Emu-fest......at Birchwood.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
Loads of them - stinger low, stinger hi and a couple of other styles (Melba?), oh and some slippers, various colours etc, all on special offer. £29.99. Yes - twenty nine pounds, and ninety nine pence.
Makes the full prices they charge look a bit extortionate doesn't it.

Loads of them - stinger low, stinger hi and a couple of other styles (Melba?), oh and some slippers, various colours etc, all on special offer. £29.99. Yes - twenty nine pounds, and ninety nine pence.

I really wish I lived nearer to Birchwood.

I would not buy Emus from QVC as their prices are amongst the highest around for the brand. I like them (have three pairs and prefer the styles to Uggs) but all were bought from Amazon or a local shop which is not known for being cheap but they were cheaper than QVC even before they were in the sale earlier this year when I bought them.

I don't live far from birchwood - well, I wouldn't if I could drive. But I really wish I could get there more easily.....and had more money :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they STILL make a profit.

they are in my local T K max too, down to £50, was quite tempted but still have to budget for festive food and drink so it was a "no" from me. Made me think about the profit that must be made on them as there will still be money to be made for T K M even at this price so Q mist coin it in especially with the p and p

And they STILL make a profit.
Who actually stands the cost for items that are returned, which is what a lot of these will probably be, is it QVC or the supplier? They might not be making a profit charging £29.99 but selling them at this reduced price is better than being stuck with a load of returned goods.

Blimey! A few years ago I was in NZ and I saw Emu boots in the airport shops for about £50 a pair and I thought that was really cheap. £29.99 I definitely might have bought some - you could probably sell them on fleabay for twice that. Just goes to show how people will pay anything if they think they're "trendy" or are talked into it, as on QVC.

CC

I wish I lived near one. It would be good if they opened a shop on e bay for those of us that live too far away. Liz Earle has one, Ideal World used to , don't know if they still do.

I bought my first ones for £40 on my then Choice Catalogue...and we all know how overpriced catalogues are.....really disgusting if they're so cheap to make and selling so high....

Seen Emus in my local TK Maxx for £37 reduced down from £49. They're the Mini style ones, ankle highs. Horrible "Berry" shade though - a light purple colour. Saw some calf-length ones in chocolate for £59.99 but will check back next week to see if they've been reduced. If they go down to £37 I might buy them.

When I was last at Birchwood there were lots of Emu Boots at £29-99 . However most had been worn as was evident when checking the outer soles . They must have nearly all been returns .
I do love my Emus , both boots and slippers but wouldn't pay full price for them . I suppose easipay makes it more manageable , but the money still has to be paid !

It seems that I'm getting over my QVC addiction at last .

You were lucky to make it out in one piece before the e-bayers caused a stampede to get to them...

Latest posts

Back