Easy pay racket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
This is the only non-libellous way I know how to put this.
Three weeks ago I returned a Beth Tyrell coat by courier, as the zip was faulty. I paid on easypay. It has not yet shown up as returned and QVC inform me that they will take no action until 21 WORKING DAYS HAVE PASSED.

So not only am I about £45 out of pocket for 3 weeks, the next instalment is due to be paid on 11th. I have spoken to CS who say the payment will go through.

This is plain simple robbery in my book, being charged for a returned item for which I hold a receipt. Clearly it is not going to turn up after all this time, so instead of a refund I will be charged!

I am going to complain to every relevant authority but I am sick of the hassle of shopping with QVC, takes too much time and effort and the upset is just not worth it.

Cancel the payment with your own bank and send the bank charge to QVC!!!

Easy Pay racket

don't think you can do that with a debit card payment, not sure,butI will try,.[

My mum was faced with this 21 days policy recently. She had bought a TSV which was broken when she received it. Apparently the return package (picked up by courier) went missing and she had to wait 21 for her refund. After 21 days the package suddenly turned up and her refund was given to her. We did wonder if this seems to be a new ploy to hang on to your money for as long as possible and your experience seems to confirm this ruthmay!

Easy Pay racket

My mum was faced with this 21 days policy recently. She had bought a TSV which was broken when she received it. Apparently the return package (picked up by courier) went missing and she had to wait 21 for her refund. After 21 days the package suddenly turned up and her refund was given to her. We did wonder if this seems to be a new ploy to hang on to your money for as long as possible and your experience seems to confirm this ruthmay!

Thanks for the info PG, will talk to the bank, but think the payment is guaranteed, and can ill afford to wait another 3 weeks for both refunds! Don't think there can be any other company in the world who treats their customers so shabbily.

Easy Pay Racket

Thanks for the info PG, will talk to the bank, but think the payment is guaranteed, and can ill afford to wait another 3 weeks for both refunds! Don't think there can be any other company in the world who treats their customers so shabbily.

Uumm - Ideal World?

A similar thing happened to me - and in the end no replacement was in stock. I have to say, QVC were VERY quick at refunding the payments I had made, however.

This is the only non-libellous way I know how to put this.
Three weeks ago I returned a Beth Tyrell coat by courier, as the zip was faulty. I paid on easypay. It has not yet shown up as returned and QVC inform me that they will take no action until 21 WORKING DAYS HAVE PASSED.

So not only am I about £45 out of pocket for 3 weeks, the next instalment is due to be paid on 11th. I have spoken to CS who say the payment will go through.

This is plain simple robbery in my book, being charged for a returned item for which I hold a receipt. Clearly it is not going to turn up after all this time, so instead of a refund I will be charged!

I am going to complain to every relevant authority but I am sick of the hassle of shopping with QVC, takes too much time and effort and the upset is just not worth it.

Something very similar happened to me. But in the interim period I lost my debit card so the payment was refused! CS rang me I confirm item returned and it eventually turned up!

Easy Pay racket

Something very similar happened to me. But in the interim period I lost my debit card so the payment was refused! CS rang me I confirm item returned and it eventually turned up!

OOOH! there's an idea! lol

OOOH! there's an idea! lol

Umm, that's why I posted. It really wasn't deliberate and I was really surprised to receive the call from CS to inform me 'payment unable to be processed' like yourself the item had been returned well before the payment was due but took a whole month to 'turn up'!!

Ruth I am sure i was watching Claudia recently and she was referring to something that could be bought on easypay. She definitely said that you could buy it, and try it for a month all for just one installment! Which for an expensive item is a right teaser.

So CS claiming they have to take out another payment is in contravention with what the presenters are advertising :12: (no matter how air-headed they may be :1:)

Cancelling the card sounds like a good idea - check with the bank that automatic debit payments will not be transferred to the new card. Your standing orders will be OK as they are linked to your account.

I think!!

Good luck :)

sometimes qvc are let down by customer service staff that are not encouraged to show some discretion. i do not want to add to any frustration, but it may be worth trying to get through to a manager and explaining to them how unhappy you are with the situation...it may be that they will be able to escalate the situation and get it resolved faster. i only say this as i know once i had an item that went missing...i got through to an incredibly helpful person who said that ordinarily they would have to send out a declaration form but because the product i had ordered was on auto-delivery, i would end up with the packages all arriving at the wrong time, so she was able to tweak it so i got the previous one sent out immediately...so it may be worth trying to speak to them about it....good luck!

So CS claiming they have to take out another payment is in contravention with what the presenters are advertising :12: (no matter how air-headed they may be :1:)

Par for the course I'm afraid - bet they rely heavily on their old friends the "error and mistake" rules. I think all the shopping channels would be off air if they were completely bound by anything their presenters tell us.

Ah Lottie - I seem to be following you round the site lol.

Argey

I lost my Debit Card and had it cancelled. A few weeks later I got a letter from QVC about an Easy Pay installment that didn't go through. I had to phone them with my new card number. I had forgotton about this payment but i didnt come off till they got my new card details. HTH:)

Last edited:
Just to update - rang CEO's office this morning and explained the problem.
got an immediate refund and no further payments to be taken.
why couldn't they have done that in the first place?

Just to update - rang CEO's office this morning and explained the problem.
got an immediate refund and no further payments to be taken.
why couldn't they have done that in the first place?

I was going to advise you to ring CEO as that was how I eventually sorted out the faulty IQON computer I bought Aug 07-plus I witheld the last 2 payments as I was getting nowehere with them replacing/refunding it. I simply stopped the payments. I'm glad you got it sorted.

I returned a camcorder I bought before Christmas as it was rubbish,they tried to claim I hadn't returned the SD memory card and were going to refuse the refund. I told them in no uncertain terms I had returned it,told them where it was in the box and said if it was no longer there it had to have been taken by someone at the warehouse. The guy then backed down and actioned the refund.Silly thing was it wasn't even a good make-it was the sort you see for around £4.

I really do become more disilusioned with QVC with every purchase.

"I really do become more disilusioned with QVC with every purchase."

Oh, so do I! Been a boon while I have been snowed in, but little to tempt. has to be brilliant and brilliant price for me to buy. usually too much hassle

Latest posts

Back