Diane Gilman at Midnight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh my word we have just had her maxi dresses.
Looked like a swimsuit with a gathered waist long black skirt over the top.
:mysmilie_505:

I don't think Ann Dawson is looking her best in her rig out. That top makes her look really lumpy - I have taken into account the microphone pack!

They were electric green, (if there is a word such as that) something like this pointed patent shoes which showed a lot of toes:puke:
She had the purple version of the top she is wearing now and being purple, it emphasised her not so flat tummy and her hair was like she is having on now, altogether it was too much for me at midnight:eek:
Even Sazza got a fright :grin:

Hmm, thanks for that!! I can only thank my stars that I was safely asleep and spared the trauma!:wink: The orange face at 0800 this morning was more than enough for me!!

I don't think Ann Dawson is looking her best in her rig out. That top makes her look really lumpy - I have taken into account the microphone pack!
She looks so old in that, just saw a shot of her, she looked hunch backed and that top on her is hideous, it shows her midriff to great disadvantage .... something she should avoid, especially as we now know she can look good sometimes.

Oh my word we have just had her maxi dresses.
Looked like a swimsuit with a gathered waist long black skirt over the top.
:mysmilie_505:
:nod: exactly! I like the idea of the skirt part of it.
That purple top is on now it looks horrible on the model, so can you imagine that on Diane:eek:

She looks so old in that, just saw a shot of her, she looked hunch backed and that top on her is hideous, it shows her midriff to great disadvantage .... something she should avoid, especially as we now know she can look good sometimes.

Diane talks non stop about eliminating muffin tops, but Ann's looks pretty bad. I usually love up and down tunics (as I call them) and wear them a lot, but that particular one is strange, maybe it is the neck. And the sleeveless one is very odd. If I wore it, some bright spark would tell me that i had forgotten to untuck my blouse!!.

Look at the hair now. It looks like she's got wings coming out of her head.

ps I think Katherine the model has a really fab figure. She just needs to wear a size bigger jeans then they don't pull so much.

I am still trying to figure out why the yanks call a woman's backside her tush or booty ! Where do they get these names from ???

Backside, bum derrier, rear end, and even a.....se I can cope with, but tush ! Pleeeeeeeease.

Katherine is one of THE prettiest models, no equine features, wigs or exaggerated movements from her. Just that beauuuutiful smile and womanly figure. Yes, she does have 'sturdy' legs (as my Mum would say) so the tight jeans she should steer clear of. But look at her mum, who is a regular model and its obvious where she gets them from.

I don't get all the criticism of Diane and her clothes. When she said she is in her mid 60s I was surprised because she doesn't look that old. She makes no secret of the fact that she is not designing clothes for spring chickens, but more for ladies of more mature years whose bodies may not be what they once were. I am sure she will have had some surgery but she looks OK and I like the way she explains her clothes. She seems very at ease talking about her imperfections, and I respect that. I can't imagine Lulu the horrible old Time-Bomb trout tout being that at ease with herself!

I am still trying to figure out why the yanks call a woman's backside her tush or booty ! Where do they get these names from ???

tush - slang (US) the buttocks from Yiddish tokhes , from Hebrew tahath beneath

I'm not bothered what she looks like, but I just watched the 8 O'Clock show and she seemed to be on something, she never stopped talking and Debbie had to calm her down at the end, maybe she's just tired!

I suspect it's the stylists who cram Katherine into too-tight jeans, probably because her correct size is not available "back stage" (which seems to be a regular occurrence unfortunately ). Very unprofessional and doesn't do the clothes justice.

Diane's hair is odd there's no two ways about it. I think Katherine is stunning and good on Diane for always having her as a model. It shows what the jeans will look like on a curvy girl. I love it when Katherine has a mic on the jewellery show. She would make a good presenter.

As for DG jeans ... well I have absolutely no ****** idea what size to buy. And I would no more buy elasticated waist jeans than fly to the moon. I'm not even that keen on stretch jeans but I might give them a go if I could try them on in a couple of sizes without possibly paying a tenner in postage for the privilege.

I have one of her swing tshirts and it's very nice. It's at least three inches bigger than the size they said on screen and on the website. It doesn't matter in the top but it flipping would in jeans.

I would like to try some of the DG jeans but like Tinkerbelle have no idea where to start with the sizes and being 5ft8 ins tall some of the so called longer lengths looked a bit short on the models who are meant to be even taller so I give up. They were banging on about it being a nightmare buying jeans on the high street but Id rather go to Next (who have a wide range) and take a handfull of pairs into a cubicle and find the right pair than haul endless pairs back to the post office and get charged the price of a pair of jeans in postage there and back! Diane said just ignore the waist measurement cos it doesnt matter. Right okay that makes sense...

Too tight around the crotch.

:nod:I am very disappointed with these Jeans. so much for comfort. They are tight around the crotch area reason being the front waist is lower than the back. I know this is supposed to be the way Diane described them, she also said they would sit on your waist adding comfort for the older age group they do not, the front of the waist is half way down your tummy area, this is why the crotch area is tight fitting. also the material is I feel quite cheep to the touch. So they will be going back under the DSR terms.

Latest posts

Back