do you use your 30day MBG

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would like to praise you two, really I would. However, you may not reurn much but you still buy quite a lot (especially Watersiren) . Queenie has limited her spending and therefore is worthy of my praise.:mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_1735:<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><V:p

I would like to praise you two, really I would. However, you may not reurn much but you still buy quite a lot (especially Watersiren) . Queenie has limited her spending and therefore is worthy of my praise.:mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_210::mysmilie_1631::mysmilie_1620:

I bought loads when I first discovered QVC (about 5 years aga) and didn't send back some things that I should have. This year in particular, I have really cut back on buying. I don't get sucked into TSVs - prefer to wait, read the reviews and then buy at a slightly higher price.

As for sending back used products, I have sent back stuff that I have used - I thought the whole point of the 30 DMBG is that you have the confidence to buy things from the telly that you can't touch/taste/smell/test, knowing full well that if you don't like them, you can always send them back. I have returned a Philosophy TSV which had no fragrance, but it took a few uses until I felt sure I didn't want to keep it. I have also sent back an Eve Lom cleanser, after giving it a good go. I don't see what the problem is, as long as QVC don't have the nerve to then repackage it and send it out to someone else.

If I ordered clothing, which I never do, and I knew straight away that it wasn't for me, I would send it straight back.

However, I have lost count of the times presenters have said, "try it, use /wear it for 30 days, and if you don't like it, send it back for a full refund".

The only 'used' item i've sent back was a NN bedding set. Should never have got it out of its clear plastic though. I knew when I saw it the colour wasn;t quite right for me. But thought I'd see if it grew on me. Then after a week and being laundered decided to send back afterall. What a palaver it was squeezing it back into the packaging...

I'm sure QVC rely on customers not being bothered to send back items they don;t really love 100%

I used to be awful at sending things back but I just feel so bad looking at something i should have returned so I'm now much better at making use of the MBG than I used to be. I really make the effort these days (Return rate bedamned! :D)

I never order anything half expecting to send it back but if it's shite then I have to really don't I?

Last year I ordered the Pedpro because AY said it was the most effective thing she'd ever used on her feet and as I know she has used PediKur Liquid and microplane I was impressed by that. The guest presenter said it was as effective as a Chiropodist visit. Unfortunately they were both telling whopping great porkies and I found the Pedpro useless and returned it after two weeks of trying to find the effectiveness she spoke of.

On air they said that a Nina Leonard top that I ordered could be worn as a drop waist top - but they neglected to mention the caveat - only if your hips measure less than your waist :rolleyes:- so that went back.

Sue Devitt Primer went back because it made my skin look and feel as if it had been plasticized and suffocated and I literally wanted to claw it off. Hideous weird stuff! AY said it was perfect for humid conditions and could replace my moisturiser but I found that neither were true for me.

George Simonton Trousers went back because they were made of some kind of inferior fabric reminiscent of bri nylon and drip dry shirts, which to add insult to injury showed every detail of the lace on my pants through the fabric and felt uncomfortably clingy, sparky and staticky to wear. Needless to say, none of these unique design features had been alluded to on air! :mysmilie_73:

Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder was returned because Paul the BB guest said that even the fairest of complexions could use one of the shades being sold for a natural sunkissed look. I have never been able to use any bronzer before but I ordered it because I believed him, partly because BB is one of the few ranges that does foundation pale enough for me. Unfortunately, despite being skilled enough with a make up brush that I often get asked to people's make up for weddings, proms, first dates and interviews etc I was unable to apply the bronzer in any way that didn't make me loook muddy and splodgy.

Mally blusher went back because although as previously mentioned I am too pale for most make up range's foundation shades I couldn't really get the blusher to show up on me properly! :eek:

Mally Primer went back because it was really heavy and like smearing refrigerated lard on my face.

An Alpha H kit should have gone back because one of the items had been used but I didn't realise that until too late. One item was also missing but QVC replaced that.

We have a 3 dvrs so a while ago I began to tape presentations and keep them on the machine until after I have received the item and been happy because of the number of times that CS have said "They wouldn't have said that" on air and I know they did.

My New New Year Resolution for 2010 is to kick up a stink every time it becomes apparent that they have misled us. I'm still really angry about the "Hotel formula" Elemis that we bought thinking it was the real deal, and the Philosophy TSV made especially for QVC in which all the fragrances smelled watered down. I've put a PostIt on my Pc at home and at work which says

Hotel Formula

PedPro

The DX

on it and I think that will probably do the trick!

Last edited:
:mysmilie_17: fab!!!

L'Akin, to use the 30day MBG, you must first receive the items. The DX is taking care of everything...:mysmilie_697:

Well you would think so my darling wouldn't you?

But QVC CS in their infinite wisdom mark undelivered by DX parcels as Returned so they still count against my returns tally.

The DX do save me the trouble of actually trying out the items I order though so that's sweet of them! :D

That would definitely cure me of my QVC habit for good though if QVC went over to DX for all their parcels. People can't take days off work for flippin' couriers!

Well you would think so my darling wouldn't you?

But QVC CS in their infinite wisdom mark undelivered by DX parcels as Returned so they still count against my returns tally.

The DX do save me the trouble of actually trying out the items I order though so that's sweet of them! :D

That would definitely cure me of my QVC habit for good though if QVC went over to DX for all their parcels. People can't take days off work for flippin' couriers!

:mysmilie_1667:

Latest posts

Back