Did you buy the Samsung NC10?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Irishbliss

Registered Shopper
Hi,

A few days ago I put my laptop down and came back and the screen had bled...looks like big patches of ink all over one side of screen.

Anyway...when the NC10 was a TSV I really wanted it but could not jusify it. I have read a zillion NC10 reviews but still not sure if it is for me so I thought I would ask you guys what you thought of it?

I might use the internet for a few hours just surfing the web....checking here, news sites, gossip sites and shopping sites. I do use my current laptop to put my photographs on...I assume I can still do this on the NC10? I would buy some of those memory stick things to transfer them too.

Heard the touchpad was not great but I always use a mouse anyway. My current laptop is very slow at downloading...is the NC10 fast?

Can't get the product to show up on QVCUK so can not read reviews there. Would the NC10 suit someone like myself?

£307 is cheapest price I have seen so far....on Amazon.

Any advice, comments etc welcomed!

Last edited:
Hi Irishbliss, we bought the NC10 from Amazon and it's very good. Tis as tough as old boots, fast and easy to use. I think it's very good value.

Oooooh Jabba! You lucky thing - I've never been to either of those two places but would love to.

I think we are from the same neck of the woods!

I bought it when it was a TSV and I love it. I have only used it wirelessly as I am usually on the settee with it! Its fast on broadband, no slower than my one year old desktop. It arrived already set up for wireless access. Also has bluetooth but I've no idea what it is!

It comes with Ability software which I've never heard of but which is compatible with MS Office, so you do docs, spreadsheets, powerpoint etc. I use the PC it as you do plus I've loaded a few hundred photos onto it.

Screen is nice and clear, I find the keyboard is fine (but might be too small for man-size fingers) and I don't really have probs with the keyboard. The only thing missing (in common with all netbooks of this size) is a disc drive, so software etc would have to be loaded by memory stick or on-line.

It weighs just over 1 kilo, and I bought it mainly so I could take it on holiday with me. QVC promised a good battery life and it certaily lives up to the claim; I use it for hours between battery charges.

Hope this helps.

Linda:1:

I don't get these notebook thingies so explain to me! I can see their use if you want something light to carry out and about with you for basic functions but why would you want such a tiny screen and limited hardware when for similar money you can buy a half decent laptop. I ask because although I've been a laptop user for years mine rarely leaves home!

I don't get these notebook thingies so explain to me! I can see their use if you want something light to carry out and about with you for basic functions but why would you want such a tiny screen and limited hardware when for similar money you can buy a half decent laptop. I ask because although I've been a laptop user for years mine rarely leaves home!

We take our lappy to the States every year when we go on vacation. Its easy, as there is complimentary wi-fi in any half decent hotel there. This enables me to e-mail and send piccies to miss hutt and its simple because of the time difference.
It is a real pain in the proverbial, lugging a traditional laptop with you when one of these cutesie teensy wee netbooks would slip neatly into one of Jabbas Mulberry bags :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
I was looking at buying one as a second machine to take on my hols etc. but was struggling to justify spending £300 when I already have one. After I decided to buy one in a couple of months so I had time to save up - I had done all the research and the NC10 came out tops - both on here and the reviews on Amazon are nearly all 5*, my main laptop died completely so I had to go and buy something quickly - got mine from Comet as when I looked on Amazon they were sold out and I couldn't be without my daily ST fix!!!! Although it was a tad more expensive £320 I did a click and collect and so got it within a couple of hours so worth the small extra.

I personally love it - although the screen is a bit smaller so have to wear my glasses it is so light to have on your lap, it doesn't get too hot and also I can see over the top to see the tv. The touchpad is fine (I have no problems) the keyboard is good, I can touch type but again have no problems. It is great. Do not miss the cd drive (hubby uploads cd's onto his and puts them on the shared network so I can copy onto mine). Will probably get an external one at some point. It is great if you want to use in bed. In the garden it is supberb the screen was very clear even in the bright sunlight on the weekend - with my old Dell laptop it was soo reflective you couldnt see anything apart from your own reflection. The battery life is excellent - I can switch it on when I get in from work at 3.00 and it is still going without needing a charge at 11 pm - so no trailing cables all the time. I was lucky to get 1 1/2 hours out of the Dell.

Overall it is a good little machine which will come into its own when I start going on holiday or business as I can slip it into my handbag and don't need a separate laptop bag for it.

We take our lappy to the States every year when we go on vacation. Its easy, as there is complimentary wi-fi in any half decent hotel there. This enables me to e-mail and send piccies to miss hutt and its simple because of the time difference.
It is a real pain in the proverbial, lugging a traditional laptop with you when one of these cutesie teensy wee netbooks would slip neatly into one of Jabbas Mulberry bags :LOL::LOL:

No I get this and have taken my laptop on travels too but since mine is used mostly in the home I'm not willing to trade laptop facilities for the benefit of weight occasionally. Hence my puzzlement at why anyone would want one unless frequently carrying about :)

If I wanted to take mine walkies more often then I would consider a cheap one perhaps. Having said that I've got wifi on my archos for the basics and hey thats definitely small!

I personally love it - although the screen is a bit smaller so have to wear my glasses it is so light to have on your lap

This is the major rub for me, apart from price versus performance. All my laptops have been 15.4" to date and last year I acquired a 17". Because I use the 17" most of the time even the 15.4" seems tiny now so can't imagine 10"

I too take mine to bed (sad eh) and at first noticed the extra weight of the new one but must have adapted cos take no notice now.

hi everyone,

i am new to the forum and I would like to say 'hello' :23:

i believe that if you are looking for electronic & computing products it is hard to find an outlet that could beat EBUYER on pricing.

the samsung NC10 is quoted at £307.91, i believe.

www.ebuyer.com

I have got an archos with wifi - but that is next to useless as it is difficult to 'drive' and very slow. On the NC10 it is just like having a proper laptop only small.

It is so much better even if you are just sitting with it on your lap and 'playing' whilst the tv is on etc. IMHO no contest.

I've got one and I love it, I keep it downstairs, my desk top is up stairs, its really fast, admit I dont use the touch pad I prefer a mouse, but I haven't had any problems with it and the batterey lasts for ages, my son has just got one as well to take on trips abroad,

Didnt get my NC10 from QVC but love it, I have a laptop at home but I use the NC10 for work and it fits in my handbag (I dont do little bags so I am OK to carry it backwards and forwards. I networked mine wirelessly to the laptop and install software etc. from there, because its for work most of the stuff goes on a memory stick but I have thought about getting an external drive. I run office 2007 on it no problem and at meetings just open it up and take notes in one note, as I am known for always losing bits of paper its much easier. I also have one of those mobile broadband dongles for when I am out and about.
The keyboard is not that much smaller than a laptop one or two of the keys are a little on the samll side but you soon adapt the tracjpad is the one thing that could do with improvment its too small the left and right click is confusing. The screen is small but its big enough for my use I sit on the sofa at night surfing on it because it weighs so little.
All in all I love my Samsung and wouldnt be without it

Latest posts

Back