Ethical product sourcing.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yea Iwatched the series the BBC made earlier in the year and some of the factoires were making for the lower end stores along side some of the big designer brands.

yea Iwatched the series the BBC made earlier in the year and some of the factoires were making for the lower end stores along side some of the big designer brands.

I watched one where they had the 4 young adults go and work for a week in India and work and live in the same conditions as the kids. One of them couldnt stop cying thoughout. What it was costing the big designers to make the clothes and the mark up was horrific. With the amount that gets done over there now the big companies should be building new factories for these people to work in the right conditions.

Hi,

as a guide, all Monsoon clothes are ethically sourced, and their manufacturers pay fair wages.

However, as most people probably know, Monsoon aren't cheap.

I'm sure that ethical clothes COULD be made cheaper than Monsoon - but not by a huge amount I'll bet.

So if you see a top in Monsoon for £50, then see a similar top in Primark or Tescos for £5, you can be pretty sure that someone is suffering for it.

Unfortunately, its a fact of life in the UK now that we exploit other countries cheap labour. Just try and find a TV that doesn't have parts from China - and they aren't exactly hot on human rights.

Cheers,
Karen

Latest posts

Back