Do I need EasiYo in my life?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

qvcAddict

Registered Shopper
Finally watched a show on this earlier and they almost had me convinced that I should buy this!

So some kind advice please:

Will it just become another gadget like my ice cream machine I never used because I could buy perfectly good ice cream at the supermarket for less effort, or the slicer that I realised was mostly more trouble than a simple knife?

How does the cost compare with bought yoghurt?

Do they taste good?

Finally does anyone use the contraption to make non easiyo yoghurt?

Many thanks :D

I can't answer all your queries, but I can tell you that they are very yummy and extremely easy and convenient. Lakeland do it as well.

Argey

Thank you and one more question please. Are the ingredients good because qvc are very good at claiming on air that items don't contain something but omitting the rest of info! Bought calico fudge once and would not have had I seen ingredients first.

I watched the show this afternoon too and have to say, i am also tempted so will be interested to see what others have to say!!

thought to consider: it is great yoghurt but both kids have now left home (hurray but I miss them) and there is just too much of it for 2 people. So now it stands in the corner gathering dusk. You can also get these items in one of the health stores like Julian Graves I think.

I love the idea of healthy yoghurt - I eat with fresh fruit and two hours later I roll around the floor with a raging belly ache!

My OH loves it and I bought him a YM for Christmas. He's made batch after batch - all sorts - and the batch lasts in the fridge for about a week. He does eat it every day.

You can buy from QVC, but also look at WAHL, Lakeland and Julian Graves.

I got one from e-bay because I wasn't sure if it would become one of those useless items in the kitchen. It's not bad, I don't regret getting one, but don't use it that often now because I'm very limited to the flavours I can get - many of them go the revolting gloopy consistency which I don't like.

It's in a cupboard now, but I will probably use it now and again.

It's not bad, I don't regret getting one, but don't use it that often now because I'm very limited to the flavours I can get - many of them go the revolting gloopy consistency which I don't like.
I brought one & all was well yumyum. But then I found I didn't like the consistency, I don't know if it was a change in their packets or me buying new flavours..... but the consistency was not nice & I am a greedy person who will scoff a lot lol

The consistency was like silicone.....or gluey....definately not a nice natural yoghurt type

I brought one & all was well yumyum. But then I found I didn't like the consistency, I don't know if it was a change in their packets or me buying new flavours..... but the consistency was not nice & I am a greedy person who will scoff a lot lol

The consistency was like silicone.....or gluey....definately not a nice natural yoghurt type

I agree, very slimey and sticky. And they smell lovely when you mix it with milk but not so nice when soured end yoghurty lol! I always end up only eating about one serving and wasting the rest. Not my best ever purchase.

I love it!!

Don't give up on the idea qvcaddict!
I love it and there are no 'nasties' in it at all - so it's much better than a lot of the supermarket stuff.

I only use the regular Greek one which is thicker than the rest but without having any thickeners in it. I also sometimes strain it to make it extra creamy (in a sieve lined with kitchen paper overnight in the fridge)

I have to say that it took a couple of tastings to get used to the flavour because it is different to shop bought ones. That's why I think buying it from QVC was a good idea - then if you decide it's not for you it can go back.

Having bought the kit from QVC I now get the packs of mix from Lakeland as it's cheaper - no extra p&P!

I use mine fairly frequently, though i only do the drinking yoghurt and the greek. Don't like the taste of the sweetened ones at all. Once i figured out that in winter I had to put warmer water in it, it was fine. OH loves the drinking one because he has medication to take and the thickness helps get the tablets down. The greek is lower fat than most store brand greek and i can add sugar to taste or not. Lasts about 2 weeks.

dead easy to make the yogurt,I am a newbie to easiyo but have just started making the greek,my son loves it and so do I but no one else eats it,it tends to last days as only the two of us eat it!! it is rather sour too,I know its supposed to be but next time I'd try the sweet greek I think
I'm glad I got mine,now just need to try the other flavours now

I make it for myself, except from time to time as a giveaway to friends/family. I don't get the gloopy thing, mine mostly sets firm. It does go gloopy if your mix is stale though. Its a shame you don't know somebody with one who could give you a taster.

This may be completely obvious Queenie, but the greek is unsweetened - you add your own to taste. I tried the sweetened and it was too sweet for me. The good thing for some folks with the greek is that you can either add sugar or a sweetener if you wish. I like mine mild too, so I take it out between 6-7 hours, rather than 8+. Sorry if you have already tried this!

I bought one about 10+ years ago from Lakeland when they first started doing them. I used it for a while but as with all the other machines (yes I have an ice-cream maker, bread maker, popcorn maker etc) it gathered dust until I moved house and chucked it. It is also a considered purchase to spend like £20 on yoghurt at a time to buy the sachets.

I'm so please I've read this thread because I was thinking of buying for my OH. I buy two huge natural yogurts for him ever week and most of it gets eaten. We have avacado salad a lot and I mix a little mint sauce to the yogurt to put on top. I may look at the one in Lakeland now as I have just received the catalogue.

I've been using Easi-Yo for a couple of years now and we absolutely love them. I recently bought the ice-cream mixes/box set and we were very pleased with that also. I've never had any problems with the yogurt setting, it lasts ages and we've used them in lots of different dishes from breakfast throughout to supper! I actually prefer it to store bought yogurt (as previously, I hated yogurt!) and my 7 year old absolutely loves the drinking yogurts and the fruit squirts. Definately one of the best purchases I've made on QVC, although I also get supplies from Lakeland too. :)

This may be completely obvious Queenie, but the greek is unsweetened - you add your own to taste. I tried the sweetened and it was too sweet for me. The good thing for some folks with the greek is that you can either add sugar or a sweetener if you wish. I like mine mild too, so I take it out between 6-7 hours, rather than 8+. Sorry if you have already tried this!

thanks for the tip and yes I know its unsweetened,just takes a bit of getting used to I think,as I said I am fairly new to easiyo aswell so I will try to do that and take it out after 7 hours as you said x

Latest posts

Back