Doll10 TSV 10/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn't she have cancer and then decide to do all the fillers/surgery etc to make herself feel better about herself? I wouldn't judge anyone for that.

She did, didn't she???

:mysmilie_13:

But when the camera came on her there was a big lopsided smile!!

:mysmilie_12:

Watching the repeat earlier, one of the models looks really bored at times when there is an overview camera shot. :mysmilie_476:

I ordered the light, I'm usually more of a fair but it looked far too pale even for me, I'm just worried the light might be too yellow for me as I have cool undertones. I don't like plastic surgery at all, I don't think it makes anyone look younger, it just makes them look weirder, but I do like Doris, and although I agree with the others that it wasn't a great presentation, it didn't put me off buying, it looks like really good value for money.

I agree. I do think she looks quite strange TBH, but she's definitely one of my favourite guests on Q. The Frank Usher lady (June I think) is another.

I agree, they are two very watchable ladies.

I wish she'd shown the lipstick on but other than that I thought it was ok. The colours look lovely in the case. I've ordered the Fair, first time I've tried this brand. Looking forward to it. The value is amazing, hope this means all her TSVs are going to be similar value. Back to the old terrific value TSVs unlike many overpriced ones these days.

I ordered in the fair.

Never tried this brand before but I was swayed by the comments here!

:blush:

I think I will not bother as tried the foundation and have got the brush and the concealer is only a 4g travel size and have loads of blusher. I will wait for the Mally TSV in a few weeks but think this is a great kit to try the brand.

I got Medium, hope it's not too dark. I'm Medium in Laura Geller and Medium Beige in Bare Minerals so hoping it will be OK. I'd never consider I actually have a medium skintone though, it's a shame the QVC brands don't really cater for the full range of darker tones. Bare Minerals probably does best, but they don't sell the full range of shades on QVC UK.

The foundation gives very full coverage and the main gripes are about the dropper which quite often doesn't pick up any foundation which is a little frustrating. I think the reasoning behind the dropper is to impress the idea of only needing a very small amount to cover a full face. My top tips are to shake the bottle and then unscrew the drooper and squeeze out the air from the bulb of the dropper away from the foundation inside (up near the neck of the bottle) then when I put the end into the foundation it will suck up the contents. If I squeeze out the air near the surface of the foundation it blows the product away from the dropper because the liquid is quite viscous. Hope this makes sense. TBH you can just use the foundation that coats the outside of the dropper if all else fails. I find the best application is to whack it roughly all over my face with my fingers and then buff with the dry foundation brush (this works well with other liquid and cream foundations). It saves the brush soaking up and wasting too much product and also buffs the foundation to just enough of a coating without being too thick. I use the buffing action that Bare Minerals advocate for their powder foundation. A softer brush doesn't buff as effectively.

The BB Drops is less of a primer and more of an illuminating product best added to foundation or moisturiser. Used neat on a full face would definitely need foundation over the top. On me it's too shimmery metallic to wear just under a waft of powder but added to the foundation it lifts it from a full matte look to a more dewy effect.

I've ordered the fair and the light. I currently have the light and tend to wear it when I want full coverage for a proper full face of make up. It easily covers a couple of brown age spots and also a white scar from cancer cells being removed. In fact it's the only foundation (along with Missha BB) that conceals the fact that the scar is concave as well as lacking any pigment. The light is somewhere between a neutral and yellow toned base. My skin swings from neutral to yellow (jaundice) so I tend to avoid yellow foundations preferring to use a pinker base to counteract the yellow. I wear the light but I want to try the Fair as well - DD can have the duplicate lippies and blush - I'm hoping the medium will sell out before she gets home from college otherwise she may want to try the medium foundation and I'm not ordering 3!

