DuWop Makeup..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Duwop is the most awful shite isn't it?

I've tried a few products and I don't rate any of them. (Lip Venom, The eye palettes they showed today, another eyeshadow Trio called Amber I think, and The Blush Booster.) When you don't like the first three or four products you try from a range it's hard to trust that you'll ever like any of them.

I have a friend who swears by the brow kit but that's the only positive thing I can say.

Watching the models try not to wince as their skin gets stretched in all directions by rough hands is not my idea of fun, and the DuWop lady is neither an informative and full of tips guest, or a warm and funny one - so I didn't watch today and I won't watch again.

DuWop might as well be dead to me. (not to be overdramatic or anything!)

I really can't understand why QVC continue to stock this junk - it doesn't even sell well (or rather, stay sold! lol) if the appalling reviews are anything to go by!
The size of those lip things was laughable (1.5ml, are they kidding!?!), the models looked awful (or at best, no different to how they started!) & the dragon in the red suit seemed to use about half the pathetically sized product trying to get an effect as she rammed the applicator in & out & jabbed it on her unfortunate victim!
I'm pretty gullible when it comes to make-up demos but even I wasn't going to fall for that one........! *insert 'thumbs down smilie' here!*

By coincidence, I was putting on my mascara at the point where the guest gave the tip about how to do your lower lashes. So I tried it. Ended up with lower lashes bunched into two clumps and looking as if I'd been tortured. Ptchaaah!

Having read your accounts, I am glad I haven't succumbed to this range. Not that I was ever tempted.

many thanks xx

Amanda looked wild...all orange. Pipa was saying she looked lovely which is I guess her job but still...orange is not a good look on eyes.

Does the woman doing the demo's own the company?

Lip Venom just burns...like others years ago I got suckered in by hype and it was just hot!

She really plants that blusher on Amanda's face, seems being gentle is not how you get the look!

The Pipa was putting me head away as she says one minute to a guest she loves a lipgloss brush then on the next show she says it is the other applicator she likes (forget name...sponge thing)

Then she tells us she loves powder eyebrow items then she tells us she loves a pencil. I know it is silly but really starting to bug me!

Just watching the DuWop show & the products give a poor finish.. Poor Amanda is sitting there looking not as good as her before pic.. Not impressed with this makeup range.. Does anyone here use it & like it? :)

I saw the repeats on the beauty channel this morning and I see what you mean. What a mess they made of the beautiful Amanda. The poor girl looked like she was going to burst into tears.

The trouble with using Amanda for makeup demos is that she has a very noticeable dark area above her mouth. I always wonder why they don't cover it with concealer. After all, when other models have uneven pigmentation, high colour or blemishes, they use the product to show how such things can be concealed or 'corrected'. It looks as though Amanda has an incipient moustache and spoils the 'after' look IMO.

I had not noticed this until you mentioned it, which is odd as it is a problem that I have had in the past. The make up and the application did nothing for Amanda at all and she hasn't exactly got a problematic fact to make up has she?

Latest posts

Back