Desert Island Beauty Products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd have: Definitely the Ultrasun - I agree, the best sun protection ever, plus....

1 Dr Bronners liquid soap, which is multi purpose, can be used for hair, body, laundry and even cleaning teeth. (Sorry it's not available from QVC though).

2 Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate - another multi purpose product.

3 A great big container of ABC Tea Tree Body lotion, which I could also use as insect repellent, anti fungal, antiseptic, and moisturiser.

Flora,
Yes I think we do seem to have similar skin by the sounds of it ! and yes, Liz must have definately change C&P and I didn't realise she'd messed about with the ingredients... but teh cleanser - it's the Decleor "Lait demaquillant" 250 ml size (white milk) I have and it's for all skin types. It's not too runny and last a long time. I always thought I'd never get on with a cleansing milk or that it wouldn't clean my face properly, but it's fab. I wasn't allowed to have extra products for my desert Island (!), I do also use their toner, which is very soothing. I also find the cleanser removes all my makeup in one go and I never found C&P did that either. You can get this as a duo on QVC - but I got mine in my local Superdrug! Having said that though, I popped in there a couple of days ago and the counter where they have L'ancome, Decleor, Clarins and Clinique has dwindled and only had the odd bottle lurking there. I wonder if they're going to stop selling these brands (a lot cheaper than other places, I have to say)...so I'll probably get it from QVC as Decleor is tricky to get in the High Street. Hope this helps....oh and I use an oval cotton wool pad to remove it (sometimes I dampen it just very slightly, especially in the morning).

Dear Tweez,
Thanks so much for all your explanations !
May I ask you what moisturiser(s) and/or mask(s) you use ?

I use the Liz Earle Superskin moisturiser.
My skin can't even tolerate the Superskin concentrate.

Like for the C&P, I could use the Intensive Nourishing Treatment from Liz Earle for many years but it has changed and I can't use it any more !

I had exactly the same problem with Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish last year !
I had used it from the start and it was great for my skin, even nourrishing.
But last year, it suddenly made my skin red and hot every time I was using it.

I (kind of) got over the problem by using her Gentle Face Exfoliator for a few days and then alternating between the two.
But the Cleanse and Polish has really changed, it's more heavy and sticky. Liz totally changed the ingredients, even took off the almond milk !

I would like to change cleansers, but I never find anything that really suits my dry skin.

As we seem to have similar skins, could you tell me what exactly you use from Decleor, please ?

I know what you mean, I too found the consistency to be thicker and deemed 'heavier' after the ingredient change. However, I find that if I dampen my hands after I've applied the Cleanse and polish and re-massage, then the consistency and texture becomes a lot lighter and smoother. Soooooo much more pleasant to use and works so much more effectively too.

I've also read that some people tend to 'break-out' when first using this version of Cleanse and Polish and I'd have to agree. I was put off using it again because of this, but one month I ran out of my usual Gatineau cleanser and I couldn't afford to replace it at that time. Knowing I had some fab make-up that would at least cover the spots and skincare to deal with the spots, I persevered with the cleanse and polish out of desperation and after the 10 days/two weeks time period my skin calmed down and started to look fabulous !! So, if people REALLY want to use cleanse and polish I'd give it at least two weeks before your skin calms down and you see the best results. I haven't looked back since.

I've also found that some people find Gatineau's melatogenine futur plus cream to be too heavy, especially from some of the reviews on the QVC website. I would say there that, I have combination skin and am prone to break outs myself, but I don't find it too heavy at all. What I would say is that you really don't need much !! I know Andrew states what people should use and people usually take no notice and do their own thing, LOL, but you should really only be using enough to cover the face. If you apply it in dots around the face, like some oils, then quickly blend it, then it should more than suffice to use so little. I use a lot less of the Gatineau futur plus than I would of any other moisturiser and it makes a huge difference to how your skin looks by using the correct amount :happy:

Hello Flora,

I did use Liz Earle superskin moisturiser too and used two or three pots (i've tried loads!) - and got on well with it, but I started to notice my skin was looking tired towards the end of the day and my fine lines starting showing (being now in my early forties) No reflection on lIz's mosituriser as it was good...I only switched because I felt I needed something more anti-aging (with a few more chemicals!)

I use both Lancome Primordiale recharge day moisturiser (it has an SPF15) - again it's for all skin types and does suit my skin....but I do put it over Estee Lauder advance night repair (which I use day and night)...but in the evening, I use Boots No.7 Protect and Perfect night cream. I have to say, I'm actually already on my second pot, after giving it a go earlier this year and am quite happy with the results. The night cream feels quite rich, but sinks in straight away and feels quite nourishing on my dry skin. Unfortunately, no 30 day money back guarantee with either of these as we know, but they might be worth trying...
I have to say I haven't uses a mask for a while - I didn't get on with Liz's one...it actually made my skin feel drier.:confused2: I've also tried Elemis and it does the same. Like you, I find Liz's superskin concentrate too heavy but now and again, I use a few drops of Decleor neroli oil (again, from Superdrug!)...but I find just a few drops are all that's needed (three or four) before my Advanced night repair, at night. Us girls eh?...I bet our bathroom cabinets would be quite interesting!:thinking2: Good luck Flora with finding the right thing for you.:happy:

Thank you very much for all the details and for your good wishes !
And yes, I do have many skincare items everywhere in the house !!!

Latest posts

Back