Elemis more lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But that's just plain misleading. It's got ****** benzyl alcohol in it for gods sake. Look, I don't expect bubble bath to be made and sold in the way Elemis does it without the use of preservatives and some chemicals. Most people are the same and would agree. So why is it necessary to say on air "it has no chemicals in it". It's just lying for effect and she should be stopped from doing it. As everyone else who does it should be.

On the QVC Facebook page someone has posted that she said we need to take care of our skin because compared to our grandmothers we have longer working hours, more pollution to deal with and more psychological stress. Did she actually say this? Surely she doesn't think we have a hard time compared to women who lived through the war not knowing if their husbands would come back alive, managing without automatic washing machines, tumble dryers, microwaves etc and as for pollution I don't think we get smog like in the old days. If she was misquoted on Facebook then I apologise.

Yes she did say that.Her prattling is getting on my nerves today so not watching anymore today.

The word chemicals seems to be used quite loosely. I think the Revitalash guest said that it doesn't contain chemicals just peptides, which are apparently shorter chains of amino acids whilst longer chains are proteins. However if these peptides are produced in a chemical process then aren't they chemicals?

The Ultrasun woman said that it contains "protective enzymes", what are they? I thought an enzyme speeds up a chemical reaction so I cannot really get my head round the idea of a protective enzyme. Maybe somebody here can enlighten me.

I don't think guests or presenters should make claims like this unless they are absolutely sure of their accuracy.

KA just dosen't learn does she ? Sets herself up all the time. Not bothering with the Elemis hours because of the crap she spouts.:mysmilie_503:

KA just dosen't learn does she ? Sets herself up all the time. Not bothering with the Elemis hours because of the crap she spouts.:mysmilie_503:

I no longer watch the Elemis shows that KA present, it's the same rigmarole over and over again in parrot fashion...

I didn't hear Keeley but I think a lot of the time peeps flogging this stuff actually don't know what's a chemical and what isn't. They seem to think if it isn't a nasty, it isn't a chemical.

Everything, whether manmade or occurring in nature has a "chemical" composition. Even water is H2O, sulphuric acid is H2SO4, Salt is whatever the chemical symbol is for Calcium Carbonate. Aloe Vera will have a chemical composition too. The what they really mean is that with some ingredients they are as nature made them and then mixed together, and with others man has mixed it all up and created the base ingredients artificially. So as far as allergies are concerned, although some ingredients are more likely to cause adverse reactions, in theory there is no reason to be adverse to synthetic over nature. Lanolin comes from sheep wool, I can't use it. I can't use AHA's either. But I choose to use mainly naturally derived products like L'Occitane, Emma Hardie ir Liz Earle because to me they are very pleasant to use, and my skin likes them. But they contain chemicals just like everything else!

Salt is sodium chloride, talc is calcium carbonate... Doh!!!! Long time since school chemistry...but you get my drift! Lol

I didn't hear Keeley but I think a lot of the time peeps flogging this stuff actually don't know what's a chemical and what isn't. They seem to think if it isn't a nasty, it isn't a chemical.
I agree, I think they tend to use the word chemical when they actually mean what we might call a "nasty". I wonder if they would class a synthetically produced vitamin as a chemical but wouldn't class a naturally sourced one as a chemical.

I just think she goes onto auto-pilot once she is on air, and she doesn't realise what a load of utter carp comes out of her mouth. I've stopped watching her too:sleepy:

It's time we had a new Elemis guest,it is a good brand but listening to her repetetive spiel is boring.

I'm not an Elemis fan ~ I've only bought a couple of times (gone for the tsv though) but I enjoy the shows and I like Keeley's presentations a lot. She comes across as loving her work and seems to know her stuff as well as most of the presenters and often more so. Ok sometimes she may flannel it out ~ don't they all?, but let's face it, we're talking face creams and body stuff not molecular bio science. If the presenters stuck to the bare facts of the gloop they're flogging Qvc would be on for about an hour a day! If we're that bothered about the 'ingreedjunts' of our slap then it's easy enough to find out exactly what's in them.
I'm uncomfortable with the Keeley bashing that's been going on and just wanted to say I like her and I think she's sweet!

I'm not an Elemis fan ~ I've only bought a couple of times (gone for the tsv though) but I enjoy the shows and I like Keeley's presentations a lot. She comes across as loving her work and seems to know her stuff as well as most of the presenters and often more so. Ok sometimes she may flannel it out ~ don't they all?, but let's face it, we're talking face creams and body stuff not molecular bio science. If the presenters stuck to the bare facts of the gloop they're flogging Qvc would be on for about an hour a day! If we're that bothered about the 'ingreedjunts' of our slap then it's easy enough to find out exactly what's in them.
I'm uncomfortable with the Keeley bashing that's been going on and just wanted to say I like her and I think she's sweet!

I'm sure she is a nice person, good wife and mother etc. but she lies. Sorry.

I'm sure she is a nice person, good wife and mother etc. but she lies. Sorry.

I don't think she lies any more than any of them do. They all embellish the truth to the max. Keeley lets her enthusiasm run away with her from time to time and drops a clanger. I'm not saying that's right, but we all take shopping telly product descriptions with a wee pinch of salt....don't we?...

...........The Ultrasun woman said that it contains "protective enzymes", what are they? I thought an enzyme speeds up a chemical reaction so I cannot really get my head round the idea of a protective enzyme. Maybe somebody here can enlighten me.

I don't think guests or presenters should make claims like this unless they are absolutely sure of their accuracy.

I assume that she is talking about the "speeded-up" production of melanin which is perceived to provide protection against the sun. It is actually the first stage of skin damage (so I understand).

The problem is 'we' probably all don't! Is as much as there are plenty of savvy shoppers out there who have access to infromation beyond the guff that Keeley spouts there are equally as many who don't and so who rely on presenters and guests for their information. So when any of them start off on a fantasy speil about ingreeeejunts and lack of nasty chemicals etc there are those of us that internally (or sometimes shouting at the telly) go 'yeah right' but as many again who may be taken in by it. I imagine QVC relies quite heavily on 'blind' shoppers who follow certain brands or presenters without question (just look at the angels on the QVC FB page for a start!) and who don't have access to or think to do further research. So I truly think they should be as honest and fair as being on shopping telly allows. Obviously their job is to flog stuff but some of the presenters and guests really push it and as has been pointed out on here many a time, blatantly lie thinking that they'll get away with it or no-one will check. AY and KA just happen to be two of the worst offenders...

Latest posts

Back