Decleor Model Tanya

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
So at the start of the 4pm show Tanya's skin looked pretty good tbh , Now at the end of the show , her skin looks bright red , why do they use Tanya as a model if her skin cant tolerate all the products being used .I know Tanya suffers from rosacea so it cant be doing her skin any good. Surely Tanya herself needs to say something aswell, because it cant be any fun for her either.

I noticed this too I thought it was the beauty pick of the month product that did it as the guest therapist was really working it into Tanya's skin to show how It can be used.

Last edited:
I guess it may be a blood rush from massaging, I've noticed if I rub my face a little there's an immediate rush of blood as in skin flashing.

No one person's skin should be subjected to that amount of rubbing etc for an extended length of time they need a rotation in the models

They always use Tanya for the TSV days and by evening her cheeks are bright red. I cannot understand why they do not replace her for the later shows.

Tanya doesn't have to do it if she doesn't want to, models work per job or per hour etc, she won't be locked into a permanent contract to work with Decleor. It's up to her and I'm sure she earns well for it.

That said, you do have to wonder about a brand using a model who has skin that is sensitive to your products if you are demonstrating them live.

I think the same applies to the model who drowns herself in Tova perfume, she must need a bath by the time she leaves the building.

OR DO WE THINK ITS REALLY WATER THAT THEY SPRAY THEMSELVES WITH ???? (its the same model, don't know her name, who does the Liz Earle demos and her skin too is really red by the end of the session)

Seriously, does it tempt you to buy, watching a model being massaged with a face product or dousing herself in parfum? They seem to think it's working!
I find the demos of nail polish or make up useful and maybe products that have a particular or unusual application or texture, but I don't think seeing the models swings it for me. It's just a way of filling time and gives the presenters something to comment on and is visually less boring than watching products applied to the back of a hand.

Tanya needs some sort of soothing poultice waiting for her off-set and an hour in a floatation tank until her hearing recovers.

The good thing about Loccitane shows is they don't have a model on set pretending there having a great time with a bowl of water. Most of the Makeup demos on Q are pretty poor , as the models already have makeup on and the guest just adds more on top , the only Makeup show that starts with bare skin is the YBF shows.

That is a pet hate of mine on Mally shows. I want to see the naked skin being covered by makeup and the finished result.
I've noticed it is a recurring complaint in both UK and US Mally reviews.

Mind you, if Mally actually put on the makeup, she would have to stop talking and concentrate - AND her entourage would have nothing to do!

:mysmilie_17:

They make the excuse its because of time and the way the products are listed for a show. Foundation then straight on to lip gloss. Hey, why not change the rota for how the products are shown!

They always have eye makeup on even when doing skin care. I always laugh at the Gatineau eye makeup remover demo, you can clearly see they still have loads of mascara still on the eyes after AY flashes the cotton pad with the black mascara on it.

Oh and Mally doing the rubbing of the hand over the other to show how well the product stays on. When if you look really closely she slightly cups the rubbing hand. If she was doing it right then she should rub a few fingers over the hand. Now that would really sort the bullet proof claim.

Tanya has been with QVC a long time, a perhaps has trouble finding other work so no doubt she grabs every show she can get.

I also think they won`t start with bare skin because then we`d actually see what poor skin some of the models have. I once read an article about some makeup artist ( can`t recall who ) and she said many models have the most atrocious skin and it is the skill of the makeup artist which makes them camera worthy or film or TV worthy because many of them smoke too much, have poor diet, don`t see enough daylight, party too hard and in some cases abuse drugs and alcohol. I`m not saying Q`s models are the same but I daresay many of them would hate being seen totally naked, skin wise I mean.

I have noticed many a time how poor models' skin is, dry, blemished, tiny lines on "younger" (in their thirties) models (late nights and drinking perhaps?). That made me think they cannot afford good skincare if any at all which cannot be true. Tania's skin seems dehydrated to me and paper like, all these years she's been using Decleor, I don't get it.

I get bored with seeing the same models on with the beauty brands, every one of them uses the regular model for the shows. Why do they do this?

I hadn't really thought about the make up demos before but must admit the Mally shows come across as very unbelievable. When she puts eyeliner or lipstick or eyeshadow on the back of her hand then pretends to try and rub it off. I'll bet you £50.00 her hand doesn't come into contact with the product she's claiming to be "bullet proof"

I can't help but think Tanya's skin issues coincided with the launch of the Decleor Experience Peel Mask which is a Glycolic Acid product. Not all skins can tolerate this ingredient and you do have to be careful with it. When it was launched Fiona demoed it on Tanya umpteen times per day, which is counter to product indications.

I can't help but think Tanya's skin issues coincided with the launch of the Decleor Experience Peel Mask which is a Glycolic Acid product. Not all skins can tolerate this ingredient and you do have to be careful with it. When it was launched Fiona demoed it on Tanya umpteen times per day, which is counter to product indications.

It was doing an Alpha H show that caused Tanya's skin issues!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back