was prepared to ignore the horrible ingredient listing if it really worked but i reacted to it, made my eyes sore and caused spots and redness and flaky skin. I took it back for a refund.

I an't use liz earle face either apart from superskin and daily eye repair so everyone is different. I'd love to find a range from one of the really popular brands but sadly the majority seem not to work for me.

I ADORE Eve Lom in fact the only range that comes close in cleansing is my current beloved Sarah Chapman which is fantastic for me!

Liz Earle I'm afraid like Donna does feck all for; me much as I wish it would ,coz its so cheap a range!

On another note when DD was being seen by a dermatologist after a disastrous trial of the dreaded Alpha-H , the Eve Lom cleanseer was the only thing that helped her 23 year old combination skin, in fact so much so that her dermatologist who performed the cryothermy on her commented and advised that she continue with it!

Last edited:
it's a very expensive mistake to make isn't it if it doesn't happen to suit your skin? :11:

It is, isn't it? And you're so determined to like something because it's supposed to be so good. I use the Shiseido one at the moment, it has hyaluronic granules or something in it and it's fab. And far cheaper! It's about £30 but I've had mine for 7 or 8 months now cos you only need a tiny amount.

thanks everyone for your opinions! I know she is highly regarded in the beauty world and the one and only time I saw her on QVC she was the first person who actually managed to shut AY UP!

i agree she is but what happened to ali young when she looked at those ingredients. if i have her email address i would ask her!

Not going anywhere near my face ... got lanolin and mineral oil in it.

http://www.spacenk.com/product/shop+by+brand/eve+lom/skincare/face/154050009+cleanser+200ml.do

paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), cetearyl alcohol, peg-30 lanolin, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, aluminum stearate, theobroma cacao (cocoa butter), peg-75 lanolin, chamomilla recutita (chamomile oil), eugenia caryophyllus (clove oil), eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus oil), humulus lupulus (hops oil), phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, p-chloro-m-cresol, eugenol, isoeugenol

Overwhelmingly atrocious ingredients (throwing a few 'natural' ingredients into this mix is just not good enough) - no wonder they're having to punt it on qvc! Increasingly aware women are shunning such stuff, so they probably find they can't shift it at space nk.

what happened to ali young when she looked at those ingredients

Hahaha! Now that, I would pay to see!! I doubt she puts mineral oil near her face (that said she does seem selective when it comes to mentioning it - some Decleor has it in I think I read and she skims over that when flogging it!!)

Hahaha! Now that, I would pay to see!! I doubt she puts mineral oil near her face (that said she does seem selective when it comes to mentioning it - some Decleor has it in I think I read and she skims over that when flogging it!!)

Gatineau is full of mineral oils too and I'm sure she uses that - she has said its not a bad ingredient on some shows in the past but when a product doesn't contain it she harps on about it. A true saleswoman.

Gatineau is full of mineral oils too and I'm sure she uses that - she has said its not a bad ingredient on some shows in the past but when a product doesn't contain it she harps on about it. A true saleswoman.

You've got that right Lady Tia, AY, for all her faults, could flog sand to an Arab! lol

Ahh. Never used Gatineau so didn't know that - thanks!

Someone in the Apprentices hit the nail on the head the other day when they were doing the IW challenge - can't rememeber it properly but it was something along the lines of how the task would be to persuade people they want to buy stuff they don't really need/want. How many times have we all fallen for that?!

Ahh. Never used Gatineau so didn't know that - thanks!

Someone in the Apprentices hit the nail on the head the other day when they were doing the IW challenge - can't rememeber it properly but it was something along the lines of how the task would be to persuade people they want to buy stuff they don't really need/want. How many times have we all fallen for that?!

Far too many to remember in fact I thought I'd be a more savvy shopper - I am but still there are certain things where I think if its that popular it must be fab - get it and it rubbish for me :)

I don't understand why mineral oil is so loathed. It's one of the oldest, safest ingredients in skincare. Granted if your skin reacts to it, you're not going to be happy with it, but when my skin reacts to some natural ingredients, it ain't a pretty sight either! I have to go back to my good old Pond's Cold Cream and Nivea to comfort my skin and both have never failed to soothe. My mum and gran used these and both had amazing skin.

Oh, and my newly discoverd Rose Vaseline (which has both natural ingredients and mineral oil) is my new HG!

I don't understand why mineral oil is so loathed. It's one of the oldest, safest ingredients in skincare. Granted if your skin reacts to it, you're not going to be happy with it, but when my skin reacts to some natural ingredients, it ain't a pretty sight either! I have to go back to my good old Pond's Cold Cream and Nivea to comfort my skin and both have never failed to soothe. My mum and gran used these and both had amazing skin.

Oh, and my newly discoverd Rose Vaseline (which has both natural ingredients and mineral oil) is my new HG!

because not only does it not do anything but it sits on top of the skin. yea vaseline just coats the skin. whatever you want though!

what i dont get is why are all the 'top salon brands' include rubbish ingredients and liz earle which i use the 'affordable qvc brand' has the best ingredients?!

what i dont get is why are all the 'top salon brands' include rubbish ingredients and liz earle which i use the 'affordable qvc brand' has the best ingredients?!

That annoys me too! I guess alot of the money on the 'prestige' brands (inc. non-QVC ones) goes on packaging and marketing/advertising and if product contains the latest hightech 'it' ingredient, then maybe some of the cost has gone into the 'science' of discovering it.

Alternatively, they could just be ripping us off! We're all been suckered into believing expensive and nicely packaged is best at one time or another (and in some instances it probably is).

I have to say that my grandmother used Pond's Cold Cream every day of her life, from being a youngster and she had the most radiant skin, even at the age of 88 when she died a couple of years ago. My mother used Nivea religiously until discovering Liz Earle. I think it all does boil down to what suits your skin, if mineral oil makes it react then don't use it - if it works, then there's nothing wrong with that! I must admit to not being able to use it as it makes my skin sore and outbreaky, but that's just me. I have to say though, the smell of Pond's cold cream is adorable, and really reminds me of my Grandma - and her dressing table!

I find mineral oil much less reactive than many plant oils and extracts. For most people, it is a very benign product. As for sitting on the surface of the skin - that's exactly what you want a cleanser to do! - you don't want it taking dirt and make-up down into the deeper layers - you want it to emulsify the surface muck and grime so it can be easily removed.

I tried the Eve Lom cleanser, which has a real cult following, but couldn't get on with it - probably the worst reaction my skin has ever had to a product - very red with terrible boil-like spots. It's got a greasy pomade-like texture, with a very medicinal smell. I can't tolerate those sort of ingredients, unfortunately, even though many people swear by them. Personally, I would not recommend it for anyone with an oily or sensitive skin.

I've been trying a free sample of Nude cleanser. It's an oil and as someone who is very prone to break outs, I was really unsure about trying it. I have to say, my skin felt amazing after the first use and so far, no breakouts! I'm off to Bluewater tomorrow to pick up a free 15ml bottle from space NK (voucher in Harpers Bazaar) :1:

Latest posts

Back