Diane Gilman TSV 28/10/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i've ordered the blue in a 12R (i'm losing weight and my 14 boot cuts are starting to get baggy - can't believe I get to say that!)

i've ordered the blue in a 12R (i'm losing weight and my 14 boot cuts are starting to get baggy - can't believe I get to say that!)

I know, what a lovely feeling isn't it? I can't get used to it. I hold up a size 10 (I was a good 16 at the beginning of June) in a shop and think there's no way it'll go anywhere near me and I try it on and it actually fits.

Having just bought a pair of Not Your Daughters Jeans in a skinny fit in the States (size 4P) I have ordered these as a comparison in espresso size 10!

my NYDJ are fab, on a par with my 7 for all Mankind faves, so we'll see how these fare

Having just bought a pair of Not Your Daughters Jeans in a skinny fit in the States (size 4P) I have ordered these as a comparison in espresso size 10!

my NYDJ are fab, on a par with my 7 for all Mankind faves, so we'll see how these fare

Do you think they may be a little large?

Everyone says that DG jeans are generous and I would have thought an american size 4 would equate to a uk size 8 maximum.

My Abercrombie jeans are a size 10 and are very big on me whereas my DG jeans have been a 14 in the past and I have bought size 12 this time as I feel the skinnies I already have been loose on my legs and round my bum .... I am a little worried they may turn out tight round the waist though!

Only trying to be helpful:happy:

Oh gawd just noticed that Miss Piggy is doing the TSV :dull: another hour of hearing how teeny tiny she is. :yawn: Hope DG has produced a size miniscule for HRH. :rolleyes:

Oh gawd just noticed that Miss Piggy is doing the TSV :dull: another hour of hearing how teeny tiny she is. :yawn: Hope DG has produced a size miniscule for HRH. :rolleyes:

Like the Malteser advert with the barbie jeans in the tumble dryer!

Jude xx

I have to say I prefer NYDJ to Diane Gilman but she does come a close second and given the price difference is much better value. I am thinking I should order the black as I could do witha pair of black skinnies I have dark indigo in NYDJ and they are really comfy

I have to say I prefer NYDJ to Diane Gilman but she does come a close second and given the price difference is much better value. I am thinking I should order the black as I could do witha pair of black skinnies I have dark indigo in NYDJ and they are really comfy

What way do you find the sizing on both these ranges delh? Is there a vast difference ?

They are pretty equal if anything DG are slightly bigger than NYDJ but that could be the stretch I find her jeans much more stretchy than NYDJ.
I have gone years looking for a pair of jeans I could wear all day and still be comfy and just like buses thay come along in twos :)

Well,in the preview for the tsv,she's just said that she's wearing an American pair & doesn't know what size they are :grin:

The label's probably been removed Marzy or else it's too small for her to read because she's far too vain to wear her glasses!! :wink:

Julia has just said she is wearing a smaller size than the smallest they are selling :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I heard that too Sazza which seems absolute twaddle when, as the product has just been launched, she should be wearing a size available to the viewers! It's a case of "look at me folks, I'm wearing a size which is just not available to you and don't I look smug? Oh, and by the way, did you see my pert bum which most definitely doesn't look big in these?!!!! :dull:

she did say she could have gone UP to a size 8..................................

I think it's a bit unfair to criticise Julia on this occasion for requiring a smaller size than the TSV has to offer.

The fault lies with QVC for their total lack of flexibility re sizing and their cynical manipulation.

Their presenter does not fit into the smallest size they have to offer so they get a pair of jeans to fit her so we can all marvel as to how good they look on the models and the presenter.

Sometimes QVC you really tick me off!

I've taken the plunge and have gone for the indigo. My size 12 jeans are getting a bit loose so I've ordered the size 10s, purely because of thee stretch-factor! Here's hoping!!

Well now a size 8 are available I've ordered those as, they may be a better fit

It was bizarre the way the size 8 are @ the bottom of the size drop down below the size 22s I wonder if I missed them originally?

I've taken the plunge and have gone for the indigo. My size 12 jeans are getting a bit loose so I've ordered the size 10s, purely because of thee stretch-factor! Here's hoping!!

Last night I too ordered the 10s, in espresso, but watching the repeat I'm wondering whether I should have gone for the 8 if they're as stretchy as they're saying. DG said the jeans she's wearing are 4 inches smaller than her waist! Looking at Jane though, she's wearing a 16 and they are really pulling on her and don't look great on her IMO. Oh well a fiver P&P plus however much it costs to send them back, down the drain maybe.

Latest posts

Back