Ego Trip Mini Hairdryer & Mini Straightner TSV 19/11/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the original set somewhere else on line (can't remember where) a while ago for £33 but had to send it back as one of the plug's pins was bent

I bought the original (dark red ) ones in march this year (around £35 with free delivery from beautybay) as my 'holiday' set - the hair dryer is brill - Ive replaced my old 'everyday' hairdresser with this little thing - but found the straighteners a bit rubbish - not a patch on my GHD's - so will probably end up chucking them away.

I use the straighteners to get into the hard to reach bits and for that they are excellent.

have gone for this as a travel hairdryer so I am not at the mercy of hotel hairdryers. Don't really need the straighteners but as they are small will use just of my fringe.

As many here seem to know this TSV, I hope you can answer my 2 questions :

* Can this mini hairdryer send cool air ?

* Is the temperature adjustable for the straighteners ?

Thanks for your help !

:flower::flower::flower:

As many here seem to know this TSV, I hope you can answer my 2 questions :

* Can this mini hairdryer send cool air ?

* Is the temperature adjustable for the straighteners ?

Thanks for your help !

:flower::flower::flower:

I have only used my travel set once, to test, but from memory - no and no! I am sure it's on/off for both with no variables. The hairdryer is pretty hot too. I hope the flex is long enough so I can dry my hair on the balcony!!

I'm just watching the presentation and it does seem there are two speeds on the dryer. But defo no temperature control on the straighteners.

Did anyone else buy this set?

I got one for DD for Christmas but tested it all worked before I get to the wrapping stage but I can't get the nozzle to stay on at all. Since she has fine fly-away hair like I do, the dryer is ok for a quick blast to dry but not for blow-drying with a brush. Am I missing some special knack to fixing it on? There's a review that mentions the nozzle and diffuser keep falling off.

I find with hotel hair dryers they're ok for quick-drying but not for styling which is why I though the Ego mini dryer would be good for her.

Also, the guest kept saying how long the flex is....it isn't! It's shorter than the one on my £12 Lidl hair dryer and shorter than on my Babylis Big Hair.

Unfortunately if they fall off unless you glue it in place(not a good idea), won't stay on. I had a hairdryer not this brand and nothing would keep the nozzle on. It seemed to click on okay but even looking at it, ****** thing fell off.

My new hairdryer bought from Boots, the nozzle clicks on and stays on until you pull it off.

I think you're right Donna, at first I though it might have a hairline crack causing it to un-grip (iykwim). Shame because it's a powerful little dryer but it'll have to go back.

The diffuser on mine stays on no problem, Akimbo, so there must be something not quite right with yours, a tiny hairline crack or something like you say.

I am looking for the larger one on a deal somewhere. My mum has it and it is so lightweight and 3 temp and speed controls with cool shot too. I'm just struggling with paying £75 for a hairdryer!

I am looking for the larger one on a deal somewhere. My mum has it and it is so lightweight and 3 temp and speed controls with cool shot too. I'm just struggling with paying £75 for a hairdryer!

Just saw that Ego have £10 off today. Thought it may help a little if you're really desperate for it! :mysmilie_59: I have the one with the oil infuser and it's fab. It dries my hair so quickly! It leaves it very soft, but also flyway, which isn't a good point for me!! However, the speed and the shine and the softness win me over :mysmilie_17:

Fancy treating yourself this black Friday?
We're offering all our Facebook fans £10 off using the voucher code BLACK10 when purchasing products through our online store!

Theres been a few horror stories online regarding the Ego hairdryers, so please be careful anyone who owns one.

I have the big Ego; should I be worried? I have used it for well over a year without a problem, but it is concerning if this is the case. What was happening?

I have the big Ego; should I be worried?

Lou, I read your post and thought to myself, "how self-aware is Louise" :mysmilie_3:

Seriously though, QVC should put a recall notice on the website if there's a known problem rather than just a couple of faulty dryers out there. Mind you, they tend to write to every purchaser if they need to recall something, they're just not very quick about it. I had a letter about drain-cleaner that melted it's own bottles, by which time the spare bottle was sitting in a puddle of its contents (fortunately in the garage). They didn't ask for it to be returned, for once.

Back to Ego, I returned the TSV duo because the nozzle wouldn't stay on. I went back to using a mini pink dryer (by Cosmopolitan) which my daughter (now 18) got when she was about 6 years old) It's light, 2 speeds and a fully functioning nozzle, perfect when my back and shoulders are aching. I can also recommend the dryers that Lidl sell from time to time. They look similar to the ego, ionic and have a fully retractable cord (brilliant idea) for about £12.

It seems to be the one QVC last sold as a TSV which the problem is with. Quite a few on QVC Facebook page freaking out with worry, and people telling them to contact CS and return. Not sure if that one was made especially for QVC???? As the same kit has been seen in Boots are a good price, but the normal red colour.

As said earlier in this thread I bought a new hairdryer(not this brand), mentioned to my hairdresser how it did not seem as hot as the old one. The air flow and heat on Med(I always keep on Med), on my old one was a lot hotter. She told me that meant the old one was coming to the end of its days, they get hotter it seems when the engine is starting to go.

OMG, read this thread this morning and am mortified!! I bought this as one of my Xmas pressies because of finding it difficult to use a normal size hairdryer following carpal tunnel surgery...sooo didn't want to use it this morning :whew:

Tried to read what happened on FB, but because I'm not a member anymore, kept asking me to sign in. Surely Q should at least contact all customers who bought this dryer asking them to refrain from using until it had been investigated...or more so issue a recall straight away because they have no way of knowing if it is just one or a whole shipment from China!

Latest posts

Back