Easiyo - Any Good?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

hit and miss i'd say.

if you want a good supply of plain or greek yoghurt then i'd give it a go. even then i've had "setting issues" but i think that was more to do with being sent an old batch becuase every sachet in the box failed. so check the use by date.

i find the fruit ones less successful. some of them are ok but generally speaking i think they taste a bit synthetic.

i'd suggest buying a starter kit with a maker and a mixture of flavours including some greek/plain. have a yoghurt-fest in your 30 day period and get rid if you dont like.

i havent used the squirty things. anything that keeps for 2 years without refridgeration is not "natural" i dont care what witchy-poo says.

I'm with Burly on the natural and greek - they're lovely :up:

I've never had any success at all with the flavoured ones - they never set for me. I can get the custard ones to set but I think they taste like a lemon dessert instead of the proper custard taste you would expect - ok if you like lemon but def an acquired taste (I wouldn't get it again).

hit and miss i'd say.

if you want a good supply of plain or greek yoghurt then i'd give it a go. even then i've had "setting issues" but i think that was more to do with being sent an old batch becuase every sachet in the box failed. so check the use by date.

i find the fruit ones less successful. some of them are ok but generally speaking i think they taste a bit synthetic.

i'd suggest buying a starter kit with a maker and a mixture of flavours including some greek/plain. have a yoghurt-fest in your 30 day period and get rid if you dont like.

i havent used the squirty things. anything that keeps for 2 years without refridgeration is not "natural" i dont care what witchy-poo says.[/QUOTE

Yep, I agree (although they taste nice) - and said as much in a review I left once.

i also like them, BUT: unless you eat a lot of yoghurt you might get fed up eating it. There is mostly only 2 of us in the house, and I found we just do not get through the whole thing anymore. So starting to be a bit of a waste for us

Easiyo

I put a bit less water in than recommended because it can be too runny for my taste and preference, I only buy Greek because I have allergies to fruit. They sell it now in Holland and Barretts and Lakeland, Lakeland have the makers and squirts as well.:sun:

I used to like the 'Greek' Easiyo, but then discovered Onken yoghurts which imo taste far superior, so don't bother making it now.

Thanks everyone. I've ordered one of the sets with a bit of everything in so will give it a go!

I find that for every one that sets, one does not, and you end up with a very runny product.

The ones that do set are first class and very good, but overall I have to say from my experience with some not setting it is not cost effective.

My local Tesco always have yoghurt on BOGOF or Muller's giving it away. I now just buy the offers in store.

hubby like the plain ones......i did the toffee one expecting it to be pants BUT it was really really nice....easy to use & easy clean up.downside is they are bulky espcially when i tend to make 2 lots at a time

Love easiyo, have been using it for over a year now, l wanted more calcium in my diet as l rarely eat many dairy products. I think l have tried every flavour and can honestly say l have never had a failure, as long as you use room temperature water. I also only leave it to (brew) for 8 hours, as l dislike it being to acidic.

I've had mine a few months now and have tried quite an assortment of flavours. The plain Greek is my favourite, by far. It's so versatile. I have made quite a few different things with it, both sweet and savoury. Dh and DS love the Greek as dips, with added herbs/spices, or with salads. I always put a dessert spoon into my spaghetti bolognaise, it makes it really creamy, and takes away the full on tomato taste. If you read the reviews on the QVC website, you will see that they are very positive.

You can actually make fresh batches from your last batch without buying more mixes

1 litre UHT long life milk room temperature
4 dessertspoons of milk powder
1 dessertspoon of either greek,live unflavoured youghurt or 1 dessertspoon from your last batch.

fill the easiyo half full of the milk, add the milk powder and whisk it up with a fork then add the yoghurt and mix then top up with the rest of the milk then make as usual

when its ready drain off the whey and if you liek it thicker strain through a muslin cloth

ta..da cheaper than buying the mixes at £2:20 each if u include the p&p

Last edited:
I've had mine for about a year now - the fruit ones set well but, as someone said above, some of them taste a bit synthetic (particularly the raspberry). My favourite flavours (in terms of taste) are the vanilla a, caramel and banana but every time I make them, they seem to turn out a bit 'gloopy' and I'm not sure how to fix that. On the whole though I think it's been a great purchase.

if there too runny snaba, just strain them through some muslin/cheescloth to get rid of the excess whey. the thicken up nicely...

I eat loads of yoghurt and I was wondering about the easiyo. Does anyone know how it compares pricewise (eg I usually get 12 mullers for £5). Is it worth it?

Latest posts

Back