EEEEK! major faux pas on Renee show!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
T-Caller called Joan just rang in and started going on about the fabulous jeans

JR and Renee had to correct her and say that the jeans are diane gilman not Renees.

red faces all round! :up:

Joan sounded a bit pissy-boots :clapping:

Love it when that happens.

Best one was a few years back when Alison was flogging the arnica bath soak. The caller was bemoaning her ailments and Alison was telling her how a good soak in it would help. The caller didn't have a bath and asked if it would work in the shower. Not really, was Alison's reply but you could use it to soak your feet in a bowl. The caller replied that she didn't have any feet. Alison's expression was priceless as she told her to stay on the line and they'd get her the item number for the arnica gel instead.

I heard that one BB. She'd lost the plot. JR couldn't get a word in and Renee looked like she was thinking "oh please..". Comedy.:giggle:

T-Caller called Joan just rang in and started going on about the fabulous jeans

JR and Renee had to correct her and say that the jeans are diane gilman not Renees.

red faces all round! :up:

Joan sounded a bit pissy-boots :clapping:

Love it! Bully for Joan!

Wish I'd seen that. Bet someone in the gallery copped it big time for embarrassing that particular duo. As for people stopping Renee in St Tropez and Monte Carlo to ask her which store she got her outfit from... hmmmm.

I'll never forget Julian B doing a jewellery show sale over christmas (thats how long ago,it was!!!)

The caller said how much she loved the jewellery......................and then how much she loved him :blush:- and how she was slender and petite:doh:,how she looks after herself:sweat:,how local she lives,:happy:how her door would always be open for him:giggle:

I was squirming in my settee listening to it!!!!!

I also loved years ago JR doing a fashion show with a guest - and a caller came on to say how much she loved her iron she bought years ago!!!!

There is a caller (Jane?) who phones VERY frequently.As soon as I hear her voice,I think what?! Again?! But then again I must watch it too much to know she keeps calling :blush:

I wonder what questions you are asked before you are put through to the presenter. Obviously not intelligent ones, if Joan managed to make a bit of an ass of herself! Also do you think they warn callers to behave themselves when they get through? Maybe they threaten to close your account if you are rude or swear. I know some people on here have not been put through because they had previously complained to QVC about items/service etc.

They've asked me twice if I'd like to go through and talk to the presenter and I've always declined. They must tell them that they can refer to high street brands but not to mention them by name. I wonder whehter they have them on a timed delay, like radio phone-ins, so that they can cut them if they start swearing etc.

Another good one was a caller telling Tova she'd named her Siamese cat after her. Tova's smile immediately left her eyes but remained frozen on her face. Alison noticed this and commented that at least it was a Siamese cat.

I heard a right corker of a T-caller once, several years ago. Charlie Brooks was presenting, could have been Charlie Bears or Steiff, or it might have been jewellery.....anyway, a rather "emotional" lady called to tell Charlie she loves him and watches all of his shows and basically asked if he'd come and visit her because she really wants to meet him and, cut to the chase, Charlie had to say no and she started crying and saying "Oh Charlie no, I need to meet you, I love you so much, i don't know what I'll do if I don't meet you".... That's stuck in my memory ever since, it was cut-off-your-ears-and-poke-out-your-eyes embarrassing!!

many many years ago when I was young(er!) and green, I spoke to the Supernails lady, Caroline was it? They didn't ask me anything as such but just listened, checking for anything that would interfere with the sound I suppose, and yes, there was a delay, it was most peculiar at my end as I had the picture on mute and of course it was out of synch with the conversation I was having!

I'll never forget Julian B doing a jewellery show sale over christmas (thats how long ago,it was!!!)

The caller said how much she loved the jewellery......................and then how much she loved him :blush:- and how she was slender and petite:doh:,how she looks after herself:sweat:,how local she lives,:happy:how her door would always be open for him:giggle:

I was squirming in my settee listening to it!!!!!

I also loved years ago JR doing a fashion show with a guest - and a caller came on to say how much she loved her iron she bought years ago!!!!

There is a caller (Jane?) who phones VERY frequently.As soon as I hear her voice,I think what?! Again?! But then again I must watch it too much to know she keeps calling :blush:

It wasn't Yazrose phoning in was it? :wink: :giggle:

I heard a right corker of a T-caller once, several years ago. Charlie Brooks was presenting, could have been Charlie Bears or Steiff, or it might have been jewellery.....anyway, a rather "emotional" lady called to tell Charlie she loves him and watches all of his shows and basically asked if he'd come and visit her because she really wants to meet him and, cut to the chase, Charlie had to say no and she started crying and saying "Oh Charlie no, I need to meet you, I love you so much, i don't know what I'll do if I don't meet you".... That's stuck in my memory ever since, it was cut-off-your-ears-and-poke-out-your-eyes embarrassing!!

Care in the community's got a LOT to answer for! :giggle:

TBH, the presenters do ask for it: there are a lot of lonely and sad people out there, and certain presenters' tendency to "share" personal details in order to get us to buy can get a tad muddled up in some people's minds.

While I'm no fan of Jilly H, her coasting on autopilot at least spares us any personal anecdotes and also stops anyone who's a sandwich short of a picnic convincing themselves she's their friend.

many many years ago when I was young(er!) and green, I spoke to the Supernails lady, Caroline was it? They didn't ask me anything as such but just listened, checking for anything that would interfere with the sound I suppose, and yes, there was a delay, it was most peculiar at my end as I had the picture on mute and of course it was out of synch with the conversation I was having!

You're very brave! - I remember her and always thought she was very scary :eek:

Latest posts

Back