Dickie Jackson AGAIN !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bid Up Side Down

Registered Shopper
OH Good another RJ gardening TSV.

Watching TSV launch, I'm confused as to why, when this bloke is on shilling his wares, that he has some assistant doing all the work, while he stands annoyingly inbetween them and 'whiplash grin' Dale.

He looks like an animated over excited garden gnome.

Last edited:
Wish someone would stick a garden light on him i stopped myself saying up him ,oops:mysmilie_17:

Every time I switch on (very briefly) he is going on & on & on about 'Flower Power'.The nation must be groaning under the weight of huge plants & flowers.Can't listen to anymore!

QVC is so unbelievably boring nowadays. I can't believe we have yet another gardening TSV. I love my garden and really enjoyed Chelsea and The Great Allotment Challenge on TV but the gardening on QVC is just so dull. I seem to be switching off Q more and more at the moment.

In the launch hour, a guest said he was going to show us something we hadn't seen before, to which our gardening guru responded "Oh, I say!" He is one of a kind! I won't be watching today. He never seems to be off our screens, lately.

I never watch RJ anymore, he bores the pants off me. Himself and C R remind me of "Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men" anyone old enough to remember them...same size same same goobledegook...lol

Oh he just stands in the middle waving his hands and arms about like a ****** windmill - and all for a set of plastic lights that turn sickly colours you can buy in The Range !! WHO buys this rubbish ????

Can you imagine the Queen having floating 'wax' water lilies in her bath that glow a nuclear colour in the dark ? or todays tsv lighting up the garden walkways of Buck House. NO, neither can I.

Cheap, not classy, and unless its 90 deg in the shade, they don't work either !!!!

Wilkinson have Miracle grow for £2 for 1kg for this weekend only , ive found it as good as flower power and ALOT cheaper, I also bought two boxes of there growmore plant food , which you mix with compost for 50p a box.

I never watch RJ anymore, he bores the pants off me. Himself and C R remind me of "Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men" anyone old enough to remember them...same size same same goobledegook...lol

Now I have an image of the 2 of them and JF stood in a plant pot, screeching "Little Weeeeeeeeeed!" :mysmilie_17:

Jeeze that woman (can't stand her so don't bother about her name), came back early from holiday to present that TSV. I wouldn't come back from a wet day in Portrush for that!

Every time I switch on (very briefly) he is going on & on & on about 'Flower Power'.The nation must be groaning under the weight of huge plants & flowers.Can't listen to anymore!
How come he always shows the same photos over & over! they must be the only ones he's ever received:yawn:

As long as RJ is associated with QVC gardening, I won’t on principle buy any gardening product from them. I made the mistake in the past of believing his ‘claims’ on what I would get from the plants he was selling, only to be bitterly disappointed with the results and annoyed that I had allowed myself to have been suckered in by this man.

He’s now become a figure of fun and amusement in our house with the constant use of all his so disingenious stock phrases. We’ve even developed a word game based on his spiel.
The rules of the game are as follows:-
1. A list of his stock phrases are written out on pieces of paper and blindly distributed equally amongst the players.
2. Differing point values are attributed to each phrase.
3. Each time he mentions the phrase during the hour, the player scores the number of points attributed to that particular phrase.
4. The player with the highest score at the end of the hour wins.
Here are some examples of the stock phrases with points value
1 point phrases – Fantastic / Amazing / Extra Special / The Best Of The Best / Dead Easy To Grow / Unbelievable Value / Better And Better And Better.
2 point phrases - Fantastic Value / Amazing Value / Special Value / Anyone Can Grow Them / Look Great All Year Round / What I Love about…
3 point phrases - Year After Year After Year / Amazing Fragrance / Month After Month After Month / Look At The Difference
4 point phrases - Bigger Better Healthier Flowers / Healthier Stronger Plants
5 point phrases - As Big As Dinner Plates
-4 points phrases - Root Booster
-5 points phrases- Grrrr, Look At The Root system
-6 points phrases– Flower Power
This list is my no means exhaustive as he uses so many

I have to agree.. this year's gardening on QVC has been awful, very repetitive, and seems to be more hours too!

Have you the Home and Garden Plus..?? Very wooden!

Only other option is Ideal World.. most of that whole channel is repetitive, but at least the gardening adds a little pizzazz every sunday, and no RJ!!!!

My fav stock phrases unleash those nutrients,new generation,i think this is the best compost you can buy,he is becoming a bit pathetic now sadly.

It's to be expected to have loads of gardening shows on a bank holiday, but Richard Jackson is a bit of a spare part and I cannot really warm to him. Comes over as not trustworthy. Had to laugh at Jackie yesterday who said "oh ny goodness it (a plant) is almost as big as you"!!! To which RJ replied in a clearly unimpressed tone "well thank you Jackie". She hit a raw nerve there I think.

Still waiting to see how my use of flower power works, but I think the lawn magic is pretty good. Used it last week and seen a big difference.

"It's my job ..... it's my hobby ........ it's my passion" ............... and my bank manager is delighted. ;)

Aww poor old Richard - I must defend him again. I know I'm the only one on the forum who likes him. Not all good though - some of the hayloft plants are being sold cheaper in magazines and the sweet peas I ordered arrived dead and mouldy. However, at least they did arrive - unlike things I've ordered from IW and at least you can get QVC's customer services to understand your complaint and help you. They also refund your money immediately and not weeks down the line. Much as I like Richard I can't say I like any of the ladies that come on selling utter tat, however, you do get a laugh with David Hawkins.

Gardening shows to be expected on bank holidays I suppose but I agree there were a lot and each show selling the same things which got boring.

CC

Latest posts

Back