Epilators

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Can anyone please recommend a facial epilator, tweezing is becoming both time consuming and difficult because of me not being able to grip small things for long periods so by the time I`ve done my eye brows I`m done in!!

I have an epilator but there`s little point in my recommending my particular model because it`s no longer made, mine is several years old. The brand is Philips though. What I would recommend is you get one which can be used on wet or dry skin and in the shower or bath. I don`t use mine on my face but I have noticed when I use it on sensitive areas such as bikini line or underarms, it is much easier and leaves the skin less red if I have wet lathered skin first. I`m presuming it would be the same using it on your face or neck which is also a very sensitive area. I just soften the skin with warm water in the shower, lather using a mild block soap and then epilate and I don`t get a rash and it doesn`t hurt.
Another tip is to wait an hour before applying any creams or lotions after you`ve epilated, it allows the pores to close again and helps stop ingrowing hairs or spots.
A good epilator isn`t cheap but it should last you years and once charged it`s portable and quick to use.

i like the small one that qvc sell for around £14. i have used it all over legs, underarms but i like it for my menapausal sprouting tash

I have the small facial one that QVC sell and it's really useful for top lip etc although I have a full size one for everywhere else (I'm not that hairy, honest!). I wouldn't use an epilator on my eyebrows though cos it's just not precise enough for shaping. I pluck mine but my daughter has hers threaded and they always look good.

Thanks everyone ..its for chin and upper lip caused by using HRT because of an early menopause brought on by hysterectomy ...the nurse said I needed to take it for my bones ..the worst thing I ever did, in 9 months I went from 9 stone to 11 1/2 ..that's when I stopped taking it the damage was done ..as well as the weight gain which I lost the majority of once I stopped it but that's when the facial hair started Strange really as I have silky smooth legs which have never needed anything doing to them !! Going to give the Simple Beauty Precision Single Hair Epilator £15 52 a go Thanks again

Latest posts

Back