The foundation gives very full coverage and the main gripes are about the dropper which quite often doesn't pick up any foundation which is a little frustrating. I think the reasoning behind the dropper is to impress the idea of only needing a very small amount to cover a full face. My top tips are to shake the bottle and then unscrew the drooper and squeeze out the air from the bulb of the dropper away from the foundation inside (up near the neck of the bottle) then when I put the end into the foundation it will suck up the contents. If I squeeze out the air near the surface of the foundation it blows the product away from the dropper because the liquid is quite viscous. Hope this makes sense. TBH you can just use the foundation that coats the outside of the dropper if all else fails. I find the best application is to whack it roughly all over my face with my fingers and then buff with the dry foundation brush (this works well with other liquid and cream foundations). It saves the brush soaking up and wasting too much product and also buffs the foundation to just enough of a coating without being too thick. I use the buffing action that Bare Minerals advocate for their powder foundation. A softer brush doesn't buff as effectively.

The BB Drops is less of a primer and more of an illuminating product best added to foundation or moisturiser. Used neat on a full face would definitely need foundation over the top. On me it's too shimmery metallic to wear just under a waft of powder but added to the foundation it lifts it from a full matte look to a more dewy effect.

I've ordered the fair and the light. I currently have the light and tend to wear it when I want full coverage for a proper full face of make up. It easily covers a couple of brown age spots and also a white scar from cancer cells being removed. In fact it's the only foundation (along with Missha BB) that conceals the fact that the scar is concave as well as lacking any pigment. The light is somewhere between a neutral and yellow toned base. My skin swings from neutral to yellow (jaundice) so I tend to avoid yellow foundations preferring to use a pinker base to counteract the yellow. I wear the light but I want to try the Fair as well - DD can have the duplicate lippies and blush - I'm hoping the medium will sell out before she gets home from college otherwise she may want to try the medium foundation and I'm not ordering 3!

Wow thanks akimbo for such a useful post :mysmilie_59:
I've ordered mine in the light shade. I hope it'll be ok as I have a neutral skin tone but more yellow than pink. I use fair in Laura Geller and light in Mally so hope I've ordered the correct shade? Like you I also use Missha BB and have mine in the 21 shade although it does seem to be a tad too light and can make me look washed out. I find that mixing it with another darker foundation often works better for me giving a lovely coverage. Is 21 the shade you use too? I did contemplate ordering the medium shade in this tsv but I'm too scared it'll be too dark for me. Doris keeps on saying that if in doubt order the medium shade as 80% of people use it? Hmm doubt that with all of use pale beauties lol!!

If it helps as a guide, I already have the Light Doll10 foundation and it suits my skin tone. I wear Fair Laura Geller, and Light Bare Minerals.

For what it's worth, the Medium is quite forgiving too! My sister is a similar colouring to me but tans more easily, curses... she bought the Medium Doll10 as she prefers the warmer look.

I think I use 23 in the Missha bb but I'm definitely a Light in the Mally Foundation. Just to be really unhelpful I can wear the following Bare Minerals shades: Fair, Fairly Light, Light and Medium (Light being me on a yellow day and really only wear it in the summer).

I'm pleased with the smaller size of the concealer (already have the light in the big normal size). A small one will be good to carry around in my handbag.

One product from Doll10 that I really like (but they seem to have stopped selling) is the eye drops (eye shadow primer). Mind you I still have loads left. It's a great shadow base but the pigments rally grab on to it so definitely needs a bit of trial and error to apply less and blend quickly. I wonder whether it'll come back?

I ordered mine last night after the lovely SCW posted the details, in fair as I am - blue-white super paley! I managed to catch a very quick glimpse at 7am, and loved the look of the lipstick and gloss. It was lovely to see Doris with the calm and unhyper Jilly, although I didn't see much, what I did see was most enjoyable. Great to see a TSV at £36 inc delivery, I needed a little treat but would not have paid £40+, let alone £60+ which is where most the TSVs sit these days. I'll pass on the blush as I spend my life trying to make my cheeks look less rosey, not more so! Great to also see a lady selling beauty who is prepared to let the camera come in up close and personal, there are others who could learn from that!

Spot on Dips, Jilly didn't bark out stock updates like a demented seal.

I like the models Doris uses Jacqueline (Pouty older lady), Gemma (bleach blond hair) and Judith (short blonde cropped hair) as well as the pretty younger models who'd look good in anything. The two older models really show how good the brow product is on invisible fair, grey or non-existent eye brows. And Doris isn't treating us as stupid enough to believe a bit of slap will make me look like Nalintha.

Latest posts

Back