elemis - in Superdrug

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mediastar

Registered Shopper
I was trolling round my nearest city branch of Superdrug the other day and I thought I was seeing things but no, there on a special shelf space was a whole area devoted to a series of elemis skin care ranges, each devoted to a specific skin type from what I could see.

http://www.superdrug.com/elemis/page/elemis/

Oooh I'll have a look at the prices ta Mediastar! Ok I may not be a spring chicken but there may be something worth having if the price is right, make up wipes for example. I can see why Q refuse to sell it as members of their audience that are 20 somethings must be thin on the ground lol.

Oooh I'll have a look at the prices ta Mediastar! Ok I may not be a spring chicken but there may be something worth having if the price is right, make up wipes for example. I can see why Q refuse to sell it as members of their audience that are 20 somethings must be thin on the ground lol.

Q probably don't stock it because the viewers might realise there's probably virtually no difference between this and the "premium range". I don't know but just a thought.

lol indeed Nikki! But if you find something and it makes you look 10 years younger do share won't you!

Q probably don't stock it because the viewers might realise there's probably virtually no difference between this and the "premium range". I don't know but just a thought.

you might be onto something there LEL!

Very good point LEL! Makes you wonder eh! I think I may do the "use the back of the hand thing" to see how it feels when I'm next in a superdrug that sells it. May explain why the sales of the almost eternal TSV weren't so high this year either if Donna said they've had it for ages in superdrug, interesting! x

Very good point LEL! Makes you wonder eh! I think I may do the "use the back of the hand thing" to see how it feels when I'm next in a superdrug that sells it. May explain why the sales of the almost eternal TSV weren't so high this year either if Donna said they've had it for ages in superdrug, interesting! x

My thinking behind it is that we assume teenage/ younger people aren't their target demographic, so that would probably be the excuse for not stocking it. BUT they often talk about buy this for your daughter blah blah, so why wouldn't they stock it and tap into that market. my cynical brain says its because its all basically the same but in different packaging with a different name.

Well if this description is anything to go buy for the serum ... sounds like the stuff & the target areas of there overpriced qvc snakeoil to me

Goodnight Problem Skin!
Powerful skin decongesting treatment that works whilst you sleep to reduce blemishes. Tightens pores and improves skin clarity, reducing swelling and redness around troublesome spots.
Gently smooth’s and exfoliates, to reveal radiant glowing skin. Powerful anti-oxidant properties to aid skin repair.

My thinking behind it is that we assume teenage/ younger people aren't their target demographic, so that would probably be the excuse for not stocking it. BUT they often talk about buy this for your daughter blah blah, so why wouldn't they stock it and tap into that market. my cynical brain says its because its all basically the same but in different packaging with a different name.

& probably a different price tag too lol!

I always used to buy my Elemis from Essential Pharmacy in Covent Garden because it was far cheaper than elsewhere, but then Elemis pulled their range from them because they were undercutting everyone else. Seems odd that Elemis is going into Superdrug which isn't exactly high end; and proves that sales aren't what they were. What next, Poundstretcher ??????

I always used to buy my Elemis from Essential Pharmacy in Covent Garden because it was far cheaper than elsewhere, but then Elemis pulled their range from them because they were undercutting everyone else. Seems odd that Elemis is going into Superdrug which isn't exactly high end; and proves that sales aren't what they were. What next, Poundstretcher ??????

Poundland would be better!

It may explain why the Elemis TSV refused to shift ladies!! Some of Q's would be purchasers have since found it in Superdrug LOL! :nod:
Different target market but if it does the job eh! Sounds like the version "a la superdrug" may even have similar ingredients at least in some items.

Last edited:
It may explain why the Elemis TSV refused to shift ladies!! Some of Q's would be purchasers have since found it in Superdrug LOL! :nod:
Different target market but if it does the job eh! Sounds like the version "a la superdrug" may even have similar ingredients at least in some items.

I don't think our local branch will be big enough to carry it, will have to wait till I get into Nottm to cast an eye over it I think!

If we're really being cynical, it definitely won't be the same products in cheaper packaging. It'll be cheaper products in cheaper packaging. There's no way they'll drop their profit margin that far ... they'll change the product and keep the profit margin.

I think like that and I LIKE Elemis!

I'm sure they do it in my local Superdrug but I haven't tried it.

I don't think our local branch will be big enough to carry it, will have to wait till I get into Nottm to cast an eye over it I think!
Makes me crack up giggling Carol, we reckon that we're all pretty much informed about shopping channel products & all the time I'm imagining the masses flocking to superdrug for their Elemis whilst we've been totally unaware, scratching our heads why the TSV has been hanging around doing our heads in haha!:giggle:
I'll have a look when I'm next in Bluewater & report back, they should have it there x.

I guess it will be no differnt to when Liz earle products start appearing in the Avon book lol

Latest posts

Back