Did you see the cheeky beauty TSV previews?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

paulawl

Registered Shopper
Will just showed a preview of 5 different beauty TSVs coming up over the next month or so. Some we know, Tarte and Molton Brown, others just looked very nice!

Liz Earle looks like a 5 or 6 piece kit with Cleanse and Polish in limited edition tin, orange blossom skin wash.
L'occitane looks warm/ honey/ almond based.
Leighton Denny looks purple and sparkly.
Took some pics (from the tele so a bit rubbish) but just in case anyone is interested.

the l'occitane tsv was full of small sizes and anather large handcream. it will take me a year or more to use the current one. almond oli has made anather appearance

From them all, while they look at fab and Christmasy with their sparkly boxes 'perfect for gifting' I suspect I will only go for the Tarte. I still have loads from the last Molton Brown TSV and I have enough hand cream and nail polishes to sink a small ship. Just hope I don't get carried away with the hype. I am a sucker for the hype.

From them all, while they look at fab and Christmasy with their sparkly boxes 'perfect for gifting' I suspect I will only go for the Tarte. I still have loads from the last Molton Brown TSV and I have enough hand cream and nail polishes to sink a small ship. Just hope I don't get carried away with the hype. I am a sucker for the hype.

start sifting your stash when you see it in al its glory and the 20 shower gels gleaming at you ....that should put you off

I didn't get a pic of the Molton Brown, but there is a thread on here with a full breakdown and pics.
IMG_4080.jpgIMG_4082.jpgIMG_4083.jpgIMG_4085.jpg

I didn't get a pic of the Molton Brown, but there is a thread on here with a full breakdown and pics.
View attachment 10944View attachment 10945View attachment 10946View attachment 10947

Thank you for taking the trouble to do that Paulawl... very interesting indeed! The L'Occitane gift box looks really pretty. Lots of small sizes, but for a Christmas gift idea, maybe no bad thing. The Leighton Denny looks beautifully boxed, but then I think his sents normally are really well presented.

Thank you for taking the trouble to do that Paulawl... very interesting indeed! The L'Occitane gift box looks really pretty. Lots of small sizes, but for a Christmas gift idea, maybe no bad thing. The Leighton Denny looks beautifully boxed, but then I think his sents normally are really well presented.

Not a problem - although the pics are squinty! L'occitane has a large almond shower oil too - looks around 500ml.

miss lieghton denny. i was reading in the newspaper re his career never once mentioned his long stint with qvc :mysmilie_11:

The photos are great, thanks for posting them. I will treat myself to the Liz Earle as I do use the face products every day. My husband usually buys me the L'Occitane for Christmas but I am not keen on the almond personally so I am really hoping there is a different option as in previous years.

Thanks for the photos! How interesting and money saving for me: It is another Liz Earle TSV with the regular moisturiser in. Won't buy it. By the way, the new Neroli Superskin Moisturiser neither is an option for me as I could test it when I was in London for the past days. The smell is way too much for my nose, as is the No 100 fragrance as well.

Will just showed a preview of 5 different beauty TSVs coming up over the next month or so. Some we know, Tarte and Molton Brown, others just looked very nice!

Liz Earle looks like a 5 or 6 piece kit with Cleanse and Polish in limited edition tin, orange blossom skin wash.
Took some pics (from the tele so a bit rubbish) but just in case anyone is interested.

It you look on Alison's twitter page there is a video of her Beauty Night In which is 83 minutes long but if you jump to 75 minutes you can see Will showing the TSVs.

the l'occitane tsv was full of small sizes and anather large handcream. it will take me a year or more to use the current one. almond oli has made anather appearance

View attachment 10944View attachment 10945View attachment 10946View attachment 10947

It looks like there are three full sized/super sized products to me (vanilla hand cream, almond shower oil & bonne mere honey shower gel), then a hand full of travel/sample sized products. This particular arrangement doesn't appeal to me, but I could be tempted if there were other options.

The L'Occy might tempt me depending on price. I have not had almond oil for a while and I do like that honey shower gel. Always prefer their hand creams but will not be buying if the value is bulked up by over-priced 10ml tubes which seem to last me about three goes!

It is always the smell of Liz Earle moisturisers that put me off these kits.
That new perfume in the pink box smells like weak watery rose scented air freshener, had a sniff when in Boots the other day.

Did see it thought it was a good idea.

Not sure there is much there to interest me. And I'm not keen on Tarte either. I tried the mascara, which was touted as the new wonder product, but it was claggy and messy and ended up in the bin eventually. Not keen on their makeup colours either - why is everyone only doing "nudes" which are essentially shades of brown and other dark colours?

I'm sorry to hear the show is ending. I like Alison Y and think she does a good job. Lots of decent information about the products and very little about how many people are in the queue, how we should jump to the phones and all that other corporate bull many of the others spout constantly. Just a nice show which harks back to the good days of QVC.

The L'Occy might tempt me depending on price. I have not had almond oil for a while and I do like that honey shower gel. Always prefer their hand creams but will not be buying if the value is bulked up by over-priced 10ml tubes which seem to last me about three goes!

Trouble is no SPF in l'occitane hand cream,or the premium face creams come to that, so you need a day and a night one. To be honest I find their handcream a bit too greasy.

Thanks for the pics :) I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more nail polish (my entire collection is Leighton Denny!!), but the LD set contains purple and that is my favourite colour......................

I shall be hunting round for a bigger pic or a video - does anyone have a link to the video on AY's twitter? - I don't do twitter!

I'm sorry to hear the show is ending. I like Alison Y and think she does a good job. Lots of decent information about the products and very little about how many people are in the queue, how we should jump to the phones and all that other corporate bull many of the others spout constantly. Just a nice show which harks back to the good days of QVC.

When I've been indoors in time to tune in, I've enjoyed this new format... better than her previous shows (and at a better time, too). Not quite back to the "In the Salon with Alison", but quite close...

I reckon the end of Alison Young's Beauty Night In, and The Lunchtime Show have less to do with the success or lack of success of the shows, and more to do with QVC clearing the decks in the programme for the Christmas run-in, now we're in October. I'm expecting to hear they will be bringing out the Saturday Night Show again, or an equivalent to enable them to inject an element of "fun" to flogging a hodge-podge of shows... I am also expecting to find a myriad of good reasons not to tune into QVC on a Saturday evening if that is the case! :mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back