Disgruntled with QVC re lemon & orange plants dying

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Citrus palnts are not easy. We have had a lemon tree in the garden for the last three years. Only had lemons on when we bought. Never since, although we do get some blooms. It survived two winters outside but the third one was a bad one and killed it. It used to lose its leaves in the winter - although they are meant to be evergreen - and wuld not start to grow again until late in May - so don't give up just yet.

I bought the 'super' poppies a few weeks ago. They are just about dead and I have taken care of them. I just can't be bothered to send them back. Not sure how you do - in all the 10 pots RJ told us to plant them up in?

You don't have to send them back Snuffles. When I last bought plants from QVC, 2 summers ago, there were several plants which either died soon after receipt or looked decidedly sick on receipt and they just replaced them. Just phone QVC and they should re-order them for you or refund if the plants are no longer in stock.

I rarely purchase any plants/gardening products from QVC. Although I've had, on the whole, success with many of the plants (and a handful of failures), I've found most of what I want cheaper at the local nursery AND I get exactly what I want instead of a load of "extras" that I don't want.

Citrus palnts are not easy. We have had a lemon tree in the garden for the last three years. Only had lemons on when we bought. Never since, although we do get some blooms. It survived two winters outside but the third one was a bad one and killed it. It used to lose its leaves in the winter - although they are meant to be evergreen - and wuld not start to grow again until late in May - so don't give up just yet.

I bought the 'super' poppies a few weeks ago. They are just about dead and I have taken care of them. I just can't be bothered to send them back. Not sure how you do - in all the 10 pots RJ told us to plant them up in?

Snuffles ring CS and let them know - I have never had to send plants back! They should just refund you.

I phoned QVC a few days ago and explained how disappointed I was to find that my citrus plants have died, even though I have lovingly looked after them, and the friendly lady said that she'd pass it on and QVC would come back to me. This morning I received a cheque to cover the cost, so I am very impressed with their customer service.

I phoned QVC a few days ago and explained how disappointed I was to find that my citrus plants have died, even though I have lovingly looked after them, and the friendly lady said that she'd pass it on and QVC would come back to me. This morning I received a cheque to cover the cost, so I am very impressed with their customer service.

Wow, thats great CS

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Thanks for the advice re the 'super' poppies. I have phoned QS and they did not offer a refund but will get a second set sent out for me.

XXX

I don't think the irritating little gnome has ever graced up with a 'useful gardening tip'! I really don't know why they bother with him, anybody could present the gardening hours the way he does, he has to be the dullest, most repetitive presenter on QVC!

'.....but look at the flowers Charlie/Dale/Julian/whoever........300 flowers this year, 3,000 flowers next year, then 6,580,999 the next year........& they're so easy to grow........& hardy.........& look at the flowers.......'! :25:

I have always found him to be most helpful if I have e-mailed him.

I'm very disappointed as the three orange and lemon trees I purchased last year seem to have died. There is no green showing, they are just twigs and I have looked right at the bottom of these twigs, but there is no life. I have never had lemons or oranges on them and I took them in over the winter, so I have really looked after them and fed them weekly with the correct citrus feed. :(

Hi backstreetgirl :1: Glad you posted this message..

Hmm.. I also have two twig plants, they arrived with teeny-weeny fruits on them, but looked very frail and soon turned into twigs - one came back to life for a bit.. and I got really excited but NOPE its a twig-plant again.

Mind you, the twigs have been a BIG talking point in my Conservatory for a while :25: but I decided last week to finally bin them (quite miss them now tho. LOL)

Seriously, I have replaced them with RJ Giant Begonias, I've had great success with them in the past and have them all over the garden... Fabulous!!

but I agree the Lemon and Orange trees are most definitely TWIG Trees :(

ps. I also have the Olive & Fig Trees.. they are growing beautifully and are really healthy.. no complaints at all!

Hi JillzzZ. it's such a shame that you didn't contact CS as they would have replaced them or refunded them. :( Isn't it annoying though, Richard Jackson made them sound so easy to grow and you do everything by the book and they end up as twigs, grrr.

I just received notification that sofa-spud had left a message on this thread but there's nothing there from him/her! Strange. :confused: It said:

2 year warranty on plants? do me a favour! 30 day money back and thats it! I find the idea of buying plants from anywhere but a garden centre just weird really!

Where's it gone? :52:

Every year I say I am not going to buy anymore rubbishy plants from qvc as they always die - then I get talked into how wonderful the latest tsv is and surcumb!!! The begonias in the flower pouches were carp - the sweetpeas in the baskets were rubbish. This year I gave in and got the tree peonies - and they are still alive (at the moment) and I have a couple of buds on two of them - watch this space as they will probably be dead by next year.

Why oh why do I never learn.

I know what you mean Rosey, I've been the same, but I'm going to think twice now before ordering any more plants. Richard Jackson must be doing something right though in his presenting as he gets us all to buy the plants etc! His enthusiasm has me believing I can achieve fantastic results and I usually reach quickly for the phone.....'before they sell out'.....

OMG Rosey.. you just reminded me, yes my sweet peas in baskets were rubbish too, so were my purple tulips in purple pots (never did see a tulip) pots are nice tho :33:

Well, I am now growing his table-tops salad potatoes they seem to being doing VERY well, but not sure how you know when the potatoes are ready?? Do the plants have to flower 1st? then what??? I can't remember :eek:

Please does anyone know about potatoes? :confused:

OMG Rosey.. you just reminded me, yes my sweet peas in baskets were rubbish too, so were my purple tulips in purple pots (never did see a tulip) pots are nice tho :33:

Well, I am now growing his table-tops salad potatoes they seem to being doing VERY well, but not sure how you know when the potatoes are ready?? Do the plants have to flower 1st? then what??? I can't remember :eek:

Please does anyone know about potatoes? :confused:

I'm sure you wait till the flowers die and then the potato's are ready for digging up. If you leave them in the ground longer you will get bigger poptato's and better value for money.
You could also try and uncover some of the soil to see if you have any potato's.

Citrus trees are very susceptible to rapid variations in temperature. A conservatory can be a really bad place for them especially if it gets very hot in the day and then cold at night.

Keep a Lemon tree in the house near a bright window or patio door away from a radiator. They should only be placed outdoors for the first few years during the warmest summer months. June to Mid September then bought inside. Even when established they would need to be protected in the coldest winters outside

You are much better spending your money on an established tree in at least a 7-10 ltr pot. I recently picked up a bargain from Crocus who were selling large Lemon trees at half price.

Small trees are just not worth the effort as they die so easily without precise care

Stuart

I'm sure you wait till the flowers die and then the potato's are ready for digging up. If you leave them in the ground longer you will get bigger poptato's and better value for money.
You could also try and uncover some of the soil to see if you have any potato's.

ThanQ 4 this info .. all very exciting! :1:

Latest posts

Back