Do we need a reminder?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One of our closest friends died yesterday, his heart operation was cancelled when we went under house arrest & they were concerned he wouldn't survive many weeks without it being done. Their daughter & her family can't get back from the US & so his wife was on her own. We have the same gp & he stayed with her for some time & asked if there was anyone she could have come to stay with her, she told me she was amazed to hear him say this but he said she's been shielding for so long she's 'pure' & that most people who have spent the last seven weeks just going out for walks & doing their shopping are as well. He then talked about how many of his patients who needed operations or treatment have died or had their lives severely affected by the NHS having covid-19 short-sight. I wanted her to stay with us but she said it wasn't fair because she has a dog & we have our cat. She ended our call saying at least the dog would like being able to go out for a walk rather than just running around their garden so we're going to have catch ups on our drives & if it's warm enough we'll put out socially distanced chairs & G&Ts. Bless both of them.
I think under the latest government advice on the mainland you may find you are able to have slightly closer contact with your friend than before. IMO this is the sort of situation where the new rules should be encouraged rather than Dheads having a BBQ on the beach miles from home -yes Ramsey we mean people like you.

So sorry for you and hope you can get together soon.

I think under the latest government advice on the mainland you may find you are able to have slightly closer contact with your friend than before. IMO this is the sort of situation where the new rules should be encouraged rather than Dheads having a BBQ on the beach miles from home -yes Ramsey we mean people like you.

Thank you 💐

One of our closest friends died yesterday, his heart operation was cancelled when we went under house arrest & they were concerned he wouldn't survive many weeks without it being done. Their daughter & her family can't get back from the US & so his wife was on her own. We have the same gp & he stayed with her for some time & asked if there was anyone she could have come to stay with her, she told me she was amazed to hear him say this but he said she's been shielding for so long she's 'pure' & that most people who have spent the last seven weeks just going out for walks & doing their shopping are as well. He then talked about how many of his patients who needed operations or treatment have died or had their lives severely affected by the NHS having covid-19 short-sight. I wanted her to stay with us but she said it wasn't fair because she has a dog & we have our cat. She ended our call saying at least the dog would like being able to go out for a walk rather than just running around their garden so we're going to have catch ups on our drives & if it's warm enough we'll put out socially distanced chairs & G&Ts. Bless both of them.

Sorry to hear this T, really am ❤️

Yes, & do look out for your friend, T. Could you put puss in another room with all his bits & bobs? Depends on the dog, I suppose. Mine would be a right pest, even though he lived very nicely with Cato for 5 years....

Yes, & do look out for your friend, T. Could you put puss in another room with all his bits & bobs? Depends on the dog, I suppose. Mine would be a right pest, even though he lived very nicely with Cato for 5 years....
Thank you 💐 I've given it a lot of thought. Sox lives on his nerves, not that you'd think it to look at him, so he'd probably be traumatised & Chester's a lively, cheerful two year old. I also don't want to force her to make any decisions, we live in adjacent roads & can see each other's homes from bedroom windows so have set up a morning 10 o'clock wave system if she's alright, text message from me if no sign of her. I stood on the pavement outside her house yesterday, had a chat & slid a box with flowers & a cake up the drive to her. Just to make matters worse we both know one of the patients our gp was talking about who has had an amputation because district nurses didn't visit her & the effect that will have on this lovely lady's life is unthinkable. Dark days.

Twilight, it’s at times like these that people with kind hearts shine through, you are one of those.
Look after you and yours x
Thank you, you're very kind & I hope you & all you love stay safe 💐 I completely lost it this morning when I said to my husband that this is the worst time of her life & nobody has hugged her or even just touched her hand.

Latest posts

Back