Elemis Old Stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That was me with the tan accelerator, it was manufactured in January 2021 and I bought it in May 2023......

From Elemis direct.....
Ah yes! I knew someone had an issue

Well, that is not what Flinty and AY always pushed stock up what the advice as the price is so good.
Someone has posted a very good response to Keeley pointing out exactly that….

We are far too good at putting up with

Keeley has posted a reply on her Facebook….

Essentially stating Elemis would never sell old stock, and the shelf life is always minimum of 12 months maximum 3 years. That QVC prices are due to amount they buy 🙄 and she would not advise stockpiling for years as your skin changes.
This what she always says now, I think since the big date saga of the TSV in February this year.

Oh I ordered 250800

Elemis Pro-Collagen Definition Night Cream 30ml Trio​

on 27th November with delivery w/c 18th December. I am a bit worried now that this will be old stock and, bearing in mind its night cream, it will take a while to use up 90 ml so is this likely to go out of date before I finish it. It was only £70 which I thought was a bargain but am beginning to wonder now reading your comments

Oh I ordered 250800

Elemis Pro-Collagen Definition Night Cream 30ml Trio​

on 27th November with delivery w/c 18th December. I am a bit worried now that this will be old stock and, bearing in mind its night cream, it will take a while to use up 90 ml so is this likely to go out of date before I finish it. It was only £70 which I thought was a bargain but am beginning to wonder now reading your comments
It will probably be fine, especially if you are going to use it now. Going forward, I think the best thing is to not stockpile unless you know you will use it within a year…

Oh, boy. I remember the days on here when a good beauty deal came up TSV Elemis, Decleor, Gatineau, L'Occitane, Aveda and Molton Brown. Yes, we went nuts buying 2, 3 or even 4 sets without a thought. Or even turning up on Clearance. There was a brand (sorry forget name now), beauty, and it was unsold in Clearance for so long we thought it should have started school it was so old. And yes, QVC still kept it in Clearance.

Okay, we are going back to when QVC originally sold Molton Brown brilliant sets and amazing compared to now prices. One of my friends bought the last TSV before they left QVC. Move forward months, and we were up at the local MB shop. Chatting to the SA and friend mentioned QVC and how she missed MB then the TSV. Asked what was in it, so listed what was in it, then the SA said one had been discontinued and would be out of date and throw it away!!!! Now, I had also bought the TSV. 🫣

I am going to sound terrible but I just use my stash as and when it happens. I am using a L'occitane TSV thats at least three maybe four years old. Its an Imortelle set. Forgotten it tbh plus I am not a great lover of Retinol how it dries out my skin. Its the full monty. Cleansing balm, reset serum, eye cream, oil and moisturiser.Will not waste it and its ok.

I am going to sound terrible but I just use my stash as and when it happens. I am using a L'occitane TSV thats at least three maybe four years old. Its an Imortelle set. Forgotten it tbh plus I am not a great lover of Retinol how it dries out my skin. Its the full monty. Cleansing balm, reset serum, eye cream, oil and moisturiser.Will not waste it and its ok.
Me too, I often find things I'd forgotten about. Until I came on here I would never even have thought about dates, apart from sun cream. I'm sure the vast majority of people never even think about questioning production dates. I certainly have some make up items that are 20 years old, mainly lipsticks, and if they haven't dried out I will often start using them again.

I still have a Rimmel eyebrow pencil, which belonged to my mom. Mom died in 1989, so live had it quite a while! A lot of my make up is quite old, I find powder eye shadows and pencils last for ever, and I’ve never seen any reason to throw them out. I don’t use foundation, so don’t know if this would stand the test of time, but I still use old blushers, especially if they are powder.

I admit, I just go by the texture and smell of a product. Yes, I buy when deals are on not just QVC, and it might 18 months before I get around to using a particular product. Never had a reaction so far, and my skin will throw a hissy fit at all sorts. I am another who cannot use AHA's, retinols etc.

Nonsense, that's not terrible at all. I use up all my things eventually and some are years old. Do shower gels go off? None of mine seem to have and unless it smells iffy or it irritates my skin or has obviously separated or gone too thick then I use it. I have been true to my word on here and resisted TSV/offers that I previously would have gone for and now I'm down to the odd hand wash from MB and a couple of Elemis and LE items - compared to a whole cupboard full of products I had before. Saved a lot of money.

CC

I think we are a sensible lot on here!
Use by dates and expiry dates are often used as a sales ploy to get us to waste more and but more.
Sensible approach is to use our senses and common sense.
Eyes: is it grainy-looking, split, mouldy, changed colour?
Nose: is it rancid or otherwise stinky?
Touch: how does it feel?
If it seems ok, then a patch test... behind the ear on the neck is good... if being more cautious try inside arm first before neck. Wait 24 hours in each case.
If not happy to use on your face, use it on the body.
Accept that some actives in the product may be less potent.
Bottom line is if you have stored it correctly (cool, dark, dry space), and you use it up once opened you should be able to get good use out of older skincare in your stash.

That doesn't absolve brands of a responsibility to not offload soon-expiring product on Q where they promote stash-building... nor Q from exhorting customers to bulk buy.

In those situations the brands and Q are treating their Q customers as fools. Why pay closer to full retail for products TK Maxx would discount heavily?

There is talk of food retailers moving away from yellow stickers for soon-expiring food to pricing according to expiry date. Maybe beauty products could go the same way?

All The Keeley fans are out in force after her post……
Nonsense, that's not terrible at all. I use up all my things eventually and some are years old. Do shower gels go off? None of mine seem to have and unless it smells iffy or it irritates my skin or has obviously separated or gone too thick then I use it. I have been true to my word on here and resisted TSV/offers that I previously would have gone for and now I'm down to the odd hand wash from MB and a couple of Elemis and LE items - compared to a whole cupboard full of products I had before. Saved a lot of money.

CC
I do think a bit of common sense is needed….. you wouldn’t look for an expiry date on a bar of soap, so to me, shower gels and hand washes are going to be fine stashed away.

What I object to is the lack of transparency from the brand ambassador. Having been urged to stock up at this price as you have 3 years from manufacture…only to discover that in a lot of cases there will only be 1 year.

Having said that…. I bought a 100ml jar of PCMC from Elemis direct this time ladt year at 30% off…. And it’s still in the cupboard. And this year they have a sale too…..

Going forward, i still have a cupboard full that I need to use and not replace…. I have found the new LE night cream really suits my skin and I quite like their hydrating serum….both a lot cheaper than Elemis and always on sale somewhere…. I also have to try that boots collagen cream. And I will only buy TSV’s or big deals if I know I can use it within a year….

I don’t have a stockpile. I have one in hand. Only buy a tsv if present or something I need. When I visit hairdresser once every five weeks, I nip into Superdrug to get what I need. Some BA put me off because they have had fillers, Botox or they still have skin issues so products not working as well as they claim. However I do love a face oil and miss the decleor balms and oils. I am 60 next year and someone last week told me I look at least ten years younger.
The brands on QVC are a special treat for me, not day to day. I like SBC but Nivea body option with oil is fantastic for me for a quarter of the price.

Latest posts

Back