Delayed payments

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I regularly check the payments in and out of my bank and, yesterday, I noticed a payment taken for an item that was purchased at the beginning of the month. I checked my transaction history and couldn't see that it had already been taken so I called CS just to ask what was going on. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and explained that there had been a computer error at the time and that a chuck of payment requests and refunds hadn't been sent to the bank when expected. They couldn't let customers know as they didn't know who had been affected. I think they should have issued some sort of general notice, but if you find some payment that had been long delayed, this could be why. It's really messed my bank up as things I thought had been payed for weeks ago are now being taken. I'm waiting for an easy pay to go, which should have been taken already, but hasn't. I don't have a lot for them to mess around with, so this causes a lot of problems and frustration. I can't help but wonder if QVC just hope we're all stupid enough not to notice these errors. You put a certain amount of trust in them with your money, which they do not reciprocate.

Last edited:
I've seen posts on FB about auto delivery items being received earlier than expected, that's great if someone wants the item sooner but not so good if you have budgeted for a payment to go out on the stated date, maybe after you have been paid, and it goes sooner.

I had a call 16 days ago saying that they couldnt get my easy pay as may bank had refused, that in itself was crap as there was cash in and my bank said they hadnt tried to take any money, I gave them my card details over the phone an 6 days later they again rang me to say they couldnt get the payment (again cash in and bank says not tried). It finally came out on Friday, dont really like this as I like to know where I am and dont expect to make a payment and then it take 10 days tO go through. I even rang my bank on Wednesday to see if it was pending and it wasnt so they must have only applied to take it on Thursday. Absolute crap IMO

Why does Santa Claus like gardening?
Because he likes to - - >

image.php

(Borrowed from Yorko above)

I know lots of people don't use credit cards but I "run" my QVC account on a credit card. It's all I use that card for and it means I see a clear statement of my QVC transactions every month and if there is a balls up then I have a good four weeks to sort it out before it hits me in the wallet.

It a reason I now don't want to be involved with easy payments.At the height of my QVC addiction,I had so many easy pays going out,I didn't know whether I was coming or going.

This year I bought the peony TSV ~ end of July? ~ on easy payments.September I bought the kipling TSV (no easy pay) and last week bought the LG TSV ~ chose myself no easy pays.I was quite shocked at around Oct to see a £9.99 come out my account to QVC.

Of course I'm straight on the phone and it was my last payment to the easy pay peony.I questioned it thinking I was paying that July/Aug/Sept....but apparently the first instalment wasn't taken until Aug...meaning I had Sept and October to pay.Its so easy to get these things muddled up.I only know now whats going out because I've bought so little from QVC.There was a time when there was money leaving my account left,right and centre to QVC.I had neither the inclination (didn't wanna know!!) or the finicial head on to check it (very poor) I just trusted them.

As I say its one reason now I don't use easy pay.I cant get my head round wanting some new make up now.....and still paying for it in march.I know it helps a lot of people out.....but unless its a huge price and I really must have it,I'm trying to avoid them.

i used to write my easy pays on my kitchen calendar and also put reminders on my phone diary but I did notice that Q seem to take them at odd dates that do not seem to exactly tally with my records. Like you RD it was another reason to cut right down on my spending with them as I don't like feeling out of control with my money. Also at the height (or should that be depths?) of my addiction I was earning nearly three times the amount I do now so I had much more lee way with my money. Now a late or early taken payment could really mess up my budget so I just don't do it anymore

Easy Payments are a nightmare. Often taken late, or worse, early. They creep up on you, the way QVC push the easy pay is highly irresposible. I know we are all consenting adults but they lure some of us in with easy pays.

I had a call 16 days ago saying that they couldnt get my easy pay as may bank had refused, that in itself was crap as there was cash in and my bank said they hadnt tried to take any money, I gave them my card details over the phone an 6 days later they again rang me to say they couldnt get the payment (again cash in and bank says not tried). It finally came out on Friday, dont really like this as I like to know where I am and dont expect to make a payment and then it take 10 days tO go through. I even rang my bank on Wednesday to see if it was pending and it wasnt so they must have only applied to take it on Thursday. Absolute crap IMO

I have had the same issue with QVC informing me they couldn't get payment from my card which I knew was incorrect. Why would my credit card, which is current and I pay any balance off every month, not release the payment? No big deal, but it would be if it was being bought quite near to christmas and the same thing happened. They always contact me via phone asap to arrange payment, which I appreciate.

Easy Payments are a nightmare. Often taken late, or worse, early. They creep up on you, the way QVC push the easy pay is highly irresposible. I know we are all consenting adults but they lure some of us in with easy pays.

I disagree, easy pays are an interest free means of delaying full payment. Store cards and credit cards with high interest ratesn , now I could be persuaded that they're irresponsible.

Maintaining an accurate payments file and submitting it to their bank every day is a fundamental function of all businesses - how can they produce proper accounts and balance sheets if their payment system is not 100% ? Very dodgy way to run a business.

I bought the Elemis TSV but it's only just come out of my bank I was hoping maybe they had forgot...

I bought the Elemis TSV but it's only just come out of my bank I was hoping maybe they had forgot...
Me too cazzie, on easy pay, and thought after all this time they'd forgotten, but no such luck LOL

Why does Santa Claus like gardening?
Because he likes to - - >

image.php

(Borrowed from Yorko above)
Did you get this from the Facebook page, with all the ummmm lovely ??? jokes

Latest posts

Back