Dyson Animal DC44 - possible returns are being sent out to people on advanced order

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marina

Registered Shopper
I ordered most recent TSV of Dyson Animal DC44 on advanced order that was supposed to be dispatched 22 October.
Today I was saddened to find an email in my inbox that it was dispatched. It wasn't due for about another 10 days. I'm pretty sure it's someone's return. I went and checked, It's still awaiting stock, I think that QVC stitched me up :confused:
I think I'll give them a call when my parcel arrives.

Maybe the stock came in early? Inspect it closely when it arrives, especially the cylinder. if its not pristine ring them. For that price you shouldn't be getting second hand.

Thank you BurlZ, I will do so. Also, it was supposed to be dispatched by Hermes but as there is no tracking number it may be Royal Mail and this is unusual for this size of parcel. It seems that something is not right with my order.

Last edited:
A returned one will easily be noticed :giggle:...if like my Vax carpet cleaner, which arrived with contents just thrown in the box and water in the tank...customer servicestold me it was not a returned one...but must have been one they tested in the factory *need a Pinocchio smilie here :mysmilie_503:

daydreamer

Daydreamer how are you getting on with your Vax ?

I've been tempted, but apart from taking up yet more room in the garage, a lesson I learned in the past (when I hired a cleaner) was that carpets have to be Scotchguarded or they get dirty far far quicker after they have been cleaned because the Scotchguard has been washed off., thereby they need to be cleaned more frequently. This is something that is rarely mentioned when plugging these machines.

A returned one will easily be noticed :giggle:...if like my Vax carpet cleaner, which arrived with contents just thrown in the box and water in the tank...customer servicestold me it was not a returned one...but must have been one they tested in the factory *need a Pinocchio smilie here :mysmilie_503:

daydreamer

HOW do they keep getting away with these outright lies?? the whole returns thing just blows my mind.

I was also on the advanced orders list and looked at the dyson last week on the general item page, and it was shown as being in stock, no longer on wait list, so I checked my order and it showed as being shipped, so it could be they have got new ones in, but they have sold out again? I hope so as a returned one would be totally unacceptable!!!

They don't tend to stock vacuum cleaners and the like long term, there's usually a new model on the horizon so it's just possible they ordered just enough stock to cover the advanced orders. I'm sure it'll be easy to tell when it arrives whether or not it's been used and I hope it's the latter.

Jude xx

I was also on the advanced orders list and looked at the dyson last week on the general item page, and it was shown as being in stock, no longer on wait list, so I checked my order and it showed as being shipped, so it could be they have got new ones in, but they have sold out again? I hope so as a returned one would be totally unacceptable!!!
I've missed when they showed in stock but then it may have been an odd returned one. I hope that it was new stock as you say Diane. From my experience shopping with QVC they ship advanced orders on the designated day and never before.

Did you receive a link for tracking Dianne, mine says cannot be tracked?

Last edited:
Mine has just arrived!!!! Via UPS courier, but I didn't have any tracking details.....it is spanking brand new, all sealed box, with all packaging intact and sealed and it's crystal clean......it had a teeny bit of a charge in it, so just whooshed over my carpet and was amazed how much it picked up, even Maine coon cat hair! It's now on charge for a painfully long five hours during which I may just gaze at it adoringly, then I'm going to work with it!
Hope yours turns up soon Marina!!! ;-)

Well! It charged fully in just three hours so I put it work......I just vacuumed my two bed weaver's cottage from top to bottom, using the boost setting on very kitty furry bits all one one charge! Wow!

Latest posts

Back