Do Presenters choose their own outfits - or is it by a QVC Stylist?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
This astounds me, don't want to be rude but some presenters look so drab and some of these clothes they wear are very unflattering.

Do they choose their outfits or are they told what to wear depending on upcoming shows etc. etc.

There are a few that always look lovely, so why can't they all look at least smart and stylish??? :mysmilie_7:

Do Presenters choose their own outfits - or is it by a QVC Stylist?

Imo you only have to look at some of the outfits to realise QVC don't seem to have any real stylists. I would think in the case of fashion shows they are told what to wear but other times I would have thought it was up to the presenter....

I think it varies considerably according to what is scheduled and what are the personal tastes of the presenters.

Before a clothing show, the guest and presenter have a rail of clothes to be shown in the hour to choose from.

If there are back-to-back clothing shows, the presenter may end up wearing part of the outfit from one brand and part from another... especially if they can switch out one item for the second show. Generally the women presenting a fashion show have to wear the brand.

Generally it seems rare to see the really slim presenters (Jackie Kabler, Jill Franks, Pipa, Sara Griffiths, Ali Keenan) regularly wearing QVC brands.
Ali Young wearing QVC fashion is an event in itself.
The men, luckily for them, only seem to get roped in to the Christmas jumpers.
Marv regularly wears QVC fashion. Julia also. Anne Dawson tends to just wear Yong Kim or Join, or Marla Wynne, or non-QVC.
Chloe seems to avoid QVC fashion as much as possible and when she can adapts to her own style.
Jilly Halliday seems not to wear QVC fashion unless forced to by her schedule.
Catherine Huntley will for preference wear Onjenu, or will wear other fairly fitted dresses from other brands. Same with Claire Sutton.
Kathy rather has to wear QVC fashion seeing as she does her fashion show! I'd say she's the only one who is regularly dressed by a stylist. The others have only themselves to blame/congratulate.

Then there is Debbie... who seems to possess a) only QVC clothing, and b) no talent for chosing an outfit that suits her. It's pretty much a shocker if she isn't wearing QVC fashion at home or at work, judging from her attire in all the pictures she posts of herself on her own blog on QVC.

Catherine Huntley talks about QVC running through her like a stick of rock. Debbie actually walks the walk rather than just talking the talk.

Some of the presenters seem to have a natural gift for dressing well to suit their figures, with only occasional lapses into fashion disaster. I'd put Pipa, Ali Keenan and Jackie Kabler at the top of the tree for a fashion gift. I think Jilly and Anne both dress well for their bodyshapes.

Bottom of the tree without hesitation are Debbie and Ali Young. Debbie at least has the excuse that she's shopping QVC fashion. Ali Young doesn't have that excuse.

Whoever is responsible for the so called fashion needs to be sacked as most of it is dire to say the least. Some of the presenters do look stylish in their own clothes but most of them could do with the help of a stylist for clothes and hair.

Most of the presenters are like QVC itself ie.stuck in a rut. We all laugh at JF and her one shoulder tops, DF and her Jack Sparrow boots, white slingbacks, leggings and swingy tops, JR and her squashing into a small anything and AY and her awful workmans style jumpsuits, square shaped dresses and padded shoulders, not to mention Jilly and her baggy black pants, flat shoes and unstyled hair and so on and so on. My being able to recite their fashion faux pas literally off by heart, just proves that most of them have been wearing the same old, same old, for years.
Viewers know exactly what they`re going to see on whatever show the presenters work and yes they might have to wear a tsv which may or may not suit them but there are many shows they could come into their own and show what is or isn`t their own style. Sadly "style" is something most of them lack and not only does Q`s fashion buying need a major overhaul but the presenters do too. No wonder its all so damned boring !

Whoever is responsible for the so called fashion needs to be sacked as most of it is dire to say the least. Some of the presenters do look stylish in their own clothes but most of them could do with the help of a stylist for clothes and hair.

Yes - but never, ever, a stylist hired by QVC! :mysmilie_47:

The number of posts on their facebook page asking about the top/dress etc whatever presenter is wearing is endless. The general answer is usually its their own and not from QVC.:mysmilie_17:

CHuntley and DF are usually something QVC.

I've asked on occasion what Pipa is wearing on air as I've thought that it's the kind of thing I'd like to see them sell, but the replies back have always been that it is the presenter's own clothing. As for QVC's "fashion", as evidenced by today's shows, I sit in front of the telly aghast at the prices they charge for some of this rubbish. All endless tops that are all the same, regardless of the brand. The slept-in look rubbish and where did Marla Wynn go with her style and prices? Off to QVC's cloud cuckooland? Her stuff used to be quite nice. Add on that ubiquitous extortionate P&P and you have every reason not to buy and go elsewhere. If it's not dull and boring, it's too expensive. I know IW's fashion offerings aren't always wonderful but they prove you can get similar looks for a fraction of the price.

Yep - any time you like something a presenter is wearing and ask, it's never a QVC brand. Surely that should tell them something?

I feel sorry for the models who have to wear the stuff - imagine they get embarrassed when they are up and down that catwalk!
++

Well its said DF is tiny in the flesh so it must be QVC clothes that don`t do anything for her!! I think Chloe struggles with most QVC offerings too I think that`s why she wears those faded jeans and animal print boots which for me don`t flatter at all !! The others have been listed so we know the ones who are able to dress themselves well and can carry off most of the QVC `fashion` too and those that fail miserably Also to say how long QVC have been on screen its taking them an awfully long time to get stylists who can actually `style` ...sometime I think they`ve been in the dressing up box with how they accessorise as it seems anything will do as long as they do it !!

Carla (Tig bags) was always well turned out and wore very well fitted dresses. Then she started representing some of the brands when the "designer" couldn't be arsed to come over and she looks awful wearing the various ranges. Yet when doing the bags again she reverts to the smart dresses so I reckon the fault is entirely at Q's door.

Nicki from Birkenstocks seems a lovely lady but she seems to be Mrs QVC and I'm sorry to say, like myself, she is definitely not the shape to carry off the stuff which she seems to actually buy (rather than having to wear it).

Thanks for enlightening me!

Always been curious as some can look dreadful. As you say Pippa, Jackie and Sarah do carry off some of the fashions and look good!

As for the others, maybe they should shop more in the High Street :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back