Dyson hairdryer TSV soon?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I spotted in my local Boots today, they had a demo model out to play with. Apart from the shape and being a bit quieter it was a..............hair dryer! I turned it on and expected heavenly music and a world famous hairdresser to rush out to do my hair. No.

Some sad no doubt plants on the QVC Facebook page keep coming on every few weeks, asking if QVC will be stocking it?:mysmilie_19:

I have seen one in the flesh too and I was impressed. The balance is different with the motor being at the bottom of the handle. Easier to lift.It was quieter- but I wouldn't have been able to hear the radio over it. The nozzles are great because you can't knock them off with your brush as they are magnetic ( I'm always doing that) but the power is awesome - like being in a wind tunnel on the fastest speed, but didn't blow the hair all over the place because it was concentrated.Fingers crossed as with the bagless vacuum cleaners one of the other manufacturers will make a similar one that is affordable.

It seems an extraordinary amount of money for a hairdryer. I'm sure Q will do a deal to sell it .Maybe they have to wait until their contracts with other hair dryers runs out.

I won't be buying it.i have a basic dryer and it works just fine on my very straight hair. Maybe people with curls and waves need something different.

I do like the Dyson's products but they have priced themselves out of my market...my money is very safe.

It`s just a new gizmo on the block and in a few months time they`ll bring out another version, then another and another. Just like they`ve done with their vacuums and fans.

That just shows how stupid and gullible they think most women are.

Or desperate. Women with hair as difficult as mine would give their eye teeth for something that would give them swingy, glossy hair they see their friends sporting - even if it did go belly up at the slightest sign of damp!

I struggle to dry my hair as my left arm no longer works properly. A lightweight, well-balanced dryer that doesn't fry my hair, but leaves it smooth and shiny is a HG for me. I found my HG straightener in the form of my L'Oreal Steampod, but I'm fighting the awful effects of my hairdryer (and the two before), before I start with my straighteners.

Still, mustn't moan. I could be fighting a losing battle with my old GHDs, too.

I'm using the travel Ego and must say that. for me, it's the best hairdryer I've used for a long time - both from the weight and ease of use point of view and the results.

The nozzle constantly annoys me as it keeps blowing off, but I can live with it. For the time being.

My friend has just bought a Dyson dryer - I think her friend count doubled overnight and there's an official queue to try it out - but as her "special" friend, I got in the VIP entrance! I had a good play with it while drying my hair and am now starting a savings fund for one!

It's lighter than my old salon (though a lot heavier than my tiny Trip). The balance is amazing and makes it easy for me to use my dodgy arm. The nozzle can rotate to any position (helpful if you're as hamfisted as me when drying), and is simple to change, even when in use and hot. It didn't fry my hair, but made it softer and shinier than normal (and I don't usually get on with ionics). It also dried quicker than any other hairdryer I've tried (including other friends' salon dryers or the newest one that one of us has, the Q3-I think). Best of all, we could have a normal volume chat while I was playing.

I was surprised to find it's only 1400 watts (I think). Very powerful for that. It blows (literally) my old (but newish) 2200 watt dryer out of the competition. It's obviously not going to save me mega amounts on my electric bill, but with the time cut and the wattage cut, I will save a bit. Having said that, by the time I save enough for it it'll probably be an updated version that runs on fresh air or something!

Latest posts

Back