DF looks really nice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry but I disagree. The shirt and cami look very old fashioned and she`s wearing them with turnup trousers or jeans and clumpy shoes. She looks awful.

How this woman dares to have a diet book and Fb group promoting healthy eating is beyond me!! she looks like an over stuffed sausage!! As you can tell im a huge fan!! as for the badger striped hair , thats so 90's !!

How this woman dares to have a diet book and Fb group promoting healthy eating is beyond me!! she looks like an over stuffed sausage!! As you can tell im a huge fan!! as for the badger striped hair , thats so 90's !!

I agree, you see her stuffing her face with pies every time they're on after preaching to her followers the virtues of health eating, how gullible would anyone be to line this woman's pockets.

Stand by,she already has the title of her next novel and is in meditation focus for it to be turned into a TV series.
:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

i dont know why df dresses like this on qvc because she did not dress like this at the beauty bash. she is tiny in real life a size 10 but tells everyone she is a size 16. i was mulling this over and i think its to get comments when you do see her in the flesh. she is also very pretty. much finer featured lovely skin and hair. there is a promo on qvc with sara g,ch and cant think of the other presenter and you can see how small she is next to them

Sorry but I disagree. The shirt and cami look very old fashioned and she`s wearing them with turnup trousers or jeans and clumpy shoes. She looks awful.

Kind of agree that the top looked rather old fashioned on Debbie but quite smart, especially for telly!! Trousers looked fine on her too, glad we're all different!
Not a big fan of QVC fashions, very boring and very :mysmilie_8:unfashionable for my liking...much prefer the High Street!!

Stand by,she already has the title of her next novel and is in meditation focus for it to be turned into a TV series.
:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Good grief! Wonder which producer was high at the time to even consider one of her 99p bargain basement slutty "novels" worthy of TV?
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:That's soooo funny!

I don`t care if presenters are a size 6 or a size 26 because all of QVC`s customers are different sizes too but the presenters are the shop window as well as the models and when a presenter wears something which is styled really badly then it does neither them nor QVC any favours.
The cami/shirt combi DF wore last night was black, lacy and sparkly, a tad old fashioned looking IMO but would probably appeal to some ladies. If i had to showcase such items then I`d ask myself where would I wear such a top and how would I dress it ? My answer would be with a pair of slinky black palazzo pants and a strappy sandal shoe or with a silky black skirt or I`d skip the cami and wear the sparkly shirt over a sleeveless black dress. But NOOOOOOOOOO not DF, she pairs a sparkly shirt and slinky fabric cami with turnup jegging type trousers in a totally wrong fabric which emphasise her chunky legs and with clumpy shoes which made her already big feet look even bigger.
From the waist upwards she resembled an off for a meal, might do a drink in a bar style and a totally different, casual, walking the dog or catching a bus style from the waist downwards. She resembled neither one thing nor the other. QVC really need to send some of their presenters to a personal shopper or a few fashion classes and take some of their buyers and stylists with them !

W
I don`t care if presenters are a size 6 or a size 26 because all of QVC`s customers are different sizes too but the presenters are the shop window as well as the models and when a presenter wears something which is styled really badly then it does neither them nor QVC any favours.
The cami/shirt combi DF wore last night was black, lacy and sparkly, a tad old fashioned looking IMO but would probably appeal to some ladies. If i had to showcase such items then I`d ask myself where would I wear such a top and how would I dress it ? My answer would be with a pair of slinky black palazzo pants and a strappy sandal shoe or with a silky black skirt or I`d skip the cami and wear the sparkly shirt over a sleeveless black dress. But NOOOOOOOOOO not DF, she pairs a sparkly shirt and slinky fabric cami with turnup jegging type trousers in a totally wrong fabric which emphasise her chunky legs and with clumpy shoes which made her already big feet look even bigger.
From the waist upwards she resembled an off for a meal, might do a drink in a bar style and a totally different, casual, walking the dog or catching a bus style from the waist downwards. She resembled neither one thing nor the other. QVC really need to send some of their presenters to a personal shopper or a few fashion classes and take some of their buyers and stylists with them !

From the waist up I thought it was an improvement from her usual.

Debbie does sometimes wear a nice top but her happy choice of top is consistently let down by the dire choice of leg and footwear.

Earlier in the week she was wearing a long-sleeved v-neck top in a very flattering shade of purple with a sort of crocheted lace embellishment around the neck. It looked really great. I am just glad I can't see what was going on beneath the table.

Debbie has a knack for combining table-top dressing with outfits more suited for walking her beloved pogs. She could definitely make more of herself with a better choice of outfit, but as she seems to go almost exclusively for QVC fashions, and seems to prefer separates to the dresses she is doomed to looking dire most of the time on air.

Personally, I would frog march her to the Tiana B, Ronni Nicole, Nina Leonard and Onjenu dress rails and put an electric force field around anything to do with leggings, and encase the peep-toe footwear in cement.

