Elemis TSV 09/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I use Garnier Micellar water and, like Cashers, find it really good. I have tried the Elemis micellar water but, for some reason, it made my skin feel sticky,

I was given to try their Micellar Water, no full size of course. I dislike Micellar Water anyway, as Caroline Hirons says, only good for a quick wipe in the evening if you cannot cleanse properly or to freshen your face. Anyway, I had to stop using due to my skin having a slight reaction to it. Their's has rose in it, which might have been the cause for me.

Dont get me wrong good quality water based items are really essential for hydration which has become an "appropriate" buzz word in skincare. As I have become older I really appreciate it. But there will always be a need for oils and richer face cream as we get older. A rich creamy cleanser/balm/lotion are essential as we age or if your skin is very dry. Micellar may work to remove initial make up then I would go in with something richer anyway.

Cleansing Micellar Water (200ml) - £26 cost £10.36
Pro-Collagen Marine Moisture Essence (100ml) - £60 cost £23.91
Pro-Collagen Marine Cream (showing as 50ml) - £87 cost £34.66

Total £173 cost £68.93 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for prices given.

I enjoy micellar water but am happy with ones from the DHS, although the Elemis one is lovely. Not sure what a moisture essence is about. Is it just a spritz? Not for me anyway.

Moisture essence is a Japanese idea. After you cleanse and tone, you apply and then add your serums and moisturizer.

I was given a set from a brand called Fresh from SpaceNK to try before launch. No, idea why, just an email asking if I wanted to try? Yes. It included a moisturizing essence. I had to ask what it was and how to use, as I thought it was a toner? It was pleasant to use, but for me, just an extra step I could do without.

I do like micellar water as a first cleanse but then I like a balm or a milky cleanser to follow. I love cleansing my skin, getting make-up off feels so good for me. I don't wear excessive make-up but I need a bit at work. These patients are very sick and I don't want any extra trauma at the sight of my naked mug!

I found on my skin chemistry, the Elemis one had an offensive smell after use, sort of a mouldy, milldew twang about it. The same is true for me of the Garnier and both went down the loo, such a waste of money. I adore the L'Occitane cucumber and thyme micellar and no nasty whiff after using!

I always use Simple micellar to remove make up, and then a proper cleanse with a balm afterwards.
It is effective and always on offer somewhere.
I wouldn't use a micellar on it's own though, I like to use something that requires warm water and a cloth to feel really clean and fresh.

Moisture essence is a Japanese idea. After you cleanse and tone, you apply and then add your serums and moisturizer.

I was given a set from a brand called Fresh from SpaceNK to try before launch. No, idea why, just an email asking if I wanted to try? Yes. It included a moisturizing essence. I had to ask what it was and how to use, as I thought it was a toner? It was pleasant to use, but for me, just an extra step I could do without.
Love Essences and oddly enough most of my life I have not been a toner person. The water in these products are really good at hydration. For me something that used to be a waste of money and time are now essentials. For me anyway. They help even the cheapest or most expensive moisturisers last a long time and give a lovely plumpness you don't get from moisturisers alone. Not sure if I would pay silly prices as Garnier and Body shop do fab quality toners and essences for a small price.

Latest posts

Back