Enough is Enough

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
I have decided that I am not going to buy expensive shower products any more.

I have 2 bottles of Liz Earle Mens gel left, which I shall leave wrapped up in their nice LE tissue paper and use in the event of an unexpected need for thank you presents for as yet unknown males (I live in hope).

I have puchased *gulp* high street products this weekend and will begin my new regime as from tomorrow.

I may need your support at this difficult time.

Thank you.

Good choice Burlz - have done the same thing myself. I love Philosophy but have put it to one side recently and enjoyed some Original Source Mint and Tea Tree SG instead :eek:

Am no longer paying a fortune to wash stuff down the drain and if I get the shakes - Asda do a lovely Philosophy alternative for about £1 - bottles look vitually identical and I tried some of the Lemon Souffle a few weeks back. Not as luxurious as Philosophy but fine for something that just gets washed away and a fraction of the price!

I get M&S shower gel and its only £1 they do a few scents ,the aloe vera is nice :)
Like others have said it just goes down the drain lol

Good choice Burlz - have done the same thing myself. I love Philosophy but have put it to one side recently and enjoyed some Original Source Mint and Tea Tree SG instead :eek:

We are on the same page Fraggle... I have got the Original Source Basil/Euclayptus, and one of their classic Mint, as well as some Boots Coconut.

i love L'occitane, but feeling the pinch of late, i am filling empty L'occitane bottles with supermarket stuff (don't tell AY), no one has notice, not even me, tho tbh i have a stash of l'occitane hidden and for my use only
, so effectively i have cut the L'occitane use dowm by 75%.

glad i have a bathrobe with deep pockets

i agree with the washing down the plughole senerio. love l'occitane but now use only the soaps now as i find that i can indulge myself much cheaper.
wish they did rose and cherry blossom soaps in lager sizes though.

Well I think I've been brain-washed by that harridan, Alison 'The Gob' Young :11:

If I go back to high-street won't I go all crepey, dry and itchy from contact with all those cheap ingredients?

I get L'occitane Millk soap bars from their store. The large bar lasts months and so it is very economical and has nothing irritating in it - just moisturising on the skin. There were some Philosophy oto's yesterday but at £14 or whatever it is still money down the drain. My local health food shop has some good quality shower products or try TK Maxx.

This is a concept that apparently many brands are struggling with at the moment (at least according to some)

We all know that it is by no means guaranteed that 'you get what you pay for' and certainly now, more than ever in recent times, watching the pennies and not being sucked in by sales blurb is becoming increasingly important.

Trouble is that I know I can speak for myself that in the past I have been taken in by the glow that I have got from buying something new and having posh swishy bags to walk home with. I think for me it had got to the point when the pleasure was in the buying and not in the purchase itself. That shopaholic's buzz - and certainly one that shopping channels thrive on as it they are fast paced and dazzling and will do everything the presenter tells you it will (which I need it to do) and if you don't get it now, well, you will regret it.....

This article is interesting.

Have to say I have a stock pile of L'Occitane and even loads of Molton Brown 500ml sizes too. So don't need to buy for no doubt ****** years. There is a collection L'Occitane soaps in drawers too, the shea butter ones last me for ages, as I use liquid soap for handwashing usually Ecosoapia.

Bought loads of Kevin Murphy hair range at £2 each on sale so shampoo,conditioner and styling is also no doubt settled for a few years.

So that just leaves Jayne the Smashbox and Christopher Drummond.

I have decided that I am not going to buy expensive shower products any more.

I have 2 bottles of Liz Earle Mens gel left, which I shall leave wrapped up in their nice LE tissue paper and use in the event of an unexpected need for thank you presents for as yet unknown males (I live in hope).

I have puchased *gulp* high street products this weekend and will begin my new regime as from tomorrow.

I may need your support at this difficult time.

Thank you.

Good luck. I'm still stockpiled of some Molton Brown otherwise I would be doing the same. Although I remember reading somewhere that some branches of Morrisons have a range that looks and smells like MB.

What excellent taste Donna :)

I am just reviewing the new Smashbox Limitless Lipgloss and it is fantastic - will post details when I am done. Never have I thought a product so much better than an original. I am not a lipgloss officianardo, so it may be there are other brands that have this too. I also know I am incredibly luck to get to try these products without paying for them.

Anyway - see what Google searches are telling us - more luxury searches could just be aspirational though?

Personally, I always thought you could not beat a bar of carbolic soap. You know, the stuff that knocked the germs out by its' smell :32:

Personally, I always thought you could not beat a bar of carbolic soap. You know, the stuff that knocked the germs out by its' smell :32:
My dear old Nan swore by the stuff !, and she had the smoothest softest skin I have ever seen :11:, that combined with coal tar shampoo, I will never forget the smell and always think of her when I smell anything similar ..

Good luck. I'm still stockpiled of some Molton Brown otherwise I would be doing the same. Although I remember reading somewhere that some branches of Morrisons have a range that looks and smells like MB.

I think Bayliss and Harding have a similar range as well.

It took DD & myself about 2.5 years to work through the stockpile of the body washes from QVCland, still got a couple of bath use products left.

I started looking at ingredients products being sold & realised then presenters were highlighting the 'natural' as opposed to 'all ingredients', also just because something is billed as 'natural' doesn't automatically make it 'good'.

Trying to find a soap for DH that wasn't drying or irritating for him was difficult as the 'moisturising' Shea Butter by L'Occitane soap does nothing but dry his skin out, LE skin wash made his skin red etc, etc. I put much of the irritation down to 'natural' Essentail Oils being used in many of these types of 'natural' products.

Managed to locate Savon de Marseille-72% olive oil based, which has greatly improved his skin (he chooses the one without added Essential Oils\ herbs).

We don't buy the Palm Oil one because of the possible threat to Oratangs habitat

http://www.moosie.co.uk/soaps/savdemars.asp

My skin is happy with a.n. other from the Supermarket-any recognisable name at a £1.00 for 200mls + will suit me. So long as I am clean and do not have sore skin I am happy. Can't believe I bought into the hype for so long.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back