Diamonique 18ct gold!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, that is true unfortunately, a lot of the QVC 'gold' jewellery is lacking in actual gold weight & they seem to use every trick in the book to achieve this, so no, much of it wouldn't really appeal to a jeweller!
I think sometimes folk just see the word 'gold' & then only concentrate on the gems in it (real or otherwise!) but obviously a heavy solid band of 18 or even 9 ct gold is going to cost a heck of a lot more than a thin, doughnut formed strip of the stuff! :)

This is very true! I have absolutely no qualms about using QVC, with the security blanket factor of the 30 day mbg, as a testing ground for new products & then (unless it's a super-duper priced TSV!), trundling off to stock up on future purchases elsewhere!
Serve 'em right, if they didn't charge such ridiculous prices for p&p I'd be a bit more 'long-term loyal'! lol

true and true! thank you for this KWC!!!!!!!!!!!! :51::1:

I honestly don't know why jewellers have to be so down on QVC. My local jeweller doesn't rate QVC jewellery at all, something about the gold being hollowed out in the rings...? I think they must be jealous because they sell so much, and take custom away from small shops.

That's what it is in a nutshell. There's a pawnbroker near me, and he's completely happy to buy and sell QVC stuff-he does a roaring trade with it, and even adds the details of the 'QVCZ' bit in his window.

wow I ask a simple question and look what happens. Thats why I love this forum.

I have read the responses and they are mainly about why you would buy it in 18ct gold and that was not my question.

I wonder if QVC would start doing AAA Tanzanite in SS......or is that a different thread?

I have read the responses and they are mainly about why you would buy it in 18ct gold and that was not my question.

I wonder if QVC would start doing AAA Tanzanite in SS......or is that a different thread?

exactly yazroze! the question was whether QVC as a jeweller do A (thread topic) when normally jewellers do B (as you and i mentioned). one would normally expect other peeps to come in and say what in their experience jewellers do and whether QVC are unconventional. some of the posters did just that, and then others come on their high horse to defend their purchases as if sb had asked them to 'sell' their choices to us. you did what you did, good for you, but this is not what the thread topic is all about!

exactly yazroze! the question was whether QVC as a jeweller do A (thread topic) when normally jewellers do B (as you and i mentioned). one would normally expect other peeps to come in and say what in their experience jewellers do and whether QVC are unconventional. some of the posters did just that, and then others come on their high horse to defend their purchases as if sb had asked them to 'sell' their choices to us. you did what you did, good for you, but this is not what the thread topic is all about!

I can't see any high horsed posters. I can see some people getting all esurey though.

Anyway, the simples answer is that people can afford the 18ct gold and like it,but they couldn't afford the large real stones to go with it.

Again, simples!

I can't see any high horsed posters. I can see some people getting all esurey though.

Anyway, the simples answer is that people can afford the 18ct gold and like it,but they couldn't afford the large real stones to go with it.

Again, simples!

the simple thing MD is that again you haven't grasped the simple meaning of the thread topic.
people are entitled to part with their money for the reasons they and only they choose and do not have to provide any justification to anyone.

personal choice is irrelevant to this thread. simples.

MD are you a boy or a gal? :1:

the simple thing MD is that again you haven't grasped the simple meaning of the thread topic.
people are entitled to part with their money for the reasons they and only they choose and do not have to provide any justification to anyone.

personal choice is irrelevant to this thread. simples.

MD are you a boy or a gal? :1:

Are you trying to be funny? what part have I not 'grasped'?
Where have I asked for 'justification'?

And I would love to know exactly what gender has to do with it!

The original post
Why would you put diamonique in 18ct gold?

Isn't that like putting a good quality diamond in a plastic ring?

I just don't understand it.

For watersiren and yazrose.

You'd put diamonique in 18ct gold because people like the look of 18ct gold and can afford the cost of the gold.

No, it isn't like putting a quaity diamond in a plastic ring, because diamonique is much less expensive than a diamond, and looks every bit as good-I certainly would not want to pay the prices of 2ct solitaires. If 'created' stones look as good as they do, they don't really rank alongside plastic-do they?

Now, that should be clear enough. Simples.:44:

The original post

For watersiren and yazrose.

You'd put diamonique in 18ct gold because people like the look of 18ct gold and can afford the cost of the gold.
No, it isn't like putting a quaity diamond in a plastic ring, because diamonique is much less expensive than a diamond, and looks every bit as good-I certainly would not want to pay the prices of 2ct solitaires. If 'created' stones look as good as they do, they don't really rank alongside plastic-do they?

Now, that should be clear enough. Simples.:44:

Thank you for the response, but I am not asking if the customer can afford it or if they like the look of it. I am asking, as QVC is the jeweller and it is made for them, why would they put a fake stone into 18ct gold? It is not something someone who makes jewellery would usually do.

Thank you for the response, but I am not asking if the customer can afford it or if they like the look of it. I am asking, as QVC is the jeweller and it is made for them, why would they put a fake stone into 18ct gold? It is not something someone who makes jewellery would usually do.

yazrose, QVC is doing it for the reason I've said. They know the people out there want that look.
It's what the public wants that counts:30: Not what some sniffy, snotty little jeweller out there wants though-they want us to part with the big uns.

They used to sell diamonique set in pure platinum but don't anymore - only platinum clad.

I bought a diamonique eternity ring set in pure platinum from the outlet shop. After a while I decided it was too small for me and as it would have cost loads to have it re-sized I took it to a local jewellers who advertise that they buy second hand jewellery.

I handed it to the jeweller and as he was looking at it with a jeweller's loupe he was saying to himself "Who on earth would set cz stones in pure platinum?" then shouted "Oh my god, typical, QVC!" (it's got QVC stamped inside the band). He sneered at me, thrust the ring into my hand and said "I'm not interested".

I went bright red and scuttled out of the shop!!! :speechless:

YES I had the same problem with resizing at a jewellers. The moment he saw QVC stamped in the ring he did'nt want to know !

Has anybody had any problems with insurance valuations ??? I dont feel inclined to take my large hoard of rings to an independant jeweller as they seem so snooty about QVC. Makes me feel like a 3rd class citizen !

I think the essence of many of the answers was 'why not?'

I once bought a TSV Diamonique ring made of platinum. I hated it as the metal was really dull, so sold it not long after. I only buy silver now as I don't really rate Diamonique in comparison to IW's simulants which are nicer and cheaper too.

Latest posts

Back