Do you remember your "first time"?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
What was your first ever post on ST.com?

I can't remember mine, I wish I could. We've had about 3 database rebuilds since then aswell. I do know that I didn't mess about lurking, as soon as I found the site I was signed up and got stuck in.

There was a lot of FM fighting back then!

I don't remember my first post, but I remember we were always losing the past when Graham had to upgrade the server.How many times did the joined date change? I can remember there was some feisty behaviour.

No, but I remember the first thing I bought on QVC - a memory foam topper. One of the best items l've bought on QVC. Not a lurker either straight in the fray.

I remember i used to lurk and read the forum and one day i couldn't get through to it, kept saying ", cannot display this page" and me
being a silly billy decided it was because i had lurked too much. So i kept on checking and then when things returned to normal i then
took the plunge and joined. And the site had gone down for a couple of days so everyone had the same problem. I probably wouldn't have
chosen my silly SparklyBarbs name, but it was a rushed decision

I think mine was 2004. Something to do with Smashbox mini lipglosses. Helena introduced me. Can't remember her forum name but she is long gone from ST.
Have seen many comings and goings and comings.
I found some pictures on my computer the other day I had taken off the TV of someone who claimed she was a famous model. Can't remember who she was but she disappeared after that when it all came out.

What was your first ever post on ST.com?

I can't remember mine, I wish I could. We've had about 3 database rebuilds since then aswell. I do know that I didn't mess about lurking, as soon as I found the site I was signed up and got stuck in.

There was a lot of FM fighting back then!
I think there's a pretty good chance your first post was about Julia and how wonderful she was :heart:

Haven't a clue. It was quite a few years ago, I remember when we lost everything and had to start again. I think my first post after the last restart was probably about makeup, I think BE mineral veil.

I lurked for ages. I enjoyed reading through the old threads. Loved reading the spats, some right humdingers ! How long has the site been going ? Anyone been here from the beginning ? I don't always post but I always look forward to reading the posts. It's not a silly name SparklyBarbs.

I lurked for ages. I enjoyed reading through the old threads. Loved reading the spats, some right humdingers ! How long has the site been going ? Anyone been here from the beginning ? I don't always post but I always look forward to reading the posts. It's not a silly name SparklyBarbs.
My daughter calls me Barberella, not that i look like that, LOL but i sort of got used to it now (Barberella). Mind you today she
was e mailing me calling me Mrs 60 so i suppose i shouldn't really listen to her :)

I'm not certain but I would guess I would have posted "hi I'm new". I do know I used to use my own picture as my avatar. I only use one other forum and that's a private community so it didn't occur to me I ought to be a little more covert.

Tinkerbelle is an old pet name and one I've used on forums etc wherever possible.

I lurked for ages before posting. I can't remember what it was about. I loved all the forum fracas! It's a lot quieter and more 'civilized' now (sadly :devil:).

I think mine was 2004. Something to do with Smashbox mini lipglosses. Helena introduced me. Can't remember her forum name but she is long gone from ST.
Have seen many comings and goings and comings.
I found some pictures on my computer the other day I had taken off the TV of someone who claimed she was a famous model. Can't remember who she was but she disappeared after that when it all came out.

Ah yes. One of the famous Trolls on st.com. She was a pensioner, owned a health food shop near Harrods, was launching her own skin care range on QVC even going for a meeting with the buyers and AY. Had an opinion everything QVC. In the end we were not even sure it was a woman.
A number of people had a feeling something was not right and we met in secret to discuss it. But as with all Trolls they catch themselves out in the end.

I remember i used to lurk and read the forum and one day i couldn't get through to it, kept saying ", cannot display this page" and me
being a silly billy decided it was because i had lurked too much. So i kept on checking and then when things returned to normal i then
took the plunge and joined. And the site had gone down for a couple of days so everyone had the same problem. I probably wouldn't have
chosen my silly SparklyBarbs name, but it was a rushed decision

I don't think it's silly either, it makes me think you are very vivacious and bubbly! Am I correct? :mysmilie_506:

Feb join

I joined only 11 months ago, and can't 'member. Heck, I can't 'member if I brushed my teeth this morning! lol I think your name is lovely, SparklyBarbs! But I keep changing it to BarklySparbs. Don't know why, I just do! It's JustRight in Snarly'sMind. I hope my name is tongue-in-cheek, but if I get tetchy, you have been warned. I remember when I joined, that I hoped a CertainPoster wouldn't put-me-in-their-sights, as they were very caustic and went-for-the-jugular. That poster's now gone. *phew*

I don't think it's silly either, it makes me think you are very vivacious and bubbly! Am I correct? :mysmilie_506:
Ah thanks Nora. I suppose i am chatty and bubbly, (had to look vivacious up) to make sure i had those qualities, and i like to think i have. I'm a people
person, chat to everyone, even in shops etc, suppose it comes with the job :)

Ah yes. One of the famous Trolls on st.com. She was a pensioner, owned a health food shop near Harrods, was launching her own skin care range on QVC even going for a meeting with the buyers and AY. Had an opinion everything QVC. In the end we were not even sure it was a woman.
A number of people had a feeling something was not right and we met in secret to discuss it. But as with all Trolls they catch themselves out in the end.

Oh I missed that. Brilliant! I've seen on other forums where someone disappears after some ruck and then a new member pops up a few days/weeks later and sooner or later everyone works out its a reincarnation. Writing style usually gives it away. Some people even have two "personas" on the same forum! Very interesting to work it out and sit back and watch.

Latest posts

Back