Did anyone buy the Vivienne Tam Netbook?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
I must admit everytime I see it, I covert it, I think it's gorgeous, no idea if the spec is any good and I'm guessing it's expensive for what it is BUT does the look of it, justify buying it or am I being a real GIRL?! :giggle:

Anyone go for it?

I haven't gone for it but think it is lush, it is £449 in my catalogue and I am tempted

It's a bit late now, but I bought one and Piecan did as well - when it was the TSV. Both were returned.

I got mine when it was the TSV. I love it, as does both my daughters. Don't know if the spec is any better or worse than any other note book...I bought it for it's gorgeous design. I'm a sucker for objects of beauty and this is so lovely I don't regret buying it. xxxxx

Interesting. Why did you return it?

I asked CS if I had a faulty one, as I had a couple of lines of pixels across the top. They said yes, and arranged for it to be collected. They asked me if I wanted a replacement and I was tempted. I loved the look, but the other niggles swayed me against it. Very slow and blurry webcam, track pad for curser was all over the place - kept accidentally shutting off when I tapped it, was slow, Windows kept freezing and rebooting, battery life was terrible - they claim 5+ hours, I got max 3 usually 2. Maybe these were all problems related to a faulty machine. I did look on HP's site and found I could get it cheaper there, dithered about that for a while. In the end I went to Acer Direct and got a gradedA1 machine for £199 that was better spec. Bought a skin to make it beautiful and I'm happy.
I think I recall Piecan having similar problems, try looking at other threads about it.

Last edited:
my sister bought this, and I must admit its gorgeous.

I would have bought one but already have 2 netbooks so cant justify, am trying to get her to swap with one of my others though ( acer & hp 110 mini) lol

I was lucky enough to be bought one as a birthday present. I love it - I know full well that as a bit of a technophobe, that I am not getting the full use of it, and have a lot to learn before it can fulfil it's potential. But, it does everything I want it for and it is truly gorgeous. As someone with far from delicate little fingers, I find the "island" keyboard very easy. The mouse works beautifully, without having to be right next to the USB thingy, and as someone who doesn't particularly get on with scroll pad cursors (or whatever they're called) I actually find this one very user friendly.

I asked CS if I had a faulty one, as I had a couple of lines of pixels across the top. They said yes, and arranged for it to be collected. They asked me if I wanted a replacement and I was tempted. I loved the look, but the other niggles swayed me against it. Very slow and blurry webcam, track pad for curser was all over the place - kept accidentally shutting off when I tapped it, was slow, Windows kept freezing and rebooting, battery life was terrible - they claim 5+ hours, I got max 3 usually 2. Maybe these were all problems related to a faulty machine. I did look on HP's site and found I could get it cheaper there, dithered about that for a while. In the end I went to Acer Direct and got a gradedA1 machine for £199 that was better spec. Bought a skin to make it beautiful and I'm happy.
I think I recall Piecan having similar problems, try looking at other threads about it.

You're right I had the same problems apart from pixels. Haven't replaced mine as my old Mac sprung back to life.

Latest posts

Back