EE In-car WiFi - Mis-representation??? Data expiry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
The EE connected car in-car wifi with 6gb of data (item 505436) was presented yesterday. My husband was quite interested in this and so watched the presentation.
At no point did the guest presenter make reference to how much it would cost to top up or indeed how long before the 6gb of data expired. Debbie flint made some vague reference to the fact that you just "top it up" like a pay as you go phone.
Of course my husband went on to the EE website to find out for himself and the 6gb of data only lasts for 30 days whether you've used it or not - then you have to pay to top-up as per the price list on the EE website . This was not made clear at all and I can forsee alot of people being dissatisfied with their purchase when perhaps they use it for a day or two when the receive it and then think to themselves that they'll take it on holiday in August or something, only to find that they have to spend money to re-purchase the data package (currently £25 for 6GB).
Mis-representation in my book! Very poor QVC

I nearly got it but that was nagging at me, so thanks to your husband!! I'll take it off my wish list and wait for someone to bring out some competition! Thanks for posting that!

I only saw one presentation in the early afternoon and I'm sure that's what they said.

I only saw one presentation in the early afternoon and I'm sure that's what they said.

Didnt see that one. The problem is that the video showing on the web page doesnt mention it. There are 7 questions that have been posted about this item, mostly to do with what we are discussing, so I guess other people are unclear too.

UPDATE: Just looked at the web page and the following info has been added since yesterday so you are correct MrMault.

"Note: each data bundle is valid for up to 90 days from the date of first usage, or until the data allowance is fully consumed, whichever is the sooner."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back