Easy ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
What IS it with the constant use of EASY wear by all the faux stylists and presenters ? (Leslie Tebbits loves the word). Easy as opposed to what ? hard ? The only item I've found 'hard' to wear are shoes that haven't been broken in. Do they mean 'easy' in just throw it on ? and do many of us actually wear uncomfortable clothes all the time ? I never look in my wardrobe and think "oh I'll wear this, as its easy".

Actually to be fair I do have clothes (in my case around 99% of my clothes) are easy to wear in that they are quick to throw on and don’t require any styling as such, I always take it to mean comfortable and casual wear. I can see where you are coming from, but to me that is a description that whilst yes they probably do ‘overuse’ after all this is ‘selly telly’ land, but I interpret it as casual rather than formal!

I know exactly what they mean. All my clothes used to be hard to wear - the blouses would never stay tucked in to the skirts, the sleeves would crease at the inner elbow, the skirts and trousers would crease across the top of the legs every time I sat down, pencil skirts would ride up, dresses were rarely in stretch fabrics so felt like wearing a straitjacket in comparison with my current dresses, and overall I only ever felt properly comfortable in sweatshirts and trackie bottoms. And with regard to care, everything had to be ironed - all those Sunday afternoons wasted ironing my clothes for the coming week. Those clothes were hard. So I threw them all away and replaced them with easy clothes. They're wash and wear - no ironing. That alone makes them easy as far as I'm concerned, but also they never crease and look as fresh at the end of the day as at the beginning, and they move and stretch with me in all situations which makes them so comfortable. And this applies to my formal and casual clothes. Yes, they are so Easy to wear and I'd never go back to my old wardrobe.

Last edited:
I always say I'll get home and put my easy clothes on. Trackies or shorts, vests or t shirts. I have work clothes and smart clothes too.

At home we call easy clothes our "lived ins" :) Ancient trousers with holes in, tops wearing thin, but who cares? No one ever sees them and they're super comfy :)

At home we call easy clothes our "lived ins" :) Ancient trousers with holes in, tops wearing thin, but who cares? No one ever sees them and they're super comfy :)

All my clothes are 'easy wear easy care' (sorry QVC couldn't resist), but they go in stages, from being suitable for the 'outside world', the suitable for inside and possibly to the local 'extra' supermarket. Then for bedtime only (by which time they probably have more holes than materials (well certainly that is the case for some of the trousers (though one or two pairs I have recently consigned to the trouser gods').

Latest posts

Back