There's been several comments on different threads lately about presenters being "tiny" in real life despite themselves insisting they are a bigger size or certainly appearing to be a bigger size. When saying someone is "tiny" it all depends who you're comparing them to. I'm tiny compared to Hattie Jaques.

Didn't see Debbie Flint on that show but I've seen her in jeggings before and they definitely did nothing for her legs. I would agree though that she is a pretty lady.

CC

There's been several comments on different threads lately about presenters being "tiny" in real life despite themselves insisting they are a bigger size or certainly appearing to be a bigger size. When saying someone is "tiny" it all depends who you're comparing them to. I'm tiny compared to Hattie Jaques.

Didn't see Debbie Flint on that show but I've seen her in jeggings before and they definitely did nothing for her legs. I would agree though that she is a pretty lady.

CC

debbie flint is a size 10 or a tiny 12 and is around 5 '1 with no heels i would say thats a small person. alison young is a size 8-10 and very short to. they are tiny people in my book. i am 5'8 without shoes and a size 20 i am big

Good grief! Wonder which producer was high at the time to even consider one of her 99p bargain basement slutty "novels" worthy of TV?
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:That's soooo funny!

That's just too funny, I almost spilled my coffee when I started to read this and saw all those little fellas rolling about laughing - and well they might, no wonder - struth where will it end I wonder.

That's just too funny, I almost spilled my coffee when I started to read this and saw all those little fellas rolling about laughing - and well they might, no wonder - struth where will it end I wonder.

Who knows, they probably bought the rights for 99p with every consecutive one being half price..........noooooooooo!!! :mysmilie_505:

I have heard DF say that she is a highstreet size 14\16 and has a very wide size 8 foot.
She definitely isn't very tall.

This means that she has a broad skeleton - and her round face and wide hands bear this out.

Criticising someone for the shape of their skeleton seems a little harsh, especially when she has a flat stomach and a very well defined jaw line, which shows that she is not carrying extra weight.

She has my sympathies. When I was 16, and as skinny as a rail, I could never fit into anything smaller than a highstreet size 14 - and I am 5 foot 7 tall. It was my pelvis, not any flab OVER my pelvis. I am now significantly heavier, and a size 22, and I think (seeng photos) that I looked my best (female curves in proportion) at a size 18. So we really don't all fit the ridiculous ideals of the fashion mags, and it is cruel to criticise people who inherited a skeleton that excludes them from these ideals.

I won't comment on fashion choices. That is a choice, not the hand of god!

If she is only 5ft 1", with wide, size 8 feet, she has my undying sympathy. God, I thought my feet were big, but at least I'm a bit taller to balance them out a bit.

I have heard DF say that she is a highstreet size 14\16 and has a very wide size 8 foot.
She definitely isn't very tall.

This means that she has a broad skeleton - and her round face and wide hands bear this out.

Criticising someone for the shape of their skeleton seems a little harsh, especially when she has a flat stomach and a very well defined jaw line, which shows that she is not carrying extra weight.

She has my sympathies. When I was 16, and as skinny as a rail, I could never fit into anything smaller than a highstreet size 14 - and I am 5 foot 7 tall. It was my pelvis, not any flab OVER my pelvis. I am now significantly heavier, and a size 22, and I think (seeng photos) that I looked my best (female curves in proportion) at a size 18. So we really don't all fit the ridiculous ideals of the fashion mags, and it is cruel to criticise people who inherited a skeleton that excludes them from these ideals.

I won't comment on fashion choices. That is a choice, not the hand of god!

You make some great points there, Crinkly. I think it's very true that for some of us, it would be quite literally impossible to slim down to a size 6 (size 0 in US terms) because of our bone structure. I've not seen Debbie in real life, so I can't really comment on whether she appears tiny or not. She has very large hands and feet. She's also said she's got a large neck, and large wrists. It's a shame she has to joke about her hobbit feet, but I do like that she points out when jewellery or footwear will not fit a larger neck, wrist, or foot. I will take her at face value when she says she wears a high street size 14/16 - who would claim a size bigger than they actually are? I find her more credible in that regard than Julia "I'm wearing the size small" Roberts.

I'm 5'8" (shrinking a bit as I get older) and the slimmest I've ever been is a size 12 (these days it probably would be a size 10 as the shops have been upscaling their dress sizes as we all get bigger), and there is no way I could ever have got to a size 10 with my bones. I was happiest and most comfortable as a size 14. I have had friends who have slimmed to a size 14 and looked ill and unhappy - they looked their best and healthiest at a size 16-18. The "norms" of the health profession as well as fashion are not universally true. Let's face it BMI lost all credibility as a measure when it condemned elite sportsmen (the Home Nations rugby teams) to the Obese category... utter rubbish.

I really don't have a weight problem. I'm only 5ft 1ins tall and if I were 7ft 9ins my proportions would be perfect! :mysmilie_5:

Latest posts

Back