Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I also have quite sensitive skin and tried a sample of this and it made my face red.It could have been the rose extract or other natural ingredients in it.
I know a lot of people on here use elemis so they may give you more positive feedback as eveyones skin is different.
I always have odd dry patches and when i do exfoliate my skin tends to become dryer but thats just my skin so i tend to do this once a month hope this helps.

I have rosacea / sensitive skin and have used it. It was okay but didn't really feel like it was doing much. My best find for sensitive skin is the Korres Almond Meal Scrub ... SO soft but very effective. It's like a paste, and smells delicious (like marzipan). You only need a small amount to do your whole face as well.

I have rosacea / sensitive skin and have used it. It was okay but didn't really feel like it was doing much. My best find for sensitive skin is the Korres Almond Meal Scrub ... SO soft but very effective. It's like a paste, and smells delicious (like marzipan). You only need a small amount to do your whole face as well.

Your description of Korres reminds me of the one you could get from Gale Hayman, thickish paste, almondy, nice smell worked a treat.

Gentle rose exfoliator from Elemis is my favourite, the smell and texture are lovely.
Just using LE cleanse and polish is good as it does exfoliate if you use the muslin cloths.

Unfortunately it didn`t I went to the doctors the day after the swelling appeared, was a week on antibiotics and started to go down a few days after I finished them, I think my age is against me,as my eye lid skin wasn`t great to begin with! Yes thats exactly how I looked as though I`d been punched in the eye, thank goodness there was no bruising!
Its so bad I`m thinking of getting some perscription sun glasses to cover it up, I sound vain I`m not but can`t stand looking at odd eyes and I definitely won`t be able to wear eye make up, I can actually see my eye lid in my line of vision now...not a pretty sight at all!

I wondered how you were getting on? I don't mean to be nosey! I just wondered how you were and if you had found something to help your eye :1:

I wondered how you were getting on? I don't mean to be nosey! I just wondered how you were and if you had found something to help your eye :1:

Thank you for thinking of me its very kind of you, I don`t think you are being nosey at all, my own doctor is only back from holiday this week and as I`ve seen two other doctors in the practice who were less than useless as to what may have been the cause or suggest anything that could return it to normal, it has got slightly better but still is more droopy than it was and than my other eye lid, I`m not a vain person I never have been I only started wearing make up after I turned 50 and that was to cover the very red areas that my dry patches cause! But this is really getting to me as I can`t wear any eye make up now as I think it would only draw more attention to it and besides mascara would go all over my lid ...sound a right sad case don`t I?
I`ve decided to ask the doctor if anything can be done to rectify it, I can only ask can`t I? As so far no one has suggested it! I`m not a pushy person usually but I`ve hardly been out of the house because of it.
You get times don`t you when nothing seems to go right, I was getting the dogs meat out of the freezer and the lid came down on me snapping my new glasses just missing my bad eye! never had variafocals before either and they cost a small fortune and can`t be repaired! good job I haven`t been going out as they say things happen in 3`s don`t they?...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gentle Rose used to be included in Elemis kits frequently so I did try it a long time ago but didn't seem to do a thing for me. Over the years of trying many Elemis products though I have finally decided to give up on them anyway :( The new Gatineau gommage sounds like you describe but I know some people have had reactons so probably best not.

Regarding your skin it does sound like more exfoliating, whilst appearing to offer short term solution, may in fact be the cause too. Over exfoliating can cause problems particularly with sensitive skin. IMHO I would cut right back on that and treat yourself to some good old fashioned TLC.

Bear in mind that sensitivity to something else you are using could be causing it. Could be your face products but equally washing powder, fabric conditioner and even nail varnish can cause problems on the face. We could all recommend products but they may just add to your problems. How about slathering your face at night with some olive, sweet almond, or similar single oil and just giving your skin a chance to balance itself?

Anyway hope it sorts soon x

I don`t use anything on my face except LE C & P, tonic and skin repair (ran out of skin repair a while back and decided to use up the super skin and the Elemis cologen marine cream which stings for a few seconds when I apply it) I received some skin repair today so I`m hoping it helps as it has in the past, nothing stops my skin from flaking, and when I don`t exfoliate the layers seem to build up and thicken, when I was ill recently with flu /chest infection I didn`t exfoliate but just used moisturizer to keep my skin in some sort of order, I felt too ill to be bothered doing anything else but the flaking persisted despite not using an exfoliator, I`ve also used various oils none of which has had any affect. Thats why I asked about one with no gritty bits to try in case it was them that was making the redness more aggressive stimulating my skin to flake more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for thinking of me its very kind of you, I don`t think you are being nosey at all, my own doctor is only back from holiday this week and as I`ve seen two other doctors in the practice who were less than useless as to what may have been the cause or suggest anything that could return it to normal, it has got slightly better but still is more droopy than it was and than my other eye lid, I`m not a vain person I never have been I only started wearing make up after I turned 50 and that was to cover the very red areas that my dry patches cause! But this is really getting to me as I can`t wear any eye make up now as I think it would only draw more attention to it and besides mascara would go all over my lid ...sound a right sad case don`t I?
I`ve decided to ask the doctor if anything can be done to rectify it, I can only ask can`t I? As so far no one has suggested it! I`m not a pushy person usually but I`ve hardly been out of the house because of it.
You get times don`t you when nothing seems to go right, I was getting the dogs meat out of the freezer and the lid came down on me snapping my new glasses just missing my bad eye! never had variafocals before either and they cost a small fortune and can`t be repaired! good job I haven`t been going out as they say things happen in 3`s don`t they?...lol

I work with the NHS (although I'm not a nurse) but I would be saying to the people I work with, if anything is having an impact on your mental health to the point where you feel you don't want to go out - then something has to be done to help. I think you're doing the right thing by not letting it go and if they know how you feel, then they will do what they can to support you. Your own doctor will probably be much better placed because he will know you as a person! If you wanted to PM me your address, I will happily send you my trial size Rose stuff that I tried once and didn't rate that much if you think it will help and then you're not spending loads of money on something that might be no use to you. My glasses broke too the other week. The leg came off one side. They're my really old glasses that I wear in the house (have newer ones and lenses) and my son is mortified because I continue to wear them in the house where no-one will see, even though they're all lopsided on my face without a leg!!

Janine xx

I don`t use anything on my face except LE C & P, tonic and skin repair (ran out of skin repair a while back and decided to use up the super skin and the Elemis cologen marine cream which stings for a few seconds when I apply it) I received some skin repair today so I`m hoping it helps as it has in the past, nothing stops my skin from flaking, and when I don`t exfoliate the layers seem to build up and thicken, when I was ill recently with flu /chest infection I didn`t exfoliate but just used moisturizer to keep my skin in some sort of order, I felt too ill to be bothered doing anything else but the flaking persisted despite not using an exfoliator, I`ve also used various oils none of which has had any affect. Thats why I asked about one with no gritty bits to try in case it was them that was making the redness more aggressive stimulating my skin to flake more.

Really feel for you MAD. When my skin was blistering a month or so ago, I was at my wits ends as to what to do. I tried not to exfoliate but like you I got flaky bits / dull looking skin so I ended up gently exfoliating with a muslin cloth. When my skin became less sensitive / red, I moved on to the Korres Almond Meal scrub - which as I said earlier is more like a paste than a scrub. So far so good. I am prone to a lot of redness due to my rosacea (and have been told NEVER to scrub otherwise it will make it worse!) but neither the muslin cloth, not the Korres 'scrub' have excarbated the problem so I will continue to use them. Do you use the muslin cloth with your C&P?

Hope you find something that works for you soon and you start to feel better about yourself.
xx

Thanks everyone for your kindness and help....I haven`t time to respond now my daughter is taking me away for a day and an overnight stay in a nice hotel,it was booked so she didn`t give me anytime to refuse...at least no one will know me there will they with my gammy eye!
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back