Doll10 TSV 10/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The blusher is pretty but disappears within minutes for me. A couple of hours on, I'm not sure the foundation is still there either :( am going to try setting it with a powder the next time I apply it ( plus I will be able to try the primer underneath next time!)
The problem is I don't wear foundation every day, only for special occasions or if I know I am going to have to have a dreaded photo taken. It can take me months to find out a foundation is rubbish on me! I do like the constancy on my dry skin though and as I said, the colour of both the concealer and foundation is a great match on me. I dint know anyone personally that the barbie pink lipstick would suit!

Last edited:
Mine is here too, it's lovely, I got the light (usually Fair in B & B), very flattering on me, not yellow at all, concealer is great, lippy and blusher very pretty. I have not tried the primer, I'm going to sell it on, I don't like shiny make up. I'm very pleased with the kit, great buy!

The primer is going for about £18 on ebay so selling yours should hopefully bring down the overall cost of the make up you keep and use...well that's one of my many creative accounting techniques I use to justify my purchases! :mysmilie_59:

The primer is going for about £18 on ebay so selling yours should hopefully bring down the overall cost of the make up you keep and use...well that's one of my many creative accounting techniques I use to justify my purchases! :mysmilie_59:

LOL, thanks Akimbo:wink:

Me neither! Why don't they just buy the TSV.

I think the reason why I opted out of the TSV and went to Ebay for the concealer alone was because the TSV was a false economy for me. The Ebay Doll 10 concealer was £10.50 delivered. The TSV P&P alone was £4.95, plus the cost of returning TSV (£3.90) - which I probably would have as the TSV purchase wouldn't have been a keeper for me, just to try quality of product

Sure, there are pluses with QVC, regarding testing all products, but in all honesty I don't trust QVC anymore regarding returning within MBG. It really is a risk thinking they might close my account, and the initial CC charge, returning to post office etc... plus I dont sell on Ebay. Oh QVC you're just NOT worth it anymore!

If all items in Doll 10 were a hit, I would have bought TSV to keep, but looking at the photographs of the ones for sale on Ebay, the blush, gloss and lipstick look a lot darker than they did in studio, so I don't think I would have been happy, and lost p&p

Aren't most of the listing using the QVC photos :smirk: Have you got your concealer yet? I notice those TSV splitter-uppers tend to cover themselves by saying they'll post at the weekend or in 4 days time :mysmilie_11:

The blusher is pretty but disappears within minutes for me. A couple of hours on, I'm not sure the foundation is still there either :( am going to try setting it with a powder the next time I apply it ( plus I will be able to try the primer underneath next time!)

I had the same feeling about the blusher and the foundation and thought that I was imagining things. I later set it with powder but don't really see the point as I thought that the foundation was supposed to be a stand alone product

I had the same feeling about the blusher and the foundation and thought that I was imagining things. I later set it with powder but don't really see the point as I thought that the foundation was supposed to be a stand alone product

I think the main reason why foundation/blush seems to disappear is based on the oil, silicone or water agents in the product and its compatibility with the skin. If people have oily skin so they should use water based foundations such as Mac Face&Body, (awesome - MAC is sure to join QVC in the future I would think) Powder, is really to set, (you are right, about not making a difference) as it will not prevent fade of product as this is down to the foundation base choice.

Primers are usually silicone based, I really dont know the 'base' ingredient of her blush, primer or foundation. However I believe that oil based or silicone based used on oily skin is not compatible and will create fade out

I hope that helps :mysmilie_3:

Last edited:
Well, today I put the full kit on, together with the Doll 10 brow product which I always use, Mally taupe eyeshadow and black eyeliner and Laura Geller black mascara. I am very pleased with the result, I look fresh faced, less lined and .... dare I say it ... younger! I can see if you have oily skin how the Doll 10 make up might "slip off", but I now (at the age of 46) have dry skin, so I haven't found that problem. As regards the previous poster (I can't remember whether it was on this thread or the Bare Minerals thread) who said the Doll 10 foundation looked caked on, I haven't found that to be the case, but then I don't wear loads of foundation, I just put one blob on my nose and then blend out to my chin and forehead, so it's just a thin layer. I am a very pale, washed out red head who without make up looks half dead, so the look I am hoping to achieve is to look more alive and less zombie like!

I don't even squeeze the dropper in the foundation I just touch the brush on the stick and its plenty to cover my whole face,I dislike heavy make-up and this just gives my skin a lovely glow as I mix the BB drops in with my moisturiser.

Used the kit yesterday. I had 2 x tan kits. Weirdly, foundation is too dark but concealer is perfect. Love the blush (tje most natural pop of pink), lipstick is ok and will be a lovely fresh pink for spring/summer. On the fence about the BB drops - started put lively last night when I attended a henna night but seemed to oxidise during the evening when I checked my make up - however could have been the poor lighting. Anyway, will sell the foundations and one BB on but the rest of tea items are lovely.

Incidentally mine came in a box fitted into plastic packaging, which surprised me because a few people on here mentioned that they had the items in a plastic bag.

Actually, just applied the lipstick and looked in the mirror - definitely a Barbie pink. I would have liked a more brown tone in the pink as that is natural - this is almost pastel.

Mine just arrived.

I have used everything but very sparingly.

My 1st thought is.......the Fair is PERFECT for me!!

I am pale as pale with an added layer of pale applied :mysmilie_19: and at the age of 55 it looks like I have finally found a suitable foundation!! :mysmilie_8:

Of course it may have faded and disappeared in an hour......I will report back.

Mine arrived yesterday, but I was away and have only had chance to look at it now, thought the medium may have been too dark for me but it is just right, like the blusher too, and the rests look great, think I will be keeping mine, :mysmilie_59:

I think the main reason why foundation/blush seems to disappear is based on the oil, silicone or water agents in the product and its compatibility with the skin. If people have oily skin so they should use water based foundations such as Mac Face&Body, (awesome - MAC is sure to join QVC in the future I would think) Powder, is really to set, (you are right, about not making a difference) as it will not prevent fade of product as this is down to the foundation base choice.

Primers are usually silicone based, I really dont know the 'base' ingredient of her blush, primer or foundation. However I believe that oil based or silicone based used on oily skin is not compatible and will create fade out

I hope that helps :mysmilie_3:

I very much doubt MAC will ever come to QVC, they do not need to as they sell themselves. Also they have strict ideas where their counters must be in a store, they like their own area and not beside other make up counters(across the aisle is okay), every collection has hoards waiting for its release. Also how will they ever sell the foundation? With NC/NW/C coding and numbers. They have never gone to any of the US based TV shopping channels, so will never come to the UK either.

I know in Belfast Debenhams the only counter in Northern Ireland, Debenhams got on their knees begging them not to leave and move to House of Fraser. They did stay and have the largest counter in the entire store and its always busy.

Mine's arrived too.
Like the blusher & lipstick, not too Barbie on me as I am very, very pale & darker colours look garish. I got the Fair foundation & to be honest it's a bit dark on me. Tried it just over moisturiser, very, very sparingly, perhaps I need to dilute it with the drops which not tried yet. Love the brush, very soft & good quality. Mine came in a fitted plastic tray inside the cardboard box.

Latest posts

Back