EasiYo - as tasty as everyone says or as horrid as it looks?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
That's my question in a nutshell really! My family goes through tons of Yeo Valley each week and I'm wondering if it might be worth giving EasiYo a go. I'm not so much put off by the fact you have to buy tons of white plastic paraphernalia to make the stuff in (always got the MBG on that), or even the scary woman who presents it, but the recipes she's comes out with sound vile - strained EasiYo rolled in chives or dipped in chocolate? Surely the same foodstuff can't be married successfully with both of those ingredients? Actually, the whole concept of 'strained' food...?!

Opinions and experiences of EasiYo most welcome!

Thanks everyone :happy:

That's my question in a nutshell really! My family goes through tons of Yeo Valley each week and I'm wondering if it might be worth giving EasiYo a go. I'm not so much put off by the fact you have to buy tons of white plastic paraphernalia to make the stuff in (always got the MBG on that), or even the scary woman who presents it, but the recipes she's comes out with sound vile - strained EasiYo rolled in chives or dipped in chocolate? Surely the same foodstuff can't be married successfully with both of those ingredients? Actually, the whole concept of 'strained' food...?!

Opinions and experiences of EasiYo most welcome!

Thanks everyone :happy:

It's good!

I only like the natural used with fruit squirts. That way its like muller fruit corners. I think the yogurt you use is much thicker and creamier so im not sue you would like the change in texture but there is always the 30 day money back!

It's lovely and even I can make it. Narna is my fave too. :happy:

The Greek one is lovely, the rest can be a bit slimey and gelatinous I find:thinking:

The yoghurt from easi yo is lovely, the downside is having to buy the sachets, which where I live can be pretty hard to come by. If its natural yoghurt you like then the yoghurt maker from lakeland is excellent, easy to use, and no sachets to purchase, just a couple of teaspoons of natural yoghurt, milk , some milk powder, put the jar in the maker and 8 hours later you have lovely natural yoghurt. I have both systems, easi yo is good if you like the flavours, the lakeland maker is excellent and economical if you like natural yoghurt (which you can add flavours to)

Hi

I have used easi-yo for a couple of years. I am not allowed any sugar at all - and I found commercial natural yoghurts too sweet (now that my taste buds have adjusted) - the easi-yo unsweetned is brill for me. My partner will eat it also if I add sugar - I have tried to fruit flavours they were nice for a second - and then the sugar would hit me - so they are fine for normal people. If you want a rich creamy yogurt - I cannot recommended the greek both full fat and low fat - both are lovely. If you find the sweetned too sweet then you can always sugar to the mixture before you make the yogurt.

Tried the yogurt (greek low fat) in garlic dip and other half didn't notice I had subs the sour cream for it. It's just like normal yogurt - can be either sweet or savoury.

Hope this helps

I like it - the Mango, Lemon and Boysenberry are lish. I use it to help out when I can't really face much food because of bad anxiety/depression/eating disorder issues. I find it nice and easy to eat and very cleansing on the palate, with no sickly aftertaste.

Love love love it.
Used to live in New Zealand where it came from originally and everyone there eats it.
So easy to make and good to eat.

I bought the Easi-yo kit only a couple of months ago, because of the rave reviews on here, it's lush, l'm now saving a fortune on bought yogurt. Go for it, you will not regret it...

It's lush, been using it for over two years , they are sooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy. Some of the unsweetened ones are a bit sharp for my taste, but I just bung in a bit of sweetner. My favourite is boysenberry, or strawberry, or mango - oh and don't forget the lemon one..........................or possibly just the plain greek. So difficult to decide. Only one I don't like much is toffee, which really doesn't do it for mev at all.

Last edited:
I only use the greek yogurt which is fab. I add milk instead of water and it tastes even yummier. I sometimes add few drops of real (expensive) vanilla extract to it too.

Tia can you elaborate please?

do you use all milk instead of water?

i have a couple of sets ordered from QVC which have a lot of plain/greek which i would like to flavour so the vanilla idea sounds good. does using milk shorten the 2 week fridge-life?

Thanks very much to everyone for all this - really helpful - may well give it a go. I know what fabulous consumers frequent this site so knew it was the place to come for reliable opinions!

Cavegirl - just had to say - much empathy coming from me on this - hope you're doing well at the moment - your writing *always* makes me smile, I come on here hoping you've posted xx

I like it - the Mango, Lemon and Boysenberry are lish. I use it to help out when I can't really face much food because of bad anxiety/depression/eating disorder issues. I find it nice and easy to eat and very cleansing on the palate, with no sickly aftertaste.

Ooh very interesting thread! I have often considered going for easiyo myself, but have always wussed out. I am not really a huge yoghurt fan, I prefer fromage frais. Is there anything I can do/use to make it more like a fromage frais (apart from adding a tub of Philly!!)? I think I prefer a thicker consistency and a less sour taste. My husband would benefit from the maker as he loves natural/greek yoghurt.

Latest posts

Back