Elemis cleansing balm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I've had this in a collection set I bought.

NOW, can anyone tell me what the difference is between this and Vaseline ? apart from it having a lovely smell.

My Mum swore by covering her face in Vaseline before bed years ago, and this doesn't appear to be any different. (and a lot of money for a similar product)

Vaseline is petroleum jelly, Elemis cleansing balm isn't. The thing that makes Vaseline the consistency it is is the petroleum jelly (the main ingredient). The cleansing balm is that consistency because of beeswax and some other waxes (rose, mimosa etc.)

There's a huge difference.

Doesn't mean you can't use Vaseline in a similar way, but the list of ingredients is very different.

You would need to do a long term comparison (using Vaseline for several weeks, then switching to the Elemis cleansing balm for the same amount of time), before you would know what effect those differences had on your particular skin.

eve lom is a petroleum based cleansing balm with a few hops in it. made me have a nasty rash

I find the cleansing balm from Elimae to be the best for my skin at £5 a pot.

Well you don't leave it on, but remove with a damp cloth.

Loads of brands now do cleansing balms they are very in. Eve Lom was the first going back to the 1990s

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Perhaps I should wipe it off then with a damp cloth,- I've been leaving it on overnight (like my Mum did) and found myself sliding to the bottom of the bed !!!! I won't be re-ordering, its just another "slap-on wipe-off" product that I can live without, and I haven't the time.

I love Elemis, but long ago discovered they have a lot in their range that all more or less do the same job.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Perhaps I should wipe it off then with a damp cloth,- I've been leaving it on overnight (like my Mum did) and found myself sliding to the bottom of the bed !!!! I won't be re-ordering, its just another "slap-on wipe-off" product that I can live without, and I haven't the time.

I love Elemis, but long ago discovered they have a lot in their range that all more or less do the same job.

It's a cleanser but according to their website you could use it as a treatment by leaving it on for 10 mins and then sitting with a warm flannel over your face. Never tried it like that but I like it as a cleanser because it takes my make up off without needing a separate make up remove.

I find the cleansing balm from Elimae to be the best for my skin at £5 a pot.

I loved the first one I had from her but the second was completely different. The third was more like the first but I can't cope with the inconsistency. I do realise its partly due to the all natural ingredients and the fact its handmade. If she could guarantee me the first one every time then I would use nothing else.

I love the Elemis one but also the one from ESPA and the Neal's Yard are other favourites.

I have an Elemis cleansing balm & Emma Hardie's Moringa Balm in a cupboard. I'm not sure they Re going to be for me, but I will try them when I finish the SBC 3 in 1 cleanser I'm using currently.

Latest posts

Back