Desert Island Beauty Products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Being a beauty junkie this is tough but....

OPI Nail Envy because I simply don't have nails without it! (Can I sneak in my LD file too please?)

Philosophy Hope in a Tube because nothing else makes my eyes look this good.

Smashbox Halo if I'm truly only allowed one thing to perfect my face :)

Edit: Dang just realised I missed moisturiser which is a total no no, so lets hope I find some exotic plant to do the job....

L'Occitane comes up a lot and also Liz Earle. i must say, having been using Philosophy Purity Cleanser for the past couple of weeks I am going back to LE Cleanse and Polish as I seem to have got rather spotty. Has anyone else found this? Perhaps it's drawing out all the impurities but I rather wish it wouldn't!!
Thanks guys for all your posts - it really highlights the best products.

I found Purity made my skin feel tight and dry and I have oily skin, Cleanse & Polish is unbeatable IMO

Clare, yes, my skin feels tight and dry and if your skin gets too fry then the oil glands start over-producing to make up for it - hence the spots I think. Your comment was useful, thank you!

I found Purity made my skin feel tight and dry and I have oily skin, Cleanse & Polish is unbeatable IMO

im going to have to try that

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

This thread just goes to show how we are so very different. I've used C&P, Purity and many more but still love Gatineau Serenite best. I've also recently discovered Decleor Cleansing water which I love as a quick option.

To be perfectly honest I could happily live without any of them.
A pot of Nivea
A bar of Pears
Any old shampoo/conditioner and I'd be quite happy on a desert island (chuck in Ewan McGregor and I'd be sorted!)

Yeah, I agree, I've tended not to buy into expensive beauty regimes, as I know I can't afford to keep them up, though I did invest in a supply of Victoria Principal's reclaim skincare with my bonus...skin is looking great, but that could be a coincidence due to eating more healthy diet, taking oil of evening primrose capsules.

Tend to stick to good old fashioned supermarket brands...Imperial leather bath products, johnson's aloe vera baby wipes to remove make up, and Waitrose's own shampoo and conditioner!

Its so difficult to have only 3 items but since I am allowed Ultrasun I dont need to pick a moisturiser so my 3 would be

LE Instant Boost Skin Tonic
LE Superskin Concentrate
LE Botanical Body Cream

bonne mere soap in linden:l'occitane
shea butter body cream:l'occitane
shea butter foot cream:l'occitane

Definitely the anti-aging SPF30 from Ultrasun and :

Cleanse and Polish
Superskin concentrate
Gatineau melatogenine futur plus

Re cheap basics, Waitrose Baby Butter for babies botties is a great night time moisturiser and really cheap!

Yes, I got a supply of those when they were like gold dust.....I didn't get on with it, I found it gritty and greasy, and saw no change in my skin, it also b'ggerd up two of my best make up brushes cause it left such a greasy residue on my skin...horrible stuff!....but I know a lot of people swear by it!

Just bought Liz Earle C&P after so many of you have included it in your list. My skin has really deteriorated since I stopped using it so I thought I'd better have some for when I go on holiday next week - not to a desert island though I hasten to add!

1. Estee Lauder daily eye repair (I know it's not QVC but it's fab!)
2. L'Occitane Shea butter body lotion
3. Decleor Cleansing Milk

I used melatogenine futur plus for some time too and it is lovely...but now I use another brand from debenhams - not QVC again, so won't mention it! (but it's a lot cheaper!) I feel guilty deviating, but I seem to be doing that more and more lately with QVC!::dull:
I also used Liz Earle C&P for 10 years and was absolutely devoted, I have dry skin and it suited it for all those years...but my cheeks suddenly starting to go red after I used it each time and I started getting the odd spot, so I changed to Decleor a few months back and the change in my dry skin has been quite dramatic, so I'm sticking with Decleor!. :happy:

Last edited:
1. Estee Lauder daily eye repair (I know it's not QVC but it's fab!)
2. L'Occitane Shea butter body lotion
3. Decleor Cleansing Milk

I used melatogenine futur plus for some time too and it is lovely...but now I use another brand from debenhams - not QVC again, so won't mention it! (but it's a lot cheaper!) I feel guilty deviating, but I seem to be doing that more and more lately with QVC!::dull:
I also used Liz Earle C&P for 10 years and was absolutely devoted, I have dry skin and it suited it for all those years...but my cheeks suddenly starting to go red after I used it each time and I started getting the odd spot, so I changed to Decleor a few months back and the change in my dry skin has been quite dramatic, so I'm sticking with Decleor!. :happy:

I had exactly the same problem with Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish last year !
I had used it from the start and it was great for my skin, even nourrishing.
But last year, it suddenly made my skin red and hot every time I was using it.

I (kind of) got over the problem by using her Gentle Face Exfoliator for a few days and then alternating between the two.
But the Cleanse and Polish has really changed, it's more heavy and sticky. Liz totally changed the ingredients, even took off the almond milk !

I would like to change cleansers, but I never find anything that really suits my dry skin.

As we seem to have similar skins, could you tell me what exactly you use from Decleor, please ?

Flora,
Yes I think we do seem to have similar skin by the sounds of it ! and yes, Liz must have definately change C&P and I didn't realise she'd messed about with the ingredients... but teh cleanser - it's the Decleor "Lait demaquillant" 250 ml size (white milk) I have and it's for all skin types. It's not too runny and last a long time. I always thought I'd never get on with a cleansing milk or that it wouldn't clean my face properly, but it's fab. I wasn't allowed to have extra products for my desert Island (!), I do also use their toner, which is very soothing. I also find the cleanser removes all my makeup in one go and I never found C&P did that either. You can get this as a duo on QVC - but I got mine in my local Superdrug! Having said that though, I popped in there a couple of days ago and the counter where they have L'ancome, Decleor, Clarins and Clinique has dwindled and only had the odd bottle lurking there. I wonder if they're going to stop selling these brands (a lot cheaper than other places, I have to say)...so I'll probably get it from QVC as Decleor is tricky to get in the High Street. Hope this helps....oh and I use an oval cotton wool pad to remove it (sometimes I dampen it just very slightly, especially in the morning).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back