Diane Gilman TSV 28/10/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I liked what was written about the jeans and I was going to order one in Espresso short, but I was so confused with the sizing:sad: I usually go for the 30 inch waist for comfort, but that will mean a hip of 37.5 ! If I went for a bigger waist size to go with my hip size, then the waist band will fold over and be bulky. On some models they looked like Nora Batty's wrinkled stockings:thinking:
In the end, this morning, any size I would have bought were sold, so just like Itchy said, I was not meant to have them.

Last night 12mn, I thought Diane Gilman looked really good, face well made up, (the best I have seen so far,) her hair well groomed and glossy and in her jeans and boots, she looked just great.
I am watching her now at 12md and I don't know what she has done to her hair, it is shaped like Dumbo's ears and she looks dressed for Halloween :doh:

Last night 12mn, I thought Diane Gilman looked really good, face well made up, (the best I have seen so far,) her hair well groomed and glossy and in her jeans and boots, she looked just great.
I am watching her now at 12md and I don't know what she has done to her hair, it is shaped like Dumbo's ears and she looks dressed for Halloween :doh:

She looks whacked. Probably jet lagged. What has happened to her at the back of her head ? Has she lost some ?

Not sure whether this will help, but I got mine this morning from the email. I ordered the size 16 which is what I got in the last TSV then saw Kathy this morning saying she was wearing a 14 because of the stretch and thought maybe I had got the wrong size, but theses are a snugger fit than the last pair (no I haven't put on weight because I have them on at the moment). The legs are not too tight on me just straight. I wish I could have afforded another pair as well. Hope this helps with sizing, rather than relying on Queen Julia!!

I have to say I like DG out of all the "fashion" guests,although I've never bought any of her stuff.I may have tried her jeans today if they had come in a "long" length,but theres no way a 30 inseam will be long enough for me.

However I do agree with the point that someone has already made,that even if the long length had been available - I wouldn't know what bliddy size to order.My size 14L from Next always fit perfectly.My 14L from peruna always fit "nice" but after a few washes and tumbles,I'm pleased theres "stretch" in them :blush: I think the sizing is very confusing on her jeans - and a lot of P&P if you don't get it right!!

I am not a fan of stretch jeans. I know they're really comfy but I prefer old fashioned denim ... you know where you are with that. The sizing on the DG jeans and the "remember you've got four or five inches of stretch" has me completely confused about what blumming size to buy! Add to that the fiddle of sending them back and I'm not sure I can be bothered to pay £8 or whatever for the chance to try on jeans that don't fit because the sizing isn't clear.

I am a size 18 in rigid denim jeans but can go down to a 16 in stretch jeans. So would I buy an 18, 16 or a 14. In a shop I'd try the 16 but might need the 14.

I'll not bother.

i was having this discussion with some friends recently - it's almost impossible to get DENIM jeans now! almost everything has spandex in it. i think levis are the only 100% cotton jeans now?

I want to like kathy taylor.Truly I do.I think shes the most down to earth presenter going.

But I can never get past the bumbling and mumblings and normally feel so sorry for her,in what shes wearing.

This morning,Kathy YOU LOOK GREAT :clapping: and wearing a MH top!!!!

my feelings EXACTLY rainbow - i really want to like kathy but i find her voice alone unpleasant to listen to and the constant mistakes and stuttering just wears me out. she seems so nice and has no airs and graces. just wish i could tolerate the vocals.

my feelings EXACTLY rainbow - i really want to like kathy but i find her voice alone unpleasant to listen to and the constant mistakes and stuttering just wears me out. she seems so nice and has no airs and graces. just wish i could tolerate the vocals.

...I agree... I really like Kathy but find that she dithers a bit too much sometimes (in a Judy Finnigan kind of way)...

I agree as well..................................she does dither about.....................but..............I thought that she looked good in her jeans. So I have ordered a 14R hoping that they we will be o.k. I didn't think that they looked very good on Julia - reminded me of Max Wall (meeow).

i was having this discussion with some friends recently - it's almost impossible to get DENIM jeans now! almost everything has spandex in it. i think levis are the only 100% cotton jeans now?

I have some Evans jeans that have no stretch. Rocha John Rocha have some stretch but not too much. Levis are great as are Ralph Lauren and there's an American woman designer who does them too. Am devilled if I can remember her name.

