Emma Hardie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just Beauty Direct

For all your beauty needs
Had tried her products courtesy of Space NK and the CEW demos. I do really rate them.
But not seen her actual demos on QVC. I think she one of the most refreshing guests I have seen. She clearly has created this range herself. And she comes across as totally herself. Really fun to watch. I can imagine she would be great to hit the wine bar with for an evening.

The coloured lip balm demo was awful though...stringy-looking gloopy gloss! But I agree she's come across as being herself, occasionally a little mad, but in a good way. I didn't like the Moringa balm (not a patch on Eve Lom) but the eye serum seems good.

Jude xx

I am not a fan of her shows, I think the demos look really rough!

Thanks Sazza.
I missed her doing any facials. I only saw from the night cream on. I know Sarah Chapman uses pinching techniques on the skin. Do you mean that kind of rough or rough abrasive!

The pinching SC does looks gentler than the massage/rubbing EH and her therapists does, the models always look so uncomfy, maybe they aren't but it looks it!!

Thanks Sazza.
I missed her doing any facials. I only saw from the night cream on. I know Sarah Chapman uses pinching techniques on the skin. Do you mean that kind of rough or rough abrasive!

One tip she does give is to work the balm/ cream whatever up and down or side to side and NOT in circular movements. I remembered reading that before somewhere when she mentioned it and I do that straight line thingy now.
I was also once told work up when using skincare and down when using foundation etc.

One tip she does give is to work the balm/ cream whatever up and down or side to side and NOT in circular movements. I remembered reading that before somewhere when she mentioned it and I do that straight line thingy now.
I was also once told work up when using skincare and down when using foundation etc.

Does the straight line thingy make any difference to your skin? Not the theoretical EH answer,but in your experience min

Does the straight line thingy make any difference to your skin? Not the theoretical EH answer,but in your experience min

I don't know, I'm still working on it lol
It does make sense to me though. All that round & round stuff seems to pull the skin more.
I've been wracking the few brain cells left to remember who told me that. I remember the sales lady in Boots, but not the Cosmetic house she represented.
The product she was telling me how to use - up & down - was peach (& oatmeal) washing grains. Maybe Dorothy Gray or ......?

I've just been having a wander down cosmetics memory lane
http://hair-and-makeup-artist.com/period-hair-makeup/womens-1960s-makeup/

My mother told me all about it

Thanks mim. i was just going to say i was still a little one in the 60''s and then i read your last remark.
Everytime i ask my mum about the swinging sixties, i get the same reply."I was too busy changing your nappies to notice what was going on"

She does seem to whack the models about a bit I must admit ... I think she's just rather heavy handed.
She was hillarious in the early days of the range with Alison ... they'd openly get quite cross with each other :grin:

She did my facial at the beauty bash. She was not at all rough, gave me advice that worked in just 4 days! I had developed eczema just on my forehead, since using the moisture mask in the last TSV. She told me not to use it anymore, just in case- and that it's going to be reformulated anyway. As I had not used it for 2 weeks she said it may be stress related. She said just to put the moringa balm on my forehead for a bit. After 4 days the eczema is completely gone.

She did my facial at the beauty bash. She was not at all rough, gave me advice that worked in just 4 days! I had developed eczema just on my forehead, since using the moisture mask in the last TSV. She told me not to use it anymore, just in case- and that it's going to be reformulated anyway. As I had not used it for 2 weeks she said it may be stress related. She said just to put the moringa balm on my forehead for a bit. After 4 days the eczema is completely gone.
So was she saying that the balm will sort eczema WG and could you use it elsewhere on the body?

No, she wasn't saying that. I had told her that I had been using her products (including the balm) for a whole year without problems, but suddenly when I tried the mask I got this eczema like rash on my forehead. She said to eliminate other creams etc and use the balm only. For my skin, she was right.

I like the way she told you that the moisture mask is going to be formulated, so were EH getting rid of it by sticking it in the Tsv? Having said that I bought the Tsv and like all of it and as an eczema sufferer myself i was wary of using it all but gave it a try as I like the Moringa balm so much,

I like the way she told you that the moisture mask is going to be formulated, so were EH getting rid of it by sticking it in the Tsv? Having said that I bought the Tsv and like all of it and as an eczema sufferer myself i was wary of using it all but gave it a try as I like the Moringa balm so much,

Unsure. I just remember the lacklustre shows on TSV day, Emma only did 2 or 3 shows but AY was sick. It was hardly the launch of the century for a new product!

My skin loves the balm, the face wash, the serum, the eye serum (a rice-grain amount) and am/pm cream though. I like the night cream too, but it's pricey and you only need such a tiny bit as it os so rich.

Thanks for that sixties make up link Minim, lots of memories there. I used to love Yardley make up, it was a really good brand with lovely perfumes too. Pity it went the way of lots of other great quality brands.
Makes me wonder how many of todays brands will still be around in years to come.

Thanks for that sixties make up link Minim, lots of memories there. I used to love Yardley make up, it was a really good brand with lovely perfumes too. Pity it went the way of lots of other great quality brands.
Makes me wonder how many of todays brands will still be around in years to come.

It seems that they are all merged these days.
I loved Mary Quant's foundation 'Starkers' & I remember Max Factor launching an all in one foundation - powder in!
Max Factor used to do skincare back in the day too.
Revlon Moon drops was fab too. Their dry skin toner ..... I loved it!

My all time favourite though was a face wash called 'Happy Face'.
1039aj5.jpg

And then they took it away from me .....

the moringa balm was my first order with qvc for 6months good going i think lol. and i am a convert i suffer with mild roseacha on my cheeks and slight brackouts and within days i could not believe the diffrence it made even my other half noticed. i use it under my moisturiser to whick i fiond take my moisturiser to another level .

Latest posts

Back