Diet Chef TSV 31/01/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the fear of hunger is very interesting. You know you are getting enough food to live well on, you know you are not in a famine situation and where your next meal is coming from, so why not just allow yourself to feel hungry until you get used to the smaller portions? It sounds like a psychological barrier - there is nothing harmful or wrong in feeling hunger, if you know you're getting the right amount of food. We don't have to give in to every impulse that strikes us.

So many people eat out of habit, out of boredom or mindlessly while doing something else, you have to change your behaviour and your mindset before you can change your weight. And QVC can't sell you that in sachets!

it's not a fear just a feeling that most people find unpleasant. if it was so easy to ignore, there would be no overweight people.

I just watched the video presentation on the QVC website and right at the beginning, when it starts with the guest and DF chatting to each other, you can clearly hear the guest say "...it's because I'm not a proper nutritionist"! Then DF realises they are live, snaps to action, laughs over her guest and starts talking to the camera. It's hilarious.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...MSG=TSV_OTO_INSTOCK&ddkey=http:TSVItemDisplay

I have avoided the presentations all day as I know I will be temped and cant afford it, also the portion sizes scare the hell out of me. I know they say supplement it with veg but I know Id supplement it with Ice cream ,flakes, crisps, croissants etc. So whats the point forking out, in fact whats the point with a fork at all, there only one mouthful there.

I just watched the video presentation on the QVC website and right at the beginning, when it starts with the guest and DF chatting to each other, you can clearly hear the guest say "...it's because I'm not a proper nutritionist"! Then DF realises they are live, snaps to action, laughs over her guest and starts talking to the camera. It's hilarious.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...MSG=TSV_OTO_INSTOCK&ddkey=http:TSVItemDisplay

Hahaha! Just seen it ooops! :giggle:

Everyone is correct, it is about getting used to smaller portions & eating fresh fruit & veg. I saw a vid of me & my friends on a nite out years ago & was horrified to see that I looked podgy & it wasn't doing me any favours. Subsequently I lost the weight. I bought DC last year in a bit of a panic to be honest, wanted lasting results & believed the speel Q were reeling off in the presentation, & wanted to maintain weight loss, (oh yeh & I was a tad tipsy lol)!
Someone mentioned about cooking your own low fat nutritional food in bulk, couldn't agree more! Cottage pies done with loads of veg & realeat veggie mince, chilli etc.
Watch the rice too, particularly white. A good nutritionist told me that jacket potatoes & wholewheat pasta were far better, he was right!
I lost about 2 stone several years ago & never put it back on despite my panic that I would. It can be done.

Last edited:
Well, I incorporated the HIT principle into my 30mins cross-training this evening, and I can really feel it! In future, I'll build it into the end of my session not the start. From what I understood from last night's programme, this will help with heart health and sugar regulation, but 6mins HITs 3 times a week will not replace the calorie burning that I get from my 4 hrs a week.

Back onto the Diet Chef, I think that LookWhatWe'veFound are one of the suppliers to DC, but some items are exclusive to DC. I really like some of the LWWF soups and they used to do a Mushroom Stroganoff that was absolutely delish, but I think has been delisted. The DC's granolas are definitely made by Lizi's and Waitrose carries their full range. I love the Chocolate. Sometimes, if I am home very late after a long day in the office and even longer commute home, I'll have a bowl of this instead of dinner if it's too late to eat a meal.

Have to say that Waitrose is great for finding little gems that really help. I never liked rice cakes, but I now have Multi-grain thins by Rude Health, and they are fantastic. I have 2 of these with my bowl of soup at lunch and they are fab, and no bloated feeling like I get from bread.

thanks Dips.
I love the LWWF range. You sometimes get them in Aldi (well I got some of the LWWF soups).
I also have Lizi's granola.
I also love Rude Health, although it aint cheap. Their seedy porridge is really lovely.
My trouble with the thins is that I can scoff a packet in one go if I am not careful.
I was wavering over the TSV for the convenience element, but I know I don't need it and could easily eat far more of this in one sitting that I should do.

JBD, we seem to be doing a good job in putting each other off TSVs at the mo, helping the pounds in our purses, if not the ones on our bottoms!

I like Dr Karg crispbreads. Woo, talk about substantial. Great at filling you up. You certainly know you've eaten a full packet of them! (With lurpak and half a pound of cheddar).

DG doing diet chef, she lacked portion control with the chocolates on Saturday night.

I didn't see the "frolics" on Sat nite. Must watch, if I can stomach it for a few mins, it seems just too bad to miss! :giggle:

I like Dr Karg crispbreads. Woo, talk about substantial. Great at filling you up. You certainly know you've eaten a full packet of them! (With lurpak and half a pound of cheddar).

*dribbles*
I lurve those too. Especially the ones that comes with cheese and pumpkin seeds on the top.
I am doing a fast day today. Am just about to eat the desk

*dribbles*
I lurve those too. Especially the ones that comes with cheese and pumpkin seeds on the top.
I am doing a fast day today. Am just about to eat the desk

i like 'em too but i always think i'm going to break my teeth on them. they're hard as a rock!

Latest posts

Back