I usually have to buy ones with a bit of stretch because it's all you can get but I still want to feel like I'm wearing jeans. And I want the buggers to hold me in ... lol

She looks whacked. Probably jet lagged. What has happened to her at the back of her head ? Has she lost some ?
Not only jet lag, she is also not a spring chicken, she admitted that she is in her mid sixties, she did not look her age at all at midnight.
re-what happened to her at the back of her head..maybe it flew off with the excitement of how much money she has made with this TSV.

JF has just said she's wearing the TSV jeans. What size has she got on then? She's half the size of Ms Roberts. There's more meat on the legs of the sparrows on my bird table.

JF has just said she's wearing the TSV jeans. What size has she got on then? She's half the size of Ms Roberts. There's more meat on the legs of the sparrows on my bird table.

Those black jeans hang on JF like an old sack. You need a bit of meat on your legs for jeans to look half decent. And why is she wearing two tree trunks on her feet? Ghastly boots.:sad:

I am wearing my DG's today I ordered from her last visit & they don't look half bad actually & are sooooo comfortable.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but still staying with jeans .....
I finally lopped off a few inches from a pair of Per Una stretch jeans I bought (eBay) last May (I know, I know - I forgot about them lol).
Really nice and would like a pair in black.
Problem?
They are about 7 1/4" at the knee & 8" at the hem. Does that make then straight jeans or bootcut, bearing in mind they've been lopped?
Plus ... can anyone tell me the difference between Per Una & Per Una Roma?

It's a jeans nightmare out there:confused2:

it's difficult to say minim. some of DG's bootcut look straight and some look like flares. do the m&s ones have it marked in the label by any chance? no idea about the roma thing. in fact all the different m&s sections, er i mean, collections, get on my nerves. if i want to look for jeans/skirts/dresses i don't want to spend hours (my local store is massive) wandering from classic to per una to autograph and on and on.....

Nothing on the label unfortunately other than per una, regular and the size.
Washing label has 'made in Tunisia' - no help at all.
There are three red hearts on the inner waistband & 3 outlines of hearts on back pocket.
Nowhere can I find hem measurement guides on the web.

Thanks for answering janie. Guess it's a trip to M&S - Doh!

Reading all this now I'm sure the 10 will be too big for me when they arrive. If they are then I'm going to complain to customer services that the presentation was very misleading. Probably won't get anywhere but it's worth a try. This is the first thing I've bought for ages from QVC. Should have known better.

Just an update for anyone with the same problem. Jeans arrived yesterday and as predicted they're too big, gaping at the waist. I rang customer services and told them the presenter made picking which size to order extremely difficult. They immediately said they'd send me a pre-paid label to cover the cost of sending them back, which made me think that maybe I wasn't the only person to complain.

Just an update for anyone with the same problem. Jeans arrived yesterday and as predicted they're too big, gaping at the waist. I rang customer services and told them the presenter made picking which size to order extremely difficult. They immediately said they'd send me a pre-paid label to cover the cost of sending them back, which made me think that maybe I wasn't the only person to complain.

I really dithered over ordering these jeans, dithering so long, my size? sold out. I think its a blessing as it would probably have ended in tears! Its really difficult buying jeans at the best of times and I will never order from a shopping channel now. In shops, I have to try on a few pairs to get it right, you just can't do that unless you want various sizes pinging backwards and forwards in the post. I love tight skinny jeans and have just bought 2 pairs from Primark (of all places). They are stretch, proper skinny jeans and I fitted into size 12 , am usually 14. They look better than other expensive ones I have bought in the past, so it just goes to show, a label isn't everything.

You must be p........ed off Bensmum. You wait eagerly for these things to arrive and look forward to it. It is a let down when they don't fit and then there is the hassle of sending it back.

I really dithered over ordering these jeans, dithering so long, my size? sold out. I think its a blessing as it would probably have ended in tears! Its really difficult buying jeans at the best of times and I will never order from a shopping channel now. In shops, I have to try on a few pairs to get it right, you just can't do that unless you want various sizes pinging backwards and forwards in the post. I love tight skinny jeans and have just bought 2 pairs from Primark (of all places). They are stretch, proper skinny jeans and I fitted into size 12 , am usually 14. They look better than other expensive ones I have bought in the past, so it just goes to show, a label isn't everything.

You must be p........ed off Bensmum. You wait eagerly for these things to arrive and look forward to it. It is a let down when they don't fit and then there is the hassle of sending it back.

My daughter and her friends all wear Primark skinny jeans and they are fab, nothing wrong with them at all! They also comein a great range of colours.

My DG TSV hasn't arrived yet- now I'm waiting in fear and trepidation as I can see an expensive return looming.

Latest posts

Back