elemis - in Superdrug

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I throw my toys out of the QVC pram and go back to Clinique, I always used to buy the 3 step and get the no 2 toner. You could smell the alcohol when the bottle was opened!! I don't mind the moisturiser or cleanser and the no 1 toner is ok as it isn't as potent as the no 2!!!!! I bought huge 400ml and 200ml bottles of the 3 step last year from their website, but can't see any this year.

When I throw my toys out of the QVC pram and go back to Clinique, I always used to buy the 3 step and get the no 2 toner. You could smell the alcohol when the bottle was opened!! I don't mind the moisturiser or cleanser and the no 1 toner is ok as it isn't as potent as the no 2!!!!! I bought huge 400ml and 200ml bottles of the 3 step last year from their website, but can't see any this year.
Scary stuff NP! I think I'll just stick to Elemis & Linda Lusardi's range :nod:

I've never heard of the 2nd one NP, do they sell it in department stores on online only?

My local healthfood store stock Dr. Hauschka. I'd like to try this range but got my stock to use up first!

I only tried clinique once more years ago than I care to remember, and thought no 2 toner smelled like paint stripper

I used to love Anne French Deep Cleansing Milk. It was so easy to use and the proof of how deeply it cleansed was on the cotton wool.
Then I read that one of the ingredients is formaldehyde.....:eek:

if some of the products in the fresh skin rane are very similer to there prestige range of elemis it would not suprise me . lets put it this way one of my clients who works for loreal was telling me andout how one of there lancome serums is £120 but they have a serum in there normal loreal range that is around £20 that actually has the more expensive ingredients in it oh the things he has told me about them and all there diffrent product ranges ;p

if some of the products in the fresh skin rane are very similer to there prestige range of elemis it would not suprise me . lets put it this way one of my clients who works for loreal was telling me andout how one of there lancome serums is £120 but they have a serum in there normal loreal range that is around £20 that actually has the more expensive ingredients in it oh the things he has told me about them and all there diffrent product ranges ;p

Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate 30ml £56.00 (Boots)

Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Hydoxyethylpiperazine, Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethenol, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sequistrate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicycloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacrylinethyltauranide/Ammonium Polyacrylolydimethytaurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Octydodecanol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Fragrance

L'Oréal Paris (sister company Lancome) Youth Code Serum 30ml £17.01 (Boots)

Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Adenosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Octyldodecanol, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Fragrance

Dr. Hauschka is a lovely range. Lancome release the products first at a high cost, because they do the research etc and have to pay for that. Then about a year later when something new comes out, the rename and put into the L'Oreal brand. Or sometimes the ingredients are not exactly the same.

There is a new Lancome foundation coming out next month, which has their wonder serum Vis something in it as well.

I`m currently testing the new Lancome foundation which is due out next month. It will retail at around £39. The testing panel have been sent a full sized bottle and for a month we havent to use any other foundation and we fill in weekly questionaires. So far I don`t particularly like the smell of it as it comes out of the pump but the smell fades as you apply it. The texture is smooth but not runny and one pump does the whole face so its very economical. There`s a concealer inside a flip top lid which is colour matched to the foundation so you get a perfect match between concealer and foundation, the texture of the concealer I find is rather hard. As for skin benefits, well I can honestly say I haven`t seen much difference, no better, no worse. Whether that would be different after longer term use I don`t know. The foundation hasn`t irritated my skin which is a big plus point to me because I have sensitive skin and the coverage is good without being heavy. All in all its quite good but the jury is still out as to whether I`d pay £39 for another bottle.

:clapping::clapping:Teenager daughter uses the Elemis freshskin range in particular the lovely facewashes ( which i 'borrow' on occasion.
And whilst trawling tinterweb for decent price I came across the range in Superdrug..... Wait for it........ On promotion......... Wait for it.......... 3 for 2 ...... With free p&p!!!!!
Beat that QVC!

Oooh I'm in Bluweater in the next few days, must take a look at the offer, need to have a gander at the ingredients anway :nod:

:clapping::clapping:Teenager daughter uses the Elemis freshskin range in particular the lovely facewashes ( which i 'borrow' on occasion.
And whilst trawling tinterweb for decent price I came across the range in Superdrug..... Wait for it........ On promotion......... Wait for it.......... 3 for 2 ...... With free p&p!!!!!
Beat that QVC!

I had a look ladies & gents today as they had the range in Superdrug in Bluewater. TBH for the prices they were charging, (no offers on in the shop), there wasn't much difference to when we buy a good value package on Q. Facewash was £17.99, (100ml) & moisturiser was £21.99 for 50 ml. They had 2 ranges, one for clearskin, seems to be for break outs or preventing them in navy & white packaging, the other was freshskin, more moisturising I suspect in fucha & white packaging. The ingredients looked good, actives were liposomes, geranium & lavender. Have a look on the web for any offers is my suggestion or see if they do an offer in your local store. If not, seems little point in changing for the sake of a couple of quid.

Last edited:
I forgot to look for it when I went in today Nikki so thanks for that - ours is only a very small branch tho so probably not carrying it.

Latest posts

Back