Does Jill Franks actually think before speaking??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another JF faux pas!

When Liz Earle was on, she (LE) said that a certain products 'had legs', because its popularity was such that it seemed to walk out the door by itself. LE isn't big on jokes, so this wasn't even a mild witticism. However, JF exploded with laughter and "that's so funny"s, to LE's obvious confusion. She was still in stitches after the ad break, repeating 'has legs' over and over as if it was the funniest thing she'd ever heard. I couldn't believe she could be so dumb as to take something as a joke that wasn't, then fail to observe that the guest looked deeply embarrassed.
I was watching when that happened, and it was such a cringeworthy moment, because, you're right, LE's comment was NOT in the least humourous, and yet JF was guffawing with laughter as if LE had just performed a stand-up comedy routine! Oh dear! I must admit, she can put me off buying anything. The worst is when she presents jewellery. It seems such an ordeal for her to speak about it, and her speech is sprinkled with "totally amaaaaazing"s and "to die for!" Ahem, I do love some of the stuff on QVC, but i don't think any of it is to die for!

I was watching when that happened, and it was such a cringeworthy moment, because, you're right, LE's comment was NOT in the least humourous, and yet JF was guffawing with laughter as if LE had just performed a stand-up comedy routine! Oh dear! I must admit, she can put me off buying anything. The worst is when she presents jewellery. It seems such an ordeal for her to speak about it, and her speech is sprinkled with "totally amaaaaazing"s and "to die for!" Ahem, I do love some of the stuff on QVC, but i don't think any of it is to die for!

oh I don't know, have you seen the lovely pendant and earrings in fish form all gold plated. I would die to be seen in them!!!!

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.as...ms.item.336433

Eeeewww!

I couldn't get that link to work, but my curiousity led me to do some detective work and I found the item you are referring to. It is truelly amaaaaazing, really classy and such a brilliant price point. It would make a great teachers present too. Infact, why not buy six and stash them away in your present draw. It will stand you in really good stead. Jump to the phones right now, because it is seriously heading towards limited stock!

Ugg!

Seriously, do you think there is anyone out there who might even for a split second think about uying it? The picture made me jump - it was so scary. Methinks the QVC buyers were a bit merry on the old mulled wine when they ordered that one in.

I don't really have feelings one way or another for Jill but crikey, it's been open season on here for her lately.
I hope she doesn't read it all.........and yes I know I put a post about her flirting with the Honora bloke the other day:thinking2:

I hope she does read it, then maybe she might improve.

Ah good ol' scary Jill!

I've not been finding her that annoying recently actually, think I may have kinda warmed to her. Mind I haven't been watching a lot of her shows.

I absolutely hate the phrase .. 'to die for' ... I wouldn't want to die for anything ... anyway .. I always have qvc on in the backround when not watching anything else, which doesn't seem to be much as there's so much carp on tv these days IMO :)

But this morning I just HAD to turn it off when Jilly was on ... she is the only presenter I really CANNOT watch ... yes JF is in second place, but Jilly, oh my everything about her as a presenter i really can't stand

I absolutely hate the phrase .. 'to die for' ... I wouldn't want to die for anything ... anyway .. I always have qvc on in the backround when not watching anything else, which doesn't seem to be much as there's so much carp on tv these days IMO :)

But this morning I just HAD to turn it off when Jilly was on ... she is the only presenter I really CANNOT watch ... yes JF is in second place, but Jilly, oh my everything about her as a presenter i really can't stand

I'm like that with her too though I have no idea why! I always want to yell at her ' FFS, Get your hair cut and have your ears pierced!' She just rubs me up the wrong way. I don't have a problem with older women and long hair, if it suits them but I don't think hers has ever suited her, it's too severe imo.....

I'm like that with her too though I have no idea why! I always want to yell at her ' FFS, Get your hair cut and have your ears pierced!' She just rubs me up the wrong way. I don't have a problem with older women and long hair, if it suits them but I don't think hers has ever suited her, it's too severe imo.....

I don't dislike Jilly but I do wish she would get her hair cut, it always looks like it needs a wash and if it was shorter maybe she could wash it a bit more often.

I don't dislike Jilly but I do wish she would get her hair cut, it always looks like it needs a wash and if it was shorter maybe she could wash it a bit more often.

I like Jilly too. I don't find her irritating despite her use of "gonna" and "wanna". I am not keen on hair that long either and, as her hair has no volume to it, it emphasizes the fact that she is rather pear shaped. She is undoubtedly a very pretty woman but I think that a new hair do would do wonders for her. Still, it must be hard to cut your hair off when it has been that long for years and years.

Oh dear, I'm not going to be very popular here !

I actually like watching Jill F, I find her amusing although I'm sure she does not intend to be! She appears completely innocent for a woman in her 40's and is obviously spoilt by Larry. Oddly enough her foibles seem to go right over my head, yet I am not so tolerant with other presenters, whose presenting styles really annoy me.

It's horses for courses - if we all liked\disliked the same presenting styles there would be some shows with no viewers !

Linda :talking:

Oh dear, I'm not going to be very popular here !

I actually like watching Jill F, I find her amusing although I'm sure she does not intend to be! She appears completely innocent for a woman in her 40's and is obviously spoilt by Larry. Oddly enough her foibles seem to go right over my head, yet I am not so tolerant with other presenters, whose presenting styles really annoy me.

It's horses for courses - if we all liked\disliked the same presenting styles there would be some shows with no viewers !

Linda :talking:

Very true! Half of the pleasure of watching is in the anticipation of a good old cringe! As I have said before, eveyone can be irritating at times, even the people that we like!

Couldn't have put it better myself. :claphands:

Does Jill fRanks actually think before speaking?

no, it gives her a headache:wonder2::blush::blush::blush:

I think the question should be 'CAN JF think before speaking'!! Maybe if she got a decent meal inside of her occasionally she might actually have enough brain fuel about her to string an intelligent sentence together. Sorry, that's really mean I know but she's one of the worst airheads on TV IMHO...

:devil:

This morning in the Philosophy show she was talking about the gift boxes that the TSV comes in and how they come flat packed and the reason for this is so that they go through your door easier!!!! So what do they do with the bottles then Jill??? :rolleyes:

The other night with Liz Earle they were going to the break and she announced there would be plenty more from her after the break and Liz and the team. In that order. Unbelievable.

i thought exactly the same sazza. Since when do Hermes put 5 bloomin big bottles through the letterbox. i really wish she'd engage her brain before speaking.

I can't believe that no-one in the gallery is listening to what she says

On at least 6 occasions in the last hour she has described the tube in 227861 as containing body butter. It is HAND CREAM!!!! She even rubbed it all over her arms and raved about the texture. Insipid Robin didn't correct her - I'm sure Lee would have been able to read the writing on the tube.

There may be some unhappy people who buy the kit who discover hand cream instead of body butter.

Sorry for moaning but she gets on my nerves :(

And Jilly should cut off that dreadful hair, get her ears pierced, wear a bit more make-up and buy some new clothes. Can't stand her :(

Didn't realise I was in such a bad mood this morning :(

Latest posts

Back