Elemis more lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My solution to presenters I'm not keen on is simple. I switch them off. I happen to find keeley and AY very watchable and entertaining. If I believed everything all the qvc presenters said I'd end up up to my eyes in debt with an overflowing house, garage and shed full of packages. They're all there to persuade us to part with our cash. At least we have the option of sending the stuff back when we come to our senses.

I can accept exuberance about a product when it is being demonstrated for sales but lies are not acceptable. If a biscuit company sales person was on QVC and said that there are no nuts in our biccies but in fact there are nuts in them, I think we would all feel that would be wrong. It is silly to say no chemicals when of course there are chemicals in all things. I like Keeley but any sales people on QVC should be able to push the goods without spouting porky pies.

Inge :eek:)

I think it all goes back to the war raging about natural vs synthetic in cosmetics.

We are bombarded by chemicals are evil, the other lot are natural ingredients are dangerous. So depending on the brand they are like Moses coming down the mountain, they have the 10 commandments according to the brand.

Hell even Paula Begoun(sp) who hates all natural ingredients as suddenly now brought out her own natural range!!!! Oh yes I got the email advertising it.

Keeley, I do get bored hearing the same old same old on each show. I can have her on whilst I am on the laptop and its just a noise in the background. Others take every word as beginning and end all. There are other brands same thing, you go on their facebook pages to really find out how intense the cult of the personality really is. The normal Elemis page is very different, all about new products,events and offers etc. I told this before, the manager at my local Elemis counter once told me, a customer who followed Keeley on facebook came in to buy. She had a rather long complicated list of products she wanted to look at. All recommended by Keeley after asking on her page. Manager asked a few questions and then told her, well keep it simple and recommended 3 or 4 products to be used. Customer thought about it and then decided to go back to Keeley and get her opinion on the simpler routine.

My solution to presenters I'm not keen on is simple. I switch them off. I happen to find keeley and AY very watchable and entertaining. If I believed everything all the qvc presenters said I'd end up up to my eyes in debt with an overflowing house, garage and shed full of packages. They're all there to persuade us to part with our cash. At least we have the option of sending the stuff back when we come to our senses.

Couldn't agree more, I like KA & AY too but, there are some I don't like and I sure wouldn't sit there waiting for them to say something not true because I disliked them so much just waiting for them to trip up! I have far more important things to do :nod:

I love Elemis and if my heart ruled my wallet I'd use loads if their products but I've really pulled myself up on all the wallop I've been buying and I've made myself stick to the basics and use only the products that I think are the best. And by the best I mean value as well as quality. So now I use a £2.99 body lotion and not Elemis Milk Bath.

As for Keeley, she doesn't particularly influence my decisions on whether to buy or not buy. I know she's there to flog me stuff and I'm able to make a choice. I agree with BB though, she shouldn't be giving out false information. Even though I think I get what she means (ie no nasties) it's not what she apparently said.

Heading swiftly towards the big 50 I quite like a bit of chemical intervention. I used to be natural all the way. Now I feel a bit of pickling in chemicals might be the way forward :eek:)

Remember the story about the King's "invisible" clothes? That story was just like QVC's story about the Zilo getting rid of smells! I have 2 of them, and have done lots of scientific experiments on them, they do nothing.

Perhaps that's why QVC no longer sell them?

Latest posts

Back