Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Has anyone used this, I have a verydry ultra sensitive skin and I need to exfoliate more or less daily to free my face of the scaly patches around my nose and above my eye brows. I use LE but would prefer no gritty bits, I did buy Instant Pur by YvesSaintLaurent which was expensive for the 75ml., it is granule free, goes on like a thick honey then liquefies but unfortunately dosen`t work well on the dry patches and is quite drying too!
Or can anyone with a similar problem suggest anything.

I also have quite sensitive skin and tried a sample of this and it made my face red.It could have been the rose extract or other natural ingredients in it.
I know a lot of people on here use elemis so they may give you more positive feedback as eveyones skin is different.
I always have odd dry patches and when i do exfoliate my skin tends to become dryer but thats just my skin so i tend to do this once a month hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thank you Sidney and Donna, When I think about it when I tried an Elemis product for redness it didn`t work at all, but the Mir range looks interesting and they do a trial pack which is good, I think i`llhave to order one to try.
Thanks again.

My 14 year old daughter uses this. She has typical greasy teenage skin with just the occasional spot, but I'd far rather she used something like this than something that is overly harsh. She absolutely loves it.

If you have sensitive skin, I personally wouldn't recommend the papaya enzyme peel as it's quite zingy if you see what I mean. The rose exfoliater is very gentle, so you might find you're ok with that.

You could also try Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel as it has no bits in it at all.

I`ve already tried it and it wasn`t any good for me, like the YSL one it was very drying, I do need something I can use daily as there is no way I can apply make up over the dry scaley patches and I definitely can`t go without my face make up when I go out.

I`ve already tried it and it wasn`t any good for me, like the YSL one it was very drying, I do need something I can use daily as there is no way I can apply make up over the dry scaley patches and I definitely can`t go without my face make up when I go out.

You need to look at your moisturiser as well MAD not just an exfoliater as an exfoliater wont get rid of the dry scaly patches long term.
Do you use a mask after exfoliating?

I haven't used the Elemis rose exfoliator for years so can't remember eactly what it was like but would agree with Donna about the Mir gentle exfoliating cleanser! That & the cleansing gel are probably the gentlest, mildest products I have ever used, leave your face beautifully clean but dissolve instantly in water so no rubbing or even wiping to get them off, a few splashes of water & they're virtually gone!

The moisturising lotion & skin silk (which you can use around the eyes as well) are also lovely, genuinely leaves your skin feeling like silk but totally non claggy or cloying, you can still feel the softest of breezes on your face with the moisturiser on! lol
(Unfortunately, I was allergic to one of the plant ingredients in the moisturiser & had to stop using it after a few days but I have a number of plant-based serious allergies & this was not the fault of the product, just me!)
For super-sensitive & especially dry skin, I would recommend the Mir range to anyone who has run out of most other options! :)

You need to look at your moisturiser as well MAD not just an exfoliater as an exfoliater wont get rid of the dry scaly patches long term.
Do you use a mask after exfoliating?

I always use a moisturiser and a couple of times a week a nourishing mask all LE at the moment thats the best for me so far but the last set I bought had that super skin one in and i don`t think that suits me as much as the skin repair one for dry/sensitive.

I was keeping it under control but I was ill just after Christmas so my skin was the last think on my mind and since then I haven`t been able to get back on top of it, perhaps too I`m a bit run down too after that so thats why products that normally do keep it under control aren`t having the same effects.

I read reviews where skin care products have made a real difference for users, I have a job making mine look normal. Feeling sorry for myself at the moment I had a swelling all around one eye that came from nowhere, so swollen the skin broke,even my GP dosen`t know what it is, the swelling is gone mostly but I`m left with stretched droopy skin that i don`t think is ever going to return to normal...sorry to go on
thanks for listening, apologies for going off topic

I read reviews where skin care products have made a real difference for users, I have a job making mine look normal. Feeling sorry for myself at the moment I had a swelling all around one eye that came from nowhere, so swollen the skin broke,even my GP dosen`t know what it is, the swelling is gone mostly but I`m left with stretched droopy skin that i don`t think is ever going to return to normal...sorry to go on

((Madaboutdogs))
I hope the skin around your eye settles down soon, maybe the swelling was stress/illness related? I've had a similar thing happen a few times over the years, eye almost completely closed due to the swelling, literally looked like I'd been punched in the face, well, gone several rounds with Mike Tyson actually!
My skin did return to normal, so hopefully yours will too, it's not as though it has been stretched & under constant strain for weeks, did it go down again quite quickly, within a day or so?

((Madaboutdogs))
I hope the skin around your eye settles down soon, maybe the swelling was stress/illness related? I've had a similar thing happen a few times over the years, eye almost completely closed due to the swelling, literally looked like I'd been punched in the face, well, gone several rounds with Mike Tyson actually!
My skin did return to normal, so hopefully yours will too, it's not as though it has been stretched & under constant strain for weeks, did it go down again quite quickly, within a day or so?

Unfortunately it didn`t I went to the doctors the day after the swelling appeared, was a week on antibiotics and started to go down a few days after I finished them, I think my age is against me,as my eye lid skin wasn`t great to begin with! Yes thats exactly how I looked as though I`d been punched in the eye, thank goodness there was no bruising!
Its so bad I`m thinking of getting some perscription sun glasses to cover it up, I sound vain I`m not but can`t stand looking at odd eyes and I definitely won`t be able to wear eye make up, I can actually see my eye lid in my line of vision now...not a pretty sight at all!

#15 Oh, that is a bummer! Mine have always gone down quite quickly & luckily, I do have very elastic skin! I do feel for you though!
I would be tempted to go back to the doctors & pester them about it; look tearful, (cry if you can muster enough sad thoughts together!), ruining your life, blah blah blah.....it is a fact with doctors that the 'squeaky wheel' approach does usually work eventually & they'll shunt you off to bother a consultant instead!
Poor you, on top of your skin troubles, that is pretty poo!

thanks for listening, apologies for going off topic[/QUOTE]

Oh bless, I think everyone would appreciate how you feel when you're fed up and nothing seems to work. Someone had posted a thread earlier about Prescriptives super line preventor and I had said that with my eczema, it's something that makes a huge difference for me in terms of hydration - have you tried that? I use Decleor Hydra-Floral as my night cream which also helps. Another range that I like is Andrew Weil at Origins, it seems to be quite good for 'funny' skins. I like La Prairie but they whacked their prices up so I don't use it any more (I refuse to be taken for a ride!) but some of their moisturisers are fab. I have the L'Occitane shea butter eye balm which is lovely and has helped my dry eyes no end. I've rambled on because I do know how you feel - I've been there and you end up thorougly miserable so I hope everything comes together for you. Strangely, I've gone back to Hope in a Jar for the moment because I'd so many with Philosophy TSVs and thought what the hell but it's actually really suited my skin and I will keep that for my current day cream!

#15 Oh, that is a bummer! Mine have always gone down quite quickly & luckily, I do have very elastic skin! I do feel for you though!
I would be tempted to go back to the doctors & pester them about it; look tearful, (cry if you can muster enough sad thoughts together!), ruining your life, blah blah blah.....it is a fact with doctors that the 'squeaky wheel' approach does usually work eventually & they'll shunt you off to bother a consultant instead!
Poor you, on top of your skin troubles, that is pretty poo!
Thanks Kitten,
Thats what my daughter said but she is more asertive than I will ever be! I have to go back with my other problems (God do I sound a case) so I think I`m going to ask to be referred and see what she says ..I can only try can`t I? I won`t have to fake the tears I only have to look in the mirror for them.

Oh bless, I think everyone would appreciate how you feel when you're fed up and nothing seems to work. Someone had posted a thread earlier about Prescriptives super line preventor and I had said that with my eczema, it's something that makes a huge difference for me in terms of hydration - have you tried that? I use Decleor Hydra-Floral as my night cream which also helps. Another range that I like is Andrew Weil at Origins, it seems to be quite good for 'funny' skins. I like La Prairie but they whacked their prices up so I don't use it any more (I refuse to be taken for a ride!) but some of their moisturisers are fab. I have the L'Occitane shea butter eye balm which is lovely and has helped my dry eyes no end. I've rambled on because I do know how you feel - I've been there and you end up thorougly miserable so I hope everything comes together for you. Strangely, I've gone back to Hope in a Jar for the moment because I'd so many with Philosophy TSVs and thought what the hell but it's actually really suited my skin and I will keep that for my current day cream![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much I`m making a note of all these, apart from Hope in Jar, I have already tried that and it didn`t suit